Free agent big men and what I think they will cost

Go down

Free agent big men and what I think they will cost Empty Free agent big men and what I think they will cost

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:30 am

https://hoopshype.com/2019/06/21/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players/

an updated list of Free agents

below I list only the UFA's and I am not litsing possible trades like S. Adams.

If we assume around $22M in cap space  with the team retaining  the rights to one of Morris OR Rozier, Theis ,Wannamker and our first round draft pick holds.
We will also have the MLE worth around $4.7M and the Bi-annual Exception worth around $3.6M to fill out our roster.

IF the Celtics keep Rozier, they need TWO starting big men .

Some options in Free agency :

N. Vucevic (Orl)- The top  FA center along with Horford now. I think Orlando can and will offer more than we can to keep him.

D. Cousins (GS)- GS is limited in what they can pay him this year, as such Cousins will likely sign somewhere else. A short term deal in the $15M or less range is probable.

J. Randle ( NO)- a PF with short arms and not a great fit in Stevens system to me. Should get a deal somewhere in the $12-15M range though.

B. Lopez ( Mil)- Milwaukee is limited in what they can pay him, Will he stay for a below market deal? If not, he fits Stevens system ,even though he is older now. I assume it will take a short term deal in the $15M range to get him to move on.

D. Jordan (NY)- Sill one of the best rebounders in the NBA, but no outside game. Won’t get anywhere near the $22M he just got paid now. Not really a fit here, IMO but could still get $12-15M somewhere.

J. Valanciunas (Mem)- Made $16M this past year and is still young. Might be a fit for the Celtics in the $12-15M range.

T. Young (Ind)- Pacer may want him back, is not a great outside shooter, but brings toughness and soldi over all play as a 6-8 PF. Will likely cots in the $12-15M

A. Aminu (Port)- Long and lean PF who plays top end defense, but doesn’t offer a lot on the offensive side . he Should get a deal in the $8-12M range, IMO.

W. Cauley-Stein (Sac)- He is a RFA right now, but his agent has gone public with trying to get the Kings to not tender him. Celtics should be keeping an eye on things here. He is quick and long and works on defense. He won’t be a stretch 5 though or provide much help on offense. IF he is a UFA he shouldl likely get a deal in the $8-12M range

E. Kanter (Port)- Portland has non bird rights which limits them Like Lopez at Milwaukee. Kanter can score down low and rebound at a high rate, He also can’t shoot outside has has been a defensive liability in the past. $8-12M is not out of the question though for Kanter.

Robin Lopez (Chic)- The lesser of the Lopez brothers is probably an NBA back up only at this point. Can provide defense and rebounding, but not the shooter or scorer his brother is. He may end up taking a short term deal somewhere in the MLE range up to $8M.

T. Gibson (Minn)- Older now and might be looking at playing in MLE type deals, Tough defender and rebounder, who can score some in the low post. Probably fits best on the team looking to add depth on a vet roster at MLE

E. Davis (Bkn)- another older vet now, can back up  either big spot. MLE type deal I think.

K. Faried (Hou)- Played better at Houston after sitting on Denvers bench a couple years. Undersized PF who probably should get a MLE type deal somewhere.

J. McGee (LAL)- Mr Shakin-the-fool! Played well early with Lebron last year on a vet minimum deal. Not a good guy to have on a young team, IMO. Looking at a new deal in the vet minimum up to MLE somewhere, IMO.

Markieff Morris (OKL)- No bird rights at OKL, so I see him moving on. I can see him signing a MLE deal somewhere WITH his brother this season. IF Marcus stays here instead of Rozier, I could see Keiff signing that MLE here.

D. Dedmon (Atl)- not an elite NBA starter, but works on both ends and has developed a 3 point shot in the past two years. He would be on my radar for the Celtics in the range of $8-10M. Atlanta can pay more to keep him.

JaMychal Green (LAC)- fits the roll of a modern NBA PF and is at worst a solid rotational PF. Clippers have his bird rights and will likely keep him depending on other FAs they sign. Probably worth a deal in the $8-10 range at best or MLE

K. Looney (GS)- Hard to see the Warriors letting him go, but if a team is willing to over pay you never know. Got solid minutes as a long/active big for GS last year and best years may be ahead. Tog et GSto pass on him I think a team will have to offer over $10M per year.

M. Scott (Phil)- Scott is an active 6-8 PF who fits the modern NBA, yet is only a back up player. MLE would seem to be his ceiling

J. Dudley (Bkn)- wants to play in Boston badly by all his statements this off-season in praise of the Celtics. Hard working defender, can hit 3’s . Buts he’s old and only 6-7. Frankly IF there is a roster spot, I can’t  see paying him more than the BI-Annual deal. I also won’t be surprised if he IS on our roster.

M. Muscala (LAL)- Stretch 5 who is 6-11 and plays like he’s 6-5. Fits right into Stevens system and is looking at MLE at best for any deal.

A. Tolliver (Minn)- Vet  6-8 PF, who bounces around now. Vet minimum or BAE type contract to me.

J. Noah (Mem)- old and had issues at NY, but played OK as a back up at Memphis this year. I think his playing days are over unless he plays for vet minimum somewhere.

J. Jerebko (GS)- Been there done him at Boston. Not a bad guy for your bench though. No reason for him to leave GS, if he;s just playing for Vet minimum somewhere.

N. Vonleh (NY)- has gotten some local praise a Boston FA target.  Just remember last year was his career year with a BAD Knicks team. He is a 6-9 PF with some length though. But I doubt anyone throws more than the MLE for him.

R. Holmes (Phoe)- We may remember him more as Embiids backup at Philly two years ago. Nice Back up big man for the vet minimum or maybe BAE only, IMO.

The rest below shouldn’t get more than vet minimum to stay in the NBA, IMO.

Amir Johnson
Z. Pachulia
M. Gortat
G. Monroe
S. Mejre
K. O’Quinn
M. Bealsey
T. Chandler
K. Koufos
D. Cunnigham
Q. Acy
H. Ellerson