dboss
bobc33
kdp59
Ktronic1
worcester
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #4 Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 113 Boston - 101 Final - Page 3 Empty Re: ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #4 Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 113 Boston - 101 Final

Post by worcester Tue May 07, 2019 3:56 pm

Tardust, that would be my preference, draft a PG who can pass. Shoot, and defend. Let go of Terry. Save the $$
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #4 Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 113 Boston - 101 Final - Page 3 Empty Re: ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #4 Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 113 Boston - 101 Final

Post by tardust Tue May 07, 2019 3:58 pm

worcester wrote:I appreciate yourvreasoning and sure hope Danny doesn't sell the farm for AD to keep KI.
Somehow that grisly thought reminds me of Dylan's The Ballad of Hollis Brown from his 3rd album: "There's7 people dead on a South Dakota farm."

Irving will probably sign a one year contract, get them to trade the farm for Davis, things go wrong, one or both are hurt, then they both leave after one year and we are back to having a team barely miss the playoffs wondering what happened. In the mean time we will be watching Brown and Tatum averaging over 20 points a game. New Orleans will be competing for a playoff spot in the west and David Griffith will win GM of the year. Danny will retire and I will have to start pulling for the Texas teams again. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Tue May 07, 2019 4:00 pm

worcester wrote:Tardust, that would be my preference, draft a PG who can pass. Shoot, and defend. Let go of Terry. Save the $$

I hope we don't draft one of those tweeners that can't really shoot but can defend. I want someone that can put it in the hole.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Tue May 07, 2019 4:09 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
worcester wrote:True dat.

Heckler, will you take the job of GM for the Celts, please?
Heckler, he was a KO guy, even Danny finally got rid of the pretty boy, I’d make a way better GM than Heckler....

Don't feel bad, I argued with Fierce pretty hard as he was saying that Kelly was the Dirk of the Eastern conference and Sullinger was the K. Malone of the East. I was wondering what he was smoking.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Tue May 07, 2019 4:11 pm

worcester wrote:Tardust, that would be my preference, draft a PG who can pass. Shoot, and defend. Let go of Terry. Save the $$

Something tells me Terry wouldn't sign with Boston anyway unless he was promised a starting position. I don't think anyone could promise him that. I could name a ton of players I would take over him. That little backup point guard for Philly eats his lunch everytime we play them.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue May 07, 2019 7:46 pm

Boy, when you guys give up on a team, you really give up. Slings and arrows flying before the season is officially over for the Celtics.

Wherever he ends up, Kyrie is still a skilled ball player who has let his personality overtake his game. This is sad, because so much could have been accomplished with this team but, the ups and downs were just too much to bounce back from.

I am beginning to believe what some of you have been saying, Kyrie is going to leave this team, as early as tomorrow night. When he walked off that court with seconds left on the clock, all I could think of was Isiah Thomas and those idiot Pistons walking off without shaking hands. He took his ball and went home. This is a tough one for me to admit, I wanted so much to have a true scoring guard who we could rely on in the crunch. Not to be I guess.

As for the rest of the team, there are flaws, no doubt, I only hope it is Ainge making the decisions and not someone else. Who knows what the future will bring.

As I said last night, I will be here tomorrow night, television on, voice off, radio on, cheering them on. I will never give up, I AM A CELTIC.
Time will tell
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue May 07, 2019 8:04 pm

I need to make a comment. What type of fans are we. Well it should be stated that anyone on this Celtic site is a HARD CORE BOSTON CELTIC FAN! PERIOD END OF STORY.

Because we bitch a lot comes from our heritage and a amazing sports franchise that no one has yet to top! We are historic and every team in the NBA looks to achieve the kind of record that we achieved by winning 17 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, and a legacy of being a CLASS ORGANIZATION!

By our bitching by many on this board (I guess I am #1) shows the pride we all have in our team and the excellence we want our team to strive to have! Players, coaches and ownership alike.

And believe me, I know our bitching is felt by all three mentioned above. It puts them on notice that we demand better and we expect them to deliver it to us!

I think that was missing in the 22 year drought between championships and it is a reminder to the team that we have not forgotten the BAD OLD DAYS!

For me I will always BLEED GREEN AND NOTHING MORE......A FAN SINCE 1960 THANK YOU!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue May 07, 2019 8:38 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Boy, when you guys give up on a team, you really give up. Slings and arrows flying before the season is officially over for the Celtics.

Wherever he ends up, Kyrie is still a skilled ball player who has let his personality overtake his game. This is sad, because so much could have been accomplished with this team but, the ups and downs were just too much to bounce back from.

I am beginning to believe what some of you have been saying, Kyrie is going to leave this team, as early as tomorrow night. When he walked off that court with seconds left on the clock, all I could think of was Isiah Thomas and those idiot Pistons walking off without shaking hands. He took his ball and went home.  This is a tough one for me to admit, I wanted so much to have a true scoring guard who we could rely on in the crunch. Not to be I guess.

As for the rest of the team, there are flaws, no doubt, I only hope it is Ainge making the decisions and not someone else. Who knows what the future will bring.

As I said last night, I will be here tomorrow night, television on, voice off, radio on, cheering them on. I will never give up, I AM A CELTIC.
Time will tell

I hope that not thinking they will win the series is not the same thing as giving up on them.

Win or lose I will always roll with the Celtics.  The disappointment is there  I cannot deny it but I am reminded that expectations are merely things that you think and hope will happen.

Next season we can at least start off brand new.

If Boston wins Wednesday a few eyebrows will be raised.  But I do not think they have enough to continue this journey.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue May 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Of course not, we all have to be realistic. It has been a rough season.
I am not blind
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue May 07, 2019 9:58 pm

I’d trade Rozier in a second for Pat C, a combo guard who can shoot and hustles....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue May 07, 2019 10:36 pm

If the Celts play this tomorrow in their headphones, over and over, we will win:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsBwBct0_5U

P.S. This group hung out in Boston in the sixties...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue May 07, 2019 11:55 pm

worcester wrote:If the Celts play this tomorrow in their headphones, over and over, we will win:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsBwBct0_5U

P.S. This group hung out in Boston in the sixties...

Wow Worcester watching that entire video just gave me a “Peak” experience as the edibles are just kicking in!  An extended, live version?  Simply awesome.

The cat playing cowbell was in the pocket for sure.

Great find. Did you see them live?

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 08, 2019 12:36 am

I noticed how many key plays Chris Paul routinely makes in the course of a game that don’t even show up on a stat sheet but are vital to his team winning as I’m watching the exciting Rockets-GS series. Then you have the flashy Kyrie with the bast handles in the game bricking shots, taking bad shots while others are in better shooting positions and gettting smothered by Giannis and that big frontline in the halfcourt, obviously trying to do too much on his own. I understand we have no shot getting Chris Paul, but we need a heady veteran type that can make the right play, shoot and distribute the ball consistantly, until we find or develop a better young point. A player who might be available is Mike Conley, he could hit the open shot, get the ball to the right players and not overdominate the ball IMHO. The sooner the 2 J’s are avg 20 points a game, the better the franchise will be. Kawhi took a few years to get there, patience, as good as we were last year, now the Bucks have surpassed us and Giannis and Middleton are young with alot of good years ahead of them. Gonna take a few years to get the right players around 2 J’s and for them to grow their games to a more impactful level. Kyrie until he shows otherwise doesn’t get it, his play speaks for itself.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed May 08, 2019 7:46 am

about PG's.

I would note that Smart spends as much time as the de-facto PG as any of our Guards this year.

IF Irving leaves Smart is already here and we can elevate Brown back to the starting role. Keeping Rozier is likely our best option in this scenario as the third guard in the rotation. Just my opinions on the PG position.

Brad also runs the offense thru Hayward a lot, especially with the second team.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 08, 2019 8:38 am

Hayward was so good in first game of this series and some of the games vs Pacers, wasn’t he dunking on Turner, him falling off the bus since game 1 has befuddled me. If only he was on and Kyrie was just an average version of himself, not even great, but not terrible like last 3 games, getting swallowed up by big Bucks and taking so many bad and quick shots, this would be a different series.

Another key was bobc33 not able to control his childhood friends son, he should be missing shots for us, not abusing GH.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 08, 2019 8:48 am

BobC -No, I never got to see the Chambers Brothers live, but my sister did. In fact she was a lover to one of the brothers in her younger, wilder days. Time HAS come today, and I hope the C's rise to the occasion.

Cow, I would love to have Mike Conley running our offense, splitting time with Marcus.

As for Connaughton, it is a shame he's not a Celtic - and he makes less than $2M a year!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 08, 2019 8:50 am

How many times have we seen Jaylen or Jayson just stand on outside of 3 point line on side of court as Kyrie works some pnr with Al, and games where they only get 7-8 shots? I can see Smart and Jaylen starting without Kyrie, this would instantly upgrade our defense as how many times have Bucks also attacked Kyrie, getting him on switches, or Hill just abusing him...??? 2 J’s need to be more a focal point in the offense like in our playoff run last year, Kyrie thinks he’s Batman, hows that workin out? Right who cares?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 08, 2019 8:52 am

You are right on Cow.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 08, 2019 8:53 am

worcester wrote:BobC -No, I never got to see the Chambers Brothers live, but my sister did. In fact she was a lover to one of the brothers in her younger, wilder days. Time HAS come today, and I hope the C's rise to the occasion.

Cow, I would love to have Mike Conley running our offense, splitting time with Marcus.

As for Connaughton, it is a shame he's not a Celtic - and he makes less than $2M a year!
Right, I’d make a good GM

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 08, 2019 8:56 am

Yes you would Cow. Would you keep Brad as our coach? Would you resign MM? More playing time for RW?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 08, 2019 9:16 am

A lot of pundits Colin Cowherd, Mike Greenberg, Max Kellerman, Jaylen Rose are saying versions of Kyrie does not make players better and are better without Kyrie because when he goes into iso mode everyone stands around and watches....it’s frustrating, he has shown in flashes that he has vision and can pass, but so many times he takes difficult shots when others are wide open. He wanted to dominate the ball, lead, be Batman, but he’s not that durable and he looks worn out and the stats back that up. He needs another superstar to do the heavy lifting so he can be a lethal and fresh Robin.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 08, 2019 9:25 am

worcester wrote:Yes you would Cow. Would you keep Brad as our coach? Would you resign MM? More playing time for RW?
I would have to see who’s out there for coaching, but Brad can coach, he just got lost trying to get Hayward right early when he obviously wasn’t ready and now he’s got to deal with that ego maniac Kyrie, since I would get rid of Kyrie, I would probably give BS another shot. I would try to resign MM as long as he and his agent are reasonable, definitely would have been giving RW more time all season or told Stevens to do it. RW has to bulk up, do nothing but ball handling drills and shooting drills this whole summer.....I would do everything in my power to get 2 J’s right and motivated this summer to working on their games, Jayson needs to get deadeye with the 3 point shot and Jaylen needs ballhandling ballhandling FT shooting.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 08, 2019 9:29 am

Well said, 112288. It is always somewhat uneasy/difficult/challenging getting on this site as the standards are set very high year in and year out, not only for our team but for the content of what each of us contribute.

Most players that come to the NBA better/have to come in with the attitude that they love to play basketball because that's all they will be doing. They will never win or compete for a championship, not with a shelf life of less than 5 years as it's statistically impossible. So they need to play simply for the love of the game and maybe make a ridiculous sum of money in that time only to see it all gone in a few years like they never even played one game.

We, however, not only love the game and our team, but each year we have more of a championship or bust mentality woven in our fabric and DNA as Celtic fans. Most if not all other teams, barring the Lakers, don't or simply can't have this mentality because they don't have all the banners hanging like we and the Lakers do. When you couple that with this particular season of ours of high expectations coming off last year's run and the "additions" of Kyrie and GH, the results to date have been maddening and lead to most if not all of us to some degree lashing out just like we have been all over the map.

My advice for today? Still take Kyrie at his word. "Wait for the playoffs." He has backed himself into a corner for sure. But there is one more game and possibly 2 more after that. And to sweeten the deal, Shaq has now bet Charles a guaranteed Celtic victory in Game 5! Quadruple down now, people!!

With the path we have chosen and the team we support, we sometimes miss the "F" word....Fun! Remember, in the end, this is basketball...simply a game. We know every player on the team yet they don't know us. I'm not saying they could care less about us, but they could care less about us.

In the end, and I regret AND am happy to say this, but our lives are not going to change whether the Celtics win Game 5, the series or the championship.

What has changed and enriched my life has been bantering with all you guys and gal on this site! It has stretched my writing abilities to the point I think I can write a book and sell it. Haven't decided what kind of book to write or what subject whether I will ever write one but I actually think I can write one thanks to you all! I don't actively do any kind of prose except from this site. I do write a sermon every so often when our minister takes some time off but that's it.

I have discovered something by being here...write about something you like! Things flow much easier and from the heart. All of us have that ability and the joy shows daily on here. If you are PO'ed, tell us. If you're elated, tell us! We won't bite...well, most of the time! It doesn't make you any less or more of a fan.

So keep riding the roller coaster because that's what it is today, tomorrow and forever with the Celtics. So you better like roller coasters, too!

Here's to one more swing! Go Celtics!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 08, 2019 9:32 am

The sooner 2 J’s are best versions of themselves, closer franchise will be to contending, but like Kawhi’s growth, it takes time. Then as those guys are getting there, keep building around them, hopefully RW can be a rotational player with defensive impact, seems like a no brainer.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Wed May 08, 2019 10:02 am

I was ecstatic when we got KI, but had seen him operate only as the second option in Cleveland. After 2 years in Boston, I see he's a magician with the dribble, good shooter, average defender and facilitator, no leader (a leader inspires). At the price he'll command, let him go. Keep the Js and Smart. I like Semi, RW. TR plays well as a starter, good rebounder, still I'd let him go with all the picks coming. Perhaps we're stuck with Hayward, but his salary shouldn't determine his minutes: that only compounds the problem...By bitching here, we show we're paying attention and care. When I'm watching a game and it's not going well, every other word begins with F. Still, I haven't been traded yet, maybe because my wife knows I can't help it. I've been rooting for the green since 7th grade, going to hit 70 in July. My standards are Russell and Auerbach. The most frustrating aspect of this season IMHO is the coaching. Danny did give Brad a nearly impossible team - no good big man, an ego-centric pg and too much duplication. Still, I think Brad has fallen short - overplaying some, underplaying others, despite the results. It was clear to many that the C's were hurting at center, but had raw potential in RW. Oh well. I haven't given up on this season, but don't believe Brad will take the bold move of putting our most gifted defender on Giannis. Anything less is bound to fall short. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next