Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten?

+4
KyleCleric
sinus007
dbrown4
gyso
8 posters

Go down

Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package all 3 to get into the top 10?

Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Vote_lcap13%Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Vote_lcap25%Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Vote_lcap38%Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Vote_lcap24%Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Empty Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten?

Post by gyso Wed May 15, 2019 10:40 am

The results are in, the lottery is complete.  Many have said that the draft is a crap shoot after the top 3 or 4 picks.  With that being said, sometimes a player picked late in the first round blossoms into a good (but not great) player.

We could keep all three and hope that one of the three would pan out, but how did that work out when we drafted Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo late in the first round in 2012?  Zero for two.

We could package all three in a trade to move up into the top ten in the draft this year.

We could keep #14 and package #20 & #22 with a player (Rozier?) to move into the top ten.

We could perhaps do something else that doesn't come to mind at this time.

What do you prefer?

Back to top Go down

Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Empty Re: Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten?

Post by gyso Wed May 15, 2019 10:43 am

I chose "Package #20 & #22 with a player to move up".

The player I pick to go is Terry Rozier.

Back to top Go down

Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten? Empty Re: Would you rather keep all three 1st round picks or package some to get into the top ten?

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 15, 2019 10:48 am

gyso,

No reading between your lines there!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 15, 2019 11:00 am

dbrown4 wrote:gyso,

No reading between your lines there!!

db

That guy is wearing on my last nerve. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 am

I think he's punched his one-way ticket to Nowheresville. We'll see.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 am

Hi,
I voted "Other". I still think that Danny will go after AD and use some of the picks.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 15, 2019 11:35 am

sinus,

He pretty much has to make a stab at him since he's been coveting him for years now. But the sticker price just went up for sure. Don't think DA will bet the farm on one guy though, even if he's prime time Michael Jordan.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed May 15, 2019 2:34 pm

I’d guess you could move up if you wanted. It seems like a 3 player draft and then a drop off. Maybe the Wizards or Wolves will get their target at 14 so Cs can move up a few spots for a specific player DA likes giving up one of those picks.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed May 15, 2019 3:05 pm

I voted other because I am really not sure what Danny wants to do.

We likely lose Both Rozier and Morris and even if KI leaves I no longer envision TR as a high quality PG.  Aron Baynes has a player option as does Al Horford.  Theis has a Team QO for $1.8 Million and he could get more if the Celtics renounce him.

With that in mind Boston may in fact need to retain all 3 picks just to fill out their roster.

One thing seems pretty certain.  The Celtics came up short this year so they have to make changes.  I do not agree that Kyrie will leave although many have assumed that him leaving is a foregone conclusion.  I assure you it is not.

The other real possibility is that Danny will make a trade and use draft picks to make it happen.

The Celtics have obvious  positional issues with this roster.  As I have stated a 1,000 times the Celtics will not be able to win a title if Big Al is our best big man.  They need a young stud on the front line to be able to compete physically with the quality teams in the East and out West.

in my opinion that is their single biggest need.  Lose Kyrie and we will have another need at the point.

Draft night will reveal more and when July 1st rolls around everything will become clearer.  After that Danny will be working to rebuild  his bench.

The bottom line is that the team will be different.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed May 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Would we be trading for the young big or drafting him? There are a number of potential centers likely available at 14 or the later picks but don’t think we can expect them to be stars. Bol may have best upside with his size and offensive skills.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed May 15, 2019 3:49 pm

I think Danny needs to make the trade for AD. That give you the scoring rebounding and defense needed in the frontcourt.

Drafting rookie PG's and centers just means 3-5 years of more development time and NO titles.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm

Gyso you took the words right out of my mouth!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 15, 2019 4:16 pm

All the sports guys are eating up what Rozier is spewing right now. They have been trying to get info out of the locker room all year, now they have a talking head telling them whatever and they are eating it right up I know Kyrie was a tough guy to play with, but Rozier showed little to no improvement so why should they give him a big raise, as Blakely said last night. Draper was falling all over himself defending Rozier. Sign and trade him, don't let him dictate what happens.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed May 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Rozier can sign a contract with another team

Danny can match it and keep Rozier or try to trade him to the team that made the offer.

Looking more and more that if Rozier gets an offer like Kelly O. did a couple years ago, Danny will let him walk.

I actually think Dboss is correct and Danny will try everything to re-sign Irving and trade for Davis. I just think trading for Davis will cost us Tatum and one of Brown or Smart, along with the #14 pick this year and the Grizzlies pick next year,

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed May 15, 2019 4:51 pm

I wouldn’t expect that Rozier would get an offer sheet. He played poor last season. It would be hard for a team to justify a multi-year contract that they’d expect Danny wouldn’t match. Olynyk was unrestricted when he left.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 15, 2019 5:35 pm

If Rozier signs an offer sheet, the sign-and-trade cannot be made.

On the other hand, Rozier can tell Danny that he has a verbal offer and allow Ainge to work with the other team, but is he signs the offer sheet, the Celtics match in two days or he is gone.

This is per Larry Coon's FAQ #42 and #92.

Will he get an offer now that he has shown his true colors?  Stranger things have happened.  Teams have a minimum team salary, maybe a team makes an offer because they just need to spend the money and think Rozier is almost worth the over-pay.

Kelly Olynyk was a restricted free agent going into the summer that year.  The salary cap number came in too low, partially because the playoffs included too many 4-0 and 4-1 series and not enough 4-3 and 4-2 series.  (Lost revenue during the playoffs).  In order to help fit Gordon Hayward into the lower cap number, Olynyk was renounced and he became an unrestricted free agent.

We also had to trade away Avery Bradley to Detroit to further reduce team salary for Gordon to sign.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 15, 2019 11:51 pm

Maybe we could trade Rozier plus picks to Miami for Olynyk, and then Cow could have cardiac surgery alongside Danny.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 15, 2019 11:54 pm

worcester wrote:Maybe we could trade Rozier plus picks to Miami for Olynyk, and then Cow could have cardiac surgery alongside Danny.

Razz cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 16, 2019 7:28 am

oh my!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down