Prediction: Hayward, Brown, and Tatum SOAR next season

+3
Berlin-T
worcester
kdp59
7 posters

Go down

Prediction: Hayward, Brown, and Tatum SOAR next season Empty Prediction: Hayward, Brown, and Tatum SOAR next season

Post by worcester Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am

I expect all three will be close to All Star status next year, and Gordon's comeback will amaze the NBA. he is in the gym at 6 a.m. every day now. Expect very good things from him.. J&J will really shine. Marcus will be Marcus and an even better shooter. What do we really need to be a force? Bigs.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Prediction: Hayward, Brown, and Tatum SOAR next season Empty Re: Prediction: Hayward, Brown, and Tatum SOAR next season

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:43 am

I’m hopeful for that, too. Definitely good opportunity to rally the team to prove the pundits wrong. With Baynes and Smart playing central roles, this will be a tough team.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Prediction: Hayward, Brown, and Tatum SOAR next season Empty Re: Prediction: Hayward, Brown, and Tatum SOAR next season

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:44 am

Baynes....a central roll......oh my

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am

kdp59 wrote:Baynes....a central roll......oh my

15 min enforcer

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:10 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
kdp59 wrote:Baynes....a central roll......oh my

15 min enforcer

I can agree with that at least...LOL.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:24 pm

Baynes at 15 minutes leaves 33 minutes to fill with a center. C'mon Danny.

How about Derrick Favors?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:42 pm

worcester wrote:I expect all three will be close to All Star status next year, and Gordon's comeback will amaze the NBA. he is in the gym at 6 a.m. every day now. Expect very good things from him..  J&J will really shine. Marcus will be Marcus and an even better shooter. What do we really need to be a force? Bigs.

You might not be wrong here. Last year everyone (including me) was expecting at the start of the season that we were going to the finals. This year, like two years ago, expectations are down. If we get a decent big or two we might again be the surprise of the league.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:03 pm

they say that Hayward is working his ass off daily, has a coach with him almost all summer (Scott Morrison) I truly expect him to shine next year I just wonder how he feels with Kyrie AND Al moving on. I think the Kyrie thing won't phase him, losing Al could be a thorn. Hopefully the players they bring in will be good, solid veterans.

Danny is taking it on the chin today all over tv and radio. Funny how the stones can get thrown when there is no responsibility on them. Felger and Mazz will be having a field day when they come on. That's when I shut it all down
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:09 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:they say that Hayward is working his ass off daily, has a coach with him almost all summer (Scott Morrison)  I truly expect him to shine next year   I just wonder how he feels with Kyrie AND Al moving on.  I think the Kyrie thing won't phase him, losing Al could be a thorn.  Hopefully the players they bring in will be good, solid veterans.

Danny is taking it on the chin today all over tv and radio.  Funny how  the stones can get thrown when there is no responsibility on them. Felger and Mazz will be having a field day when they come on.  That's when I shut it all down
He should be fine. Theis and Baynes are still there. They’ve been close in the past.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:38 pm

I would like to see Hayward play some point guard. I think he would have a little trouble with the quicker guards but who doesn't. He would have the advantage on the offensive end and he can distribute the ball.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Gordon is an excellent ballhandler, granted, his speed is not like the kids on this team, but he distributes the ball and sees the floor very well. I do think you will see him handling the ball more next year. Remember, you will have Marcus who brought the ball up only to give it over to Kyrie. The whole offense will change next year unless Danny trades for a ball dominant point guard.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:35 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:they say that Hayward is working his ass off daily, has a coach with him almost all summer (Scott Morrison)  I truly expect him to shine next year   I just wonder how he feels with Kyrie AND Al moving on.  I think the Kyrie thing won't phase him, losing Al could be a thorn.  Hopefully the players they bring in will be good, solid veterans.

Danny is taking it on the chin today all over tv and radio.  Funny how  the stones can get thrown when there is no responsibility on them. Felger and Mazz will be having a field day when they come on.  That's when I shut it all down
He should be fine. Theis and Baynes are still there. They’ve been close in the past.

Kyle

Danny put too many eggs in the wing position

We cannot predict how well Gordon will play. He fooled me too many times last year but I continued to root for him and will do so again his year. I will be less than understanding if the 2019 edition of Hayward is a carbon copy of the the 2018 version.

Danny's focus now must be on rebuilding his frontline, making FA decisions for several guys most notably Rozier and Morris. I plan to hold my nose when they resign Rozier but I am not enthusiastic at all about Morris despite the fact that he was very solid this year. For the remaining players my biggest concern is how the rotation minutes work out.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:12 pm

Derrick Favors wants out of Utah.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29 pm

I have not heard much about where Morris would end up, I did hear that he and his brother would be a good fit for LAL.

My question is, they are mentioning Al going to LAL, how will they have the money to pay him?? Along with a point guard? NBC.tv, Celtics channel, were talking about Al and why he is really leaving. Is it money? A title? Just wants out? All that is fine, but then they mentioned that there was talk he could end up in Brooklyn. This blows my mind, where are they getting the money
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:56 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Gordon is an excellent ballhandler, granted, his speed is not like the kids on this team, but he distributes the ball and sees the floor very well. I do think you will see him handling the ball more next year. Remember, you will have Marcus who brought the ball up only to give it over to Kyrie. The whole offense will change next year unless Danny trades for a ball dominant point guard.

Rosalie you and I have been big supporters of GH and I will continue to root for him next year.  There may come a time sooner rather than later that his very existence on this team is a losing proposition.  He is eating up a ton of cap space and has already banked over $60 million and the ROI is still in the red.  The horrible game 1 injury  in 2017 can be viewed as a freak accident or it could be viewed as a bad omen

Here me out for a minute.

When Boston signed Gordon Hayward as a free agent in the summer of 2017 it was a curious signing.  We had just traded the #1 pick for the #3 pick Jason Tatum  and the previous year we also drafted a top wing in Jaylen Brown.  So you go into the summer with a veteran wing in Jae Crowder and you use top 3 picks B2B to draft two more wings yet you still feel a need to use the remaining CAP space to sign yet another wing.  GH came in after making his first all star team and had 2 years in a row of high end basketball.  Yet the need for his positional value was questionable.  

There were a lot of things that went wrong this past year but the single biggest issue in my opinion was the difficulty in integrating Gordon Hayward into the rotation.   The Celtics were never really able to do that.  The chemistry issues  were rooted in how rotation minutes were being distributed because you had to get Hayward minutes.   Jaylen Brown went from a starter the year before to a rotation player and had his minutes cut substantially. It also adversely effected Rozier because there were less off the ball minutes for him.  There was a domino effect that had an impact on the chemistry and since GH simply did not play well it fractured the team.  There was a favoritism at play here because of Brad Stevens. Irving did not help the situation when he basically told the young guys to stay in their lanes.

This is not the only reason why we got our heads kicked in against Milwaukee and had an up and down season but it was a big reason.

I have no idea what this team will look like or how they will play.  I strongly believe that Brad Steven's offensive philosophy is flawed.  I believe that you cannot win in this league with tweener front line players.  

Danny Ainge can begin to address the frontcourt issues tomorrow night or he can screw up another year when Boston has multiple bites at the apple.

I do not have a high level of confidence in Danny Ainge when it comes to drafting players that are not in the top 10.

Last edited by dboss on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:01 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I have not heard much about where Morris would end up, I did hear that he and his brother would be a good fit for LAL.  

My question is, they are mentioning Al going to LAL, how will they have the money to pay him??  Along with a point guard?   NBC.tv, Celtics channel, were talking about Al and why he is really leaving. Is it money? A title? Just wants out?  All that is fine, but then they mentioned that there was talk he could end up in Brooklyn.  This blows my mind, where are they getting the money

We do not know for sure what Al wanted and what was offered. We only know he turned it down.

Remember all the talk about a home town discount? Al was a mercenary when he signed in Boston and he is still a mercenary. I am not mad at him and am actually happy he is leaving. The Nets could sign him. The Lakers could not and still fill all the holes in their roster.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down