I'm not making predictions

2 posters

Go down

I'm not making predictions Empty I'm not making predictions

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:59 am

I've tasted crow and I don't care for it. Besides, there are just too damn many variables to control: the state of Bynum's knee, whether the officials blow quick fouls on our bigs, does anybody besides Kobe and maybe Gasol show up, etc.

There is something, though, that I would like to say.

IF (note the caps) the Celtics win tonight, it will not be because they are the better team. It will be because they are the MUCH better team. They are perhaps the best playoff road team I have seen since the Jordanaires. IF they win tonight, it will be because they beat a team that only lost 8 games all year at home (and one of them was without Kobe, so it really doesn't count as representative) twice on their home court AND it would mean that they beat the LA Lakers in 3 consecutive games (games 4, 5 and 6). The Lakers have had only one three game losing streak in 2 years.

I don't care if you are the Lakers, the Heat, the Spurs or the Charlotte Bobcats; if you lose 3 games in a row to the same team, you have been dominated by your opponent.

Jackson is 47-0 when he wins the first game of a series. The Lakers are 2-9 versus the Celtics. The team that wins game 5 has won 19 of the last 25 series.

We are on a collision course with history and it's going to be a header at highway speed.

Go Celtics!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

I'm not making predictions Empty Re: I'm not making predictions

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 am

I'm not hearing anyone in the media or anywhere else so far picking Boston to win tonight. Magic will pick LA, so will Wilbon and maybe JB.

Most of the media start out talking about Game 7 already in their lead-ins to the series...

Therefore it should be pretty obvious. Celtics in 6.

Ask Jack Kent Cooke about taking things as "given".

Bobh, the Celtics are the much better team. They will show that tonight as they have since Game 1.

My wife said when we were down 2-1, Celtics in 6. I'm sticking with her, win or lose, richer or poorer, sickness and in health, Celtics in 6 or Celtics in 6.

This is one last desparate attempt by the media to hang on to their houses they mortgaged to their bookies that LA would win this whole thing easily. We all know what happens when we assume...
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down