ESPN's Predictions for MVP

2 posters

Go down

ESPN's Predictions for MVP Empty ESPN's Predictions for MVP

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 pm

From Chris Forsberg, ESPN. These, for what it's worth, are the opinions of the 100-man/woman panel that also said that the Celts will end up 10 games behind Miami. So, a heaping helping of salt is in order...

Rondo is only one of 5 players that ended up on their ballots, and Rondo came in as a tie with Kobe.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4697115/rondo-and-the-mvp-race

The vote was:

LBJ, 63 votes
Durant, 32 votes
CP3, 3 votes
Kobe, 1 vote
Rondo, 1 vote.

In full disclosure, Forsberg says he voted for LBJ.

Obviously, a big dropoff between LBJ and Durantula and BIG dropoff after that.

Jim Clark (@jimmyclark33) from NBA on ESPN is the one who gave Rondo his vote. He's a Celtic fan. That's ok, I'll take a homie vote. As it is, Rondo came in 8th in MVP votes last season. If he ups his scoring without sacrificing his defense (as in, moves his feet on defense and doesn't just go for the reach around steal attempt) and passing and leads us to a championship, we're talking MVP material.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

ESPN's Predictions for MVP Empty Re: ESPN's Predictions for MVP

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:36 pm

When watching the olympics, with a bit of time since the ECF and with a air of levity - I was able to really appreciate Lebron as a basketball player.

He clearly is the best all around player in the world and potentially the best athlete. He should win 5 more MVPs at least. But in the end, I dont care,

Until he learns to elevate those around him on a consistent basis - he will not be a winner on the level of MJ, Kobe or even Bird and Magic.....and no where close to Russell.

Basically what I am saying is MVP means nothing to me...Lebron can have it.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down