Next Up - Celtics @ Bucks Round 2 Game 5 Wednesday 5/8/2019 8 PM

2 posters

Go down

Next Up - Celtics @ Bucks Round 2 Game 5 Wednesday 5/8/2019 8 PM Empty Next Up - Celtics @ Bucks Round 2 Game 5 Wednesday 5/8/2019 8 PM

Post by dboss Wed May 08, 2019 5:05 pm

The day of reckoning for the 2018 - 2019 season has arrived.

Game # 5 is the most important game of this season.  Win and you get another shot to win at home.  Lose and you become a 2nd round casualty and the post mortem (an examination of a dead body to determine the cause of death) will begin.

Giannis has turn into an express train after game one.  I do not know how you beat this team unless you slow this guy down.  Except in game 1, I just have not seem a full blown 48 minute commitment by the Celtics in executing their defensive plan.  As a matter of fact I do not even know what that plan is.  One thing is certain.  You have to be present at the point of his attack and you will need great defensive help.

Unfortunately the Bucks have made Boston's defense look like a turnstile at 5:00 PM  in a subway station.  As a matter of fact they are not even paying they are just jumping over and getting a free ride. The whole goddamn team is getting to the rim on our guys.

Sometimes guys other than Giannis require rotation help.  We saw none of that the last few game.  If one of our guys got beat no teammates were willing to extend themselves to help out.  It was a "you're on your on"  defensive effort.

The Bucks have taken away our top scorer (KI)  They are quite determined to keep him in check.

Kyrie has been quite accommodating as he's rushed a lot of shots and really forced things too much.  The ball needs to move much better and those one pass and a shot possessions reflect a complete lack of discipline.  We know for a fact that the Celtics shoot a better percentage when a shot is taken after multiple passes.    Every player needs to keep the ball moving.

Big Al has seen his rebounding numbers slide.  If you recall it is never about Al's skill level.  He pretty much is skilled across the board.  My concern has been his stamina to play at a high level the deeper we go into each round.  Unfortunately Baynes has not been playing much and I do not know if that is related to matchups or his heath (sprained ankle)  But everyone on this team needs to rebound the ball and everyone one needs to get back on defense and everyone needs to play a role in defending as a primary guy and especially as a help defender.

Brad Stevens...this is your life!

Do not let this game slip away from you. Building up a 10 or 11 point lead and then letting it disappear like a fart in the wind still stinks.  Call more set plays.  Take control of what your guys are running out there.    If something bad happens , call a timeout.  Do not let them score while you team is barren.

Win the 3rd QTR.  The Bucks have been grinding your guys down like oatmeal.  If your guys are rushing shots and missing stops you will lose again.  

Go out and win this one so that you can coach another game.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Next Up - Celtics @ Bucks Round 2 Game 5 Wednesday 5/8/2019 8 PM Empty Re: Next Up - Celtics @ Bucks Round 2 Game 5 Wednesday 5/8/2019 8 PM

Post by kdp59 Wed May 08, 2019 5:38 pm

don't get sucked in if they win this one folks.....they'll just break your hearts!

on another note sports radio is KILLING Irving the last two days...I almost feel sorry for the guy.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Next Up - Celtics @ Bucks Round 2 Game 5 Wednesday 5/8/2019 8 PM Empty Re: Next Up - Celtics @ Bucks Round 2 Game 5 Wednesday 5/8/2019 8 PM

Post by dboss Wed May 08, 2019 6:50 pm

kdp59 wrote:don't get sucked in if they win this one folks.....they'll just break your hearts!

on another note sports radio is KILLING Irving the last two days...I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Kyrie certainly deserves a good helping of criticism but you would think the rest of the team, coaching staff and GM are void of fault.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down