Kevin Durant calls Stephen A. Smith a liar for saying he might sign with the Lakers

3 posters

Go down

Kevin Durant calls Stephen A. Smith a liar for saying he might sign with the Lakers Empty Kevin Durant calls Stephen A. Smith a liar for saying he might sign with the Lakers

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:35 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/10/2/9440925/kevin-durant-los-angeles-lakers-free-agency-2016-stephen-a-smith

Kevin Durant calls Stephen A. Smith a liar for saying he might sign with the Lakers
By Tim Cato  @tim_cato on Oct 2, 2015, 2:11p 53

And Stephen A. fired back in a very strange way.

One of the biggest stories of the upcoming NBA season is Kevin Durant's pending free agency. The Lakers, because they're the Lakers, are always rumored to be in play for major superstars on the open market.

When Stephen A. Smith reported Durant was more interested in Los Angeles than the Washington Wizards or the New York Knicks, it seemed to be business as usual. Here's what he said:

"Regardless of how senseless it may (sound), in one breath I'm hearing that if Kevin Durant doesn't stay in Oklahoma City, L.A. is his primary objective and landing spot as opposed to South Beach or even his home of Washington, D.C."

A rumor like this would usually pass by quickly in the rapid NBA news cycle, but Durant wasn't OK with that, telling reporters this on Friday:

Anthony Slater @anthonyVslater
Kevin Durant on the Lakers rumors: "I don't talk to Stephen A Smith at all. No one in my family, my friends do. So he's lying."
10:23 AM - 2 Oct 2015
 1,629 1,629 Retweets   897 897 favorites

That's about as strong as Durant could reject those rumors without tweeting this Vine at him. (Warning: the Vine has profanity):

https://vine.co/v/eIegupteHvd

UPDATE: Stephen A. has responded and ... man this is creepy:

It just appears that @KDTrey5 needs to learn something about today's world in professional sports:
We don't have to talk TO HIM to talk ABOUT HIM!
Folks like ME will still be here. Watching! Listening! Waiting! Reporting!
Whether he likes it or not. While he's here and long after he's gone.
Time to get use to it.

Stephen A. also called Durant's comments "totally uncalled for" ... and that was before the response went off the rails.

bob
MY NOTE:  Stephen A Smith is a liar?  Yeah and, in another breaking news report, water is wet.  His response is creepy.  It's right up there with Stephen A(sshole) Smith's running buddy, Skip Clueless, who admitted he never watches games but feels qualified to talk about players' games.  Does Smith really think it enhances his credibility by admitting he doesn't actually need a source before he spouts?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kevin Durant calls Stephen A. Smith a liar for saying he might sign with the Lakers Empty Re: Kevin Durant calls Stephen A. Smith a liar for saying he might sign with the Lakers

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:44 pm

It just got weirder. Smith just told Durant "you do not want to make an enemy out of me".

So, you'd write stuff, even if it's not true, just because Durant made an enemy out of you?

I'd love it if NOBODY spoke to Smith or Skip Clueless.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kevin Durant calls Stephen A. Smith a liar for saying he might sign with the Lakers Empty Re: Kevin Durant calls Stephen A. Smith a liar for saying he might sign with the Lakers

Post by gyso Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:17 pm

How does this guy keep his job?  I'll tell you why: he is the equivalent of a internet troll.  He says things oftentimes just to get a rise out of folks and to attract attention to himself.  That creates traffic for his network and it's website.

I think that is why the old BDC site would not regulate trolling, back in the day when many of us posted there. From what I hear, it still goes on today.  The trolls agitate and create more posts when others reply to them and the advertisers pay by the post count (hits?) while their ads are running.

It is the same with this joker. He makes money for his company, so it is in their "best" interest to keep him on board.

SMH No

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:50 am

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Smith any more, but he has proven me wrong. You'd think he'd at least get suspended for this.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down