dboss
bobc33
kdp59
Ktronic1
worcester
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #4 Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 113 Boston - 101 Final - Page 4 Empty Re: ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #4 Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 113 Boston - 101 Final

Post by kdp59 Wed May 08, 2019 10:11 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:The sooner 2 J’s are best versions of themselves, closer franchise will be to contending, but like Kawhi’s growth, it takes time. Then as those guys are getting there, keep building around them, hopefully RW can be a rotational player with defensive impact, seems like a no brainer.

don't forget Smart with Tatum and Brown..for me thats 3 quality young players there.

and we get three swings at the draft bat this year too.

one of these three should be there at #14:

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/2016/03/bol-bol.html

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/tyler-herro.html

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/2017/08/keldon-johnson.html

a couple of these should be there at 20&22:

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/2016/12/charles-bassey.html

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/daniel-gafford.html

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/brandon-clarke.html

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/kevin-porter.html

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/ty-jerome.html

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/2017/02/pj-washington.html

take your pick, but at least one should be able to be a rotational NBA player fairly quickly.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #4 Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 113 Boston - 101 Final - Page 4 Empty Re: ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #4 Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 113 Boston - 101 Final

Post by worcester Wed May 08, 2019 10:52 am

I hope Danny trades some picks to move up in the draft and gets a high quality pick to fill a role we need.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 08, 2019 11:29 am

worcester, that may be the best option. Not to panic too much, just get the dude(s) we need via draft. Decide on Kyrie before Kyrie does, give Gordon the summer in the weight room and gym to get fully back to normal. Put the panic button back in the drawer and lock it up and throw away the key.

The shell of this team is still near the top of the league. It's Danny that has the trigger finger. He has to know now to get passed MIL that we need a down low, on the blocks big. Heck, doesn't he check this site daily?!!

I'm guessing the chances of trading up to Zion are out of the question without blowing up the team like for AD, right? Just curious.

db

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed May 08, 2019 11:35 am

dbrown4 wrote:worcester, that may be the best option.  Not to panic too much, just get the dude(s) we need via draft.  Decide on Kyrie before Kyrie does, give Gordon the summer in the weight room and gym to get fully back to normal.  Put the panic button back in the drawer and lock it up and throw away the key.    

The shell of this team is still near the top of the league.  It's Danny that has the trigger finger.  He has to know now to get passed MIL that we need a down low, on the blocks big.  Heck, doesn't he check this site daily?!!

I'm guessing the chances of trading up to Zion are out of the question without blowing up the team like for AD, right?  Just curious.

db

if you want a player that can match Giannas, then you best hope Danny works a trade for Anthony Davis. i do think Danny will work that angle VERY hard this off-season as a way to keep irving here long term. Danny won't want to let irving walk for nothing after giving up IT, Crowder and the #8 pick in last years draft, IMO.

but if you want a player to maybe match Giannis in the east that may be available..Davis is the guy.

we'll be able to chat more about all of this in the coming day/week after Milwaukee dispatches us in game 6 or 7..if they win tonight, we have simply laid down as a team.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 08, 2019 12:10 pm

My one last hope tonight is an obscure connection to our erratic regular season behavior of losing streaks and winning streaks. Now would be a great time for a winning streak!

I guess we have had both with the IND series but that seems like ages ago now. In the regular season you can hide with the fact that you are playing a different team every night. But back to the other thread about being exposed in the playoffs and you have our team. We'll have an answer in about 10 hours.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed May 08, 2019 12:29 pm

dboss wrote:Get out the nails and hammer, bring a box lunch, line them up and start the crucifixion.

There is little evidence that the Romans flogged their victims but what the hell, let's flog them anyways.

Our guys are coming up short but we still love them right?  Naw let's kill them anyways because we are Celtics fans that will turn on you in the blink of a false eyelash.  You see we are suffering from schizophrenia. Our vicarious relationship with this team, with these players, has turned ugly and now we must dole out blame in increments.  Maybe we could use percentages of blaming.  That may be comforting to our sense of inequality.  
Being critical of ones game doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve turned on that player or team. With criticism comes praise when it’s warranted.
I only believe in getting out the hammer and nails when it’s obvious that a change has to be made and yes, there are changes that need to be made with our Celts
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed May 08, 2019 1:22 pm

112288 wrote:I need to make a comment.  What type of fans are we.  Well it should be stated that anyone on this Celtic site is a HARD CORE BOSTON CELTIC FAN!  PERIOD END OF STORY.

Because we bitch a lot comes from our heritage and a amazing sports franchise that no one has yet to top!  We are historic and every team in the NBA looks to achieve the kind of record that we achieved by winning 17 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, and a legacy of being a CLASS ORGANIZATION!

By our bitching by many on this board (I guess I am #1) shows the pride we all  have in our team and the excellence we want our team to strive to have!   Players, coaches and ownership alike.

And believe me, I know our bitching is felt by all three mentioned above.  It puts them on notice that we demand better and we expect them to deliver it to us!

I think that was missing in the 22 year drought between championships and it is a reminder to the team that we have not forgotten the BAD OLD DAYS!

For me I will always BLEED GREEN AND NOTHING MORE......A FAN SINCE 1960 THANK YOU!

We are halfway there! [Sigh]
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Wed May 08, 2019 5:11 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:How many times have we seen Jaylen or Jayson just stand on outside of 3 point line on side of court as Kyrie works some pnr with Al, and games where they only get 7-8 shots? I can see Smart and Jaylen starting without Kyrie, this would instantly upgrade our defense as how many times have Bucks also attacked Kyrie, getting him on switches, or Hill just abusing him...??? 2 J’s need to be more a focal point in the offense like in our playoff run last year, Kyrie thinks he’s Batman, hows that workin out? Right who cares?

Bingo!!   Thats one thing that gets overlooks is team take advantage of Kyrie like team try to do Curry.  I know he puts out effort a lot of times but he is just a small guard.  I have been thinking of Conley a lot as well.  I don't think any of the players will care if Kyrie leaves other than maybe Al.  Kyrie gets at least half his assists to big Al.  

We better start looking at Al's replacement as it is coming fast.   I hope Williams works out.  I just want a center that is athletic and does the little things like getting garbage buckets.  Doesn't need plays run for him to score.  A big time rebounder and shot blocker will work fine.

Rondo anyone?
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed May 08, 2019 5:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed May 08, 2019 5:30 pm

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fBEGsdnpXs

you can't teach height!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 08, 2019 6:15 pm

We have enough assets for Danny to trade up to get this guy.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4