"Who has the best Anthony Davis trade package after the NBA draft lottery?"

+2
KyleCleric
steve3344
6 posters

Go down

"Who has the best Anthony Davis trade package after the NBA draft lottery?" Empty "Who has the best Anthony Davis trade package after the NBA draft lottery?"

Post by steve3344 Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/who-has-the-best-anthony-davis-trade-package-after-the-nba-draft-lottery-172204894.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

"Who has the best Anthony Davis trade package after the NBA draft lottery?" Empty Re: "Who has the best Anthony Davis trade package after the NBA draft lottery?"

Post by KyleCleric Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 am

Boston has the most to offer if they want to make a deal. Knicks package seems interesting. No one proven but the 3rd pick, Robinson, Knox, Ntilikina, and Smith jr is a lot of prospect. Lakers package would be a poorer version of the same. The other teams mentioned do not make much sense.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

"Who has the best Anthony Davis trade package after the NBA draft lottery?" Empty Re: "Who has the best Anthony Davis trade package after the NBA draft lottery?"

Post by kdp59 Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 am

nice piece with lots of options.

IMO the likely landing spot is:

1) Knicks- Why Davis would WANT to play there is beyond me but it was one of the places Davis' team listed as a place he would re-sign.

For NO Barrett with Zion would be two nice pieces  to add to Holiday (until he gets moved) Kevin Knox, Robinson and one of the point guards would also be sent over along with at least one more future draft pick (better of the Dallas or knick one?).

that is a pretty nice haul for the Pelicans to jump start a rebuild.

Zion, Barrett, Knox, Robinson, Ntilikina along with a a future lottery pick is hard to not like.

2) Celtics - We all know Danny will roll the dice, even if Davis' team says he won't sign an extension. Dangerous to me, but how much will Danny offer , if that is what he's facing. I think he'd go all in if Davis' people say he will re-sign a max deal here and offer Tatum, Smart the #14 pick this year and the Grizzlies future pick to get him. If not Danny may only offer up Tatum a couple draft picks only to roll the dice.

To me the Knicks offer may end being better that what Danny is willing to give up.

3) Lakers- Don't count out that #4 pick they just got...it may be enough with Kuzma, Hart and another young player or two to entice the Pelicans, along with future draft picks.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm

My guess is Davis stays with NO.

If he does go, I think he ends up with the Knicks. They can give NO some decent compensation in exchange, and Davis has mentioned NY favorably. Knicks would also be in a position to build around him.

I doubt LA or Boston are possibilities at this point. The Lakers might consider trying, with their 4 pick as attractive bait, but NO has resisted their pitch so far. The more I look at the situation in Boston, the less I think they would give up what would be asked. Land Davis and gut the team. Don't see it.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 16, 2019 4:45 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/05/anthony-davis-rumors-new-orleans-pelicans-dont-want-to-do-business-with-the-lakers-report.html

Anthony Davis Rumors: New Orleans Pelicans ’don’t want to do business with the Lakers’ (report)

Today 2:48 PM

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com

The New Orleans Pelicans winning the NBA draft lottery, and thus the right to draft Duke phenom Zion Williamson, changed the landscape of the Anthony Davis trade saga.

The Boston Celtics, once thought to be frontrunners for Davis, may not be anymore thanks to a more level playing field that includes the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers. However, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, appearing on ESPN LA’s “Mornings with Keyshawn, LZ and Travis” says the Lakers may never get a shot at trading for the Pelicans big man.

“The Pelicans do not want to do business with the Lakers, they just don’t,” he said. “That’s an easy position to take if they don’t have something you really want. If the Lakers had won the lottery, we might have a different conversation. But they did not win, and to make matters worse, the Pelicans did.”

The Lakers weren’t in the best position in the first place, according to Windhorst, because they are a Western Conference team and New Orleans would prefer to send Davis East. But the Pelicans are also still upset at how the Davis trade request played out.

“I also think there’s animus. There is absolutely animus," he said. "There is some some belief, whether it’s true or not, that Anthony Davis’ trade demand, which derailed this past season for the Pelicans, was Lakers-involved... I would say there’s probably going to be a cold war between these two teams for the foreseeable future.”

He confirmed that Davis timed the request because of Boston’s inability, due to collective bargaining rules regarding their contract structure, to trade for him and pair him with Kyrie Irving until this July.

If Windhorst is correct, the animosity created by the timing of that request makes this a two-team race for Davis. Boston has great assets in the players they can offer, but the Knicks landing the third pick means they can make a great offer as well.

“I actually think that the Knicks are in a better position to make a deal for Anthony Davis than the Lakers are because the difference between the three pick and the four pick is dramatic in this draft," Windhorst said. "If all things are equal, they don’t want to send him to the Western Conference and they don’t want to do business with the Lakers. That’s just the way it is according to what I’ve been told.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 pm

There are many other factors to consider with an AD trade.
What teams will he re-sign with?
Not many if we believe the reports of teams his agent leaked out a few months ago.
If a team is not on his list, I doubt they will make huge offers for AD knowing he could leave next summer.

Also, what will the team's roster look like after an AD trade?
With NY, if they trade the #3 pick, Dennis Smith, Kevin Knox and Mitchell Robinson, who else is left?
Yes New York will have cap space but what if they don't get Kyrie, Durant or Kawhi?
Is an AD, Kemba Walker and Julius Randle team a contender? Not in my opinion.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down