Gilbert Arenas pointed out teammates' flaws and refused to root for them when he was on the bench

4 posters

Go down

Gilbert Arenas pointed out teammates' flaws and refused to root for them when he was on the bench Empty Gilbert Arenas pointed out teammates' flaws and refused to root for them when he was on the bench

Post by bobheckler Sat May 25, 2019 12:58 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/gilbert-arenas-pointed-out-teammates-flaws-and-refused-to-root-for-them-when-he-was-on-the-bench-195321065.html

Gilbert Arenas pointed out teammates' flaws and refused to root for them when he was on the bench

Chris Cwik, Yahoo Sports

20 hours ago

It doesn’t sound like former Washington Wizards star Gilbert Arenas was the best teammate. During an interview on the No Chill podcast, Arenas explains why he never rooted for teammates — and why he pointed out their flaws — when he was on the bench.

The 37-year-old Arenas kicked things off by saying he doesn’t understand why NBA benches celebrate these days when their teammates make big plays on the court. He then got into his mentality when he was sitting on the bench during games.

Warning: Arenas uses NSFW language in this clip.

https://twitter.com/gswchris/status/1131389668170162176

Chris Montano
@gswchris
Man, Gilbert Arenas really might be the worst teammate of all time. 😂😭

4:41 AM - May 23, 2019

As Arenas explains, “I was angry as f—- as a bench player. I’m not clapping for s—- you did. Like, I’m sorry ... F—- that. I want your position.”

Arenas continues by saying he rooted for his teammates to struggle when he was on the bench because he knew that meant he would enter the game sooner. He even says he would call out teammates to try and get his coach to sub him in sooner.

“I was literally making sure the coach knew his flaws, like, ‘C’mon, dude, get back on defense.’ Like, ‘Damn, man, he keeps getting beat.’ Like, ‘Tighten up, he keeps going left on you.’”

Arenas describes himself as “low-key hating” on the guy in front of him when he was on the bench.

Those comments didn’t sit well with at least one current player. Jared Dudley of the Brooklyn Nets said Arenas’ comments represented a “losing mentality.”

Jared Dudley
✔
@JaredDudley619
That’s a losing mentality! Don’t care how much money you made or how good of a player is, if u have that mentality the basketball Gods cannot reward you! That’s why having good vets in the NBA are crucial cuz there are players like this. It’s a disease

Throughout his 12-year career, Arenas reached some impressive highs in the NBA. He was a three-time All-Star and made three appearances on the All-NBA team. Despite those individual accomplishments, Arenas never won an NBA Championship.

We might know why now.

bob
MY NOTE:  Arenas' nickname was "Agent 0".  We all thought that was because he wore jersey number 0.  Now we know he was a zero for another reason. The Anti-Celtic.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Gilbert Arenas pointed out teammates' flaws and refused to root for them when he was on the bench Empty Re: Gilbert Arenas pointed out teammates' flaws and refused to root for them when he was on the bench

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 25, 2019 2:15 pm

If the goal is winning, you need to rely on your teammates, no one does it by themselves....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Gilbert Arenas pointed out teammates' flaws and refused to root for them when he was on the bench Empty Re: Gilbert Arenas pointed out teammates' flaws and refused to root for them when he was on the bench

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat May 25, 2019 2:55 pm

what a nice guy
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat May 25, 2019 4:48 pm

I guess that all of Cs fans were much more lucky than we ever knew that this guy never played in our green uniforms. Selfish guys and quitters have never been my favorites

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down