Bucks @ Celtics Wednesday October 30, 2019 Game #4

2 posters

Go down

Bucks @ Celtics Wednesday October 30, 2019 Game #4 Empty Bucks @ Celtics Wednesday October 30, 2019 Game #4

Post by dboss Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Game 4 tonight at 7:30 at home against the Bucks.  Some teams cannot recover after getting demolished in the playoffs but as I pointed out during the playoff, the Bucks beat the pants off of Boston in the playoffs during the Bird era.  It was a bump in the road.

Boston has retooled and realigned their team and the Buck have also made several roster changes as well.

The big matchup issue however remains the same.  How do you defend against a lethal weapon?

A few defensive stops ain't gonna get it.  The Celtics need a sustainable plan designed to limit Giannis everytime he touches the ball. 

The Celtics are playing more zone defenses so that is definitely a strategy that we may see tonight and they will also need to double team the Freak and either force him into more difficult shots or make him pass the ball.  The other night against the Heat Giannis turned the ball over 8 times.

Brad may opt to put Brown on the freak but I think that will be a big mistake.  I can see Jaylen picking up early fouls and going to the bench.  In prior years Semi has been a guy who has used his quickness and strength.  That however is not a fulltime solution.   The Celtics will need to show him many different looks.  The main focus should be to keep him out of the paint and away from the glass where he is an excellent rebounder.  One on one defensive matchups favor him so zone defenses and immediate double teaming can be effective.

The Bucks starting 5 includes Giannis. Middleton, B Lopez, Bledsoe and Wesley Matthews.  They have a deep bench and they shoot a lot of 3 point shots.

For Boston, Kanter is still out but Theis is scheduled to play.  The Celtics should be able to force the Bucks out of their big line up with great play from our wings.  The Celtics have really struggled shooting the 3 pointer so far but they will not have the luxury of doing that tonight.  

The Bucks are getting a little long in the tooth as they have 6 players 31 years old or older.  It is hard to believe that Giannis is only 24 years old.

I am not sure who starts at center for Boston but I would go with Robert Williams. I would put Hayward on Middleton and Brown on Mathews, Tatum on Middleton.   Theis and Williams should start out on Giannis with double team help.

Keys to the game

Contain the Freak
Block out on the defensive glass
Move the ball
Make the 3 ball
Get to the line
Knock down the Freebies
Get out and run
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Bucks @ Celtics Wednesday October 30, 2019 Game #4 Empty Re: Bucks @ Celtics Wednesday October 30, 2019 Game #4

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:10 pm

Kanter is the only Celtic still inactive. Theis and Romeo are available.

We Semi and Grant will probably platoon defending Giannis. Good luck with that, boys. I also wouldn't mind seeing some length on him, like Brad did with Horford. The other Williams?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Bucks @ Celtics Wednesday October 30, 2019 Game #4 Empty Re: Bucks @ Celtics Wednesday October 30, 2019 Game #4

Post by dboss Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:29 pm

Bob, Grant and Semi could really make a difference, especially Grant with his ability to see the play before it happens.  

RW is probably the only guy on the team with the length to challenge him.  Let's see how the Celtics execute all these options.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:53 pm

Looks like Jaylen Brown is out tonight
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:38 pm

I think Smart gets the start and just maybe we see our first look at Romeo Langford off the bence.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down