NYCelt
international
tjmakz
dboss
wideclyde
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Al Horford opts out; to become free agent - Page 2 Empty Re: Al Horford opts out; to become free agent

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:42 pm

Be careful what you wish for. Al Horford does alot for the Celtics that goes unnoticed or underappreciated. I know Capela is a good rebounder, which is not Al's strong suit. But he is a good guy to have on the floor and in the locker room. How many times last year did we make the comment that "what would we do without Al" . I would like to see him stick around, he is a good quality player and a terrific guy on a team of young guys
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Al Horford opts out; to become free agent - Page 2 Empty Re: Al Horford opts out; to become free agent

Post by KyleCleric Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:47 pm

If we used Horford and Theis with another big, that would help.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Keep Al at the 4 and put Vuc at the 5 with Aron....
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Vuc has a legit post up game, he could get us open looks in the halfcourt and be a good finisher when others drive, dumping the ball off.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:04 pm

where's the cap space to sign him with Horford here?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Looking like you may get your wish....Bulpett just reporting Horford signing a 4 year contract with another team
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Whoa. That is huge news. Horford and his $30+M are gone. Kyrie and his big money gone. We can afford Vuc and Terry and draft picks. Too bad Al is gone, but that may be a blessing.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:08 pm

worcester wrote:Whoa. That is huge news. Horford and his $30+M are gone. Kyrie and his big money gone. We can afford Vuc and Terry and draft picks. Too bad Al is gone, but that may be a blessing.

Cosign. In Danny I Trust.

Brown, Smart and two picks to Washington for Brad Beal. Then use Horford money to sign Vuc.

Vucevic
Hayward
Tatum
Beal
Rozier

Who knows - but at this point, if you dont want to be here - dont let the door hit you in the ass.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:36 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
worcester wrote:Whoa. That is huge news. Horford and his $30+M are gone. Kyrie and his big money gone. We can afford Vuc and Terry and draft picks. Too bad Al is gone, but that may be a blessing.

Brown, Smart and two picks to Washington for Brad Beal.  Then use Horford money to sign Vuc.

Vucevic
Hayward
Tatum
Beal
Rozier

Who knows - but at this point, if you dont want to be here - dont let the door hit you in the ass.
I’d rather keep Jaylen and MS and the picks....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:40 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:

Brown, Smart and two picks to Washington for Brad Beal.  Then use Horford money to sign Vuc.

Vucevic
Hayward
Tatum
Beal
Rozier

I’d rather keep Jaylen and MS and the picks....

I would like to keep Brown too, but this is a full rebuild if we dont add a big name player or two very soon. Brad Beal is a superstar.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:38 pm

Brown. Smart. And 2 picks for Beal is not addition by subtraction. Wizards would be getting the better end of the deal. How well did the Wiz do this year with Beal? That's basically who we would be without Smart, Brown, and 2 picks, plus I think in the short run Brown alone will be as good as Beal overall. However, his ft% is not nearly is good as Beal's...but his D is better imho.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:01 am

worcester wrote:Brown. Smart. And 2 picks for Beal is not addition by subtraction. Wizards would be getting the better end of the deal. How well did the Wiz do this year with Beal? That's basically who we would be without Smart, Brown, and 2 picks, plus I think in the short run Brown alone will be as good as Beal overall. However, his ft% is not nearly is good as Beal's...but his D is better imho.
Right now Beal is a better scorer, but everyone wants wings with Jaylen’s attributes, he can be the better 2 way player soon, great wings have dominated all of the last Finals for how long now? We need Jaylen to match up with them and having him makes Tatum’s job easier in the long run....IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:32 am

Fans spend countless hours speculating about draft picks and the future promise that they hold - and then along comes the free agency extravaganza - and just like that the basketball world is turned upside down as some elite players switch teams. From rags to riches for some - and for others it's riches to rags.
If both Irving and Horford are gone wiithout benefit of any players in return then I think it's fair to say that the Celts will now be looking to further reduce salary so that they can quickly get into the hunt for a couple of prized free agents. Rebuild number 2 just around the corner.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:04 am

Kawhi?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2