Kendrick Perkins suggests Celtics should target these two centers

+5
wideclyde
cowens/oldschool
gyso
dboss
9 posters

Go down

Kendrick Perkins suggests Celtics should target these two centers  Empty Kendrick Perkins suggests Celtics should target these two centers

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:35 pm

Kendrick Perkins suggests Celtics should target these two centers

NBC SPORTS BOSTON By Nick Goss June 28, 2019 9:01 AM

Kendrick Perkins knows the Boston Celtics need a center, and he's offered up two names for the team to consider pursuing via trade or the free-agent market before next season.

The former Celtics center, who on Thursday gave his approval of the Celtics' reported interest in Charlotte Hornets star Kemba Walker, tweeted his center suggestions at the team Thursday night:

DeMarcus Cousins averaged 16.3 points and 8.2 rebounds in 30 regular season games for the Golden State Warriors this season. He returned in January after missing nearly a year with a torn Achilles injury -- arguably the worst setback for a big man. Cousins played well for the Warriors, but he is no longer the superstar talent he showed with the Sacramento Kings (and briefly for the New Orleans Pelicans). However, he's still a capable scorer, a good rebounder and stretches the floor as a decent 3-point shooter.

From a talent perspective, Cousins would fit in Boston. He'd also be highly motivated to play well and potentially earn a huge contract next summer. The concerns with signing Cousins are his character and personality. The Celtics just went through a 2018-19 campaign that didn't exactly feature the best team chemistry, so signing the 28-year-old probably isn't worth the risk.

Adams is an intriguing option for Boston. He's not a threat to shoot from the outside, but he'll provide close to a double-double in points and rebounds on a nightly basis. Adams also is durable, averaging 79 games played over the last four seasons. The problem with acquiring Adams is his contract. He's owed more than $52 million over the next two seasons, per Spotrac. The Celtics could have about $34 million in salary cap space in free agency, and just about all of that room would be gone if they signed Walker to a max contract. Adams is a solid player, but he's not worth $25-plus million when there are cheaper alternatives at center for the C's to consider.

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Perkins suggests Celtics should target these two centers  Empty Re: Kendrick Perkins suggests Celtics should target these two centers

Post by dboss Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:36 pm

Do not like either of them.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Perkins suggests Celtics should target these two centers  Empty Re: Kendrick Perkins suggests Celtics should target these two centers

Post by gyso Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:01 am

dboss wrote:Do not like either of them.

I agree. I don't like Cousins because of his 'tude and I don't like Adams because of the cost.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:58 am

Norlens Noel, affordable can do a lot of the things Capella does. He and Robert Williams would be 2 defensive forces at the 5.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:16 pm

gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:Do not like either of them.

I agree.  I don't like Cousins because of his 'tude and I don't like Adams because of the cost.
gyso

exact same reasons
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:41 pm

gyso & dboss,

Agree 100% with on not liking either Adams or Cousins for next year's Celtics. Cousins has also become kind of injury prone while Adams' contract numbers could be better spent on several guys who also might be younger.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:10 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Norlens Noel, affordable can do a lot of the things Capella does. He and Robert Williams would be 2 defensive forces at the 5.

I don't understand why this isn't the obvious play. Dude didn't even make 2 million last season, and I've always thought his upside was tremendous.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:45 am

Unless Danny has options we are all not considering, we are in for a long season without a power forward and center.   I like Kantos as a backup center but not your main guy.

Favors got traded last night, Noel, Adams, Boogie?  The cap gods are not smiling on us this year.

I do not see a way out this year unless through a trade for one of our top guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:49 am

Noel could maybe be had for the bi-annual (if we still have it) at $3M plus.

leaving the MLE for Kanter or WCS.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:58 am

Just a suggestion. Check out the Showtime Documentary on Cousins. This dealt with his earlier injuries prior to GS. I know it's made for TV, but that made me rethink his attitude being the problem. I'd be more concerned with his injury history now that that list is getting rather lengthy. For some reason Shaq keeps popping into my head. No opinion on Adams for now.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:28 am

I love centers who can rebound. If you cannot rebound I do not like you.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:30 pm

If a center can’t board and lay a body on someone in the paint, he’s useless.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:29 pm

dboss wrote:I love centers who can rebound.  If you cannot rebound I do not like you.

I can't rebound and I thought you liked me.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:00 pm

steve3344 wrote:
dboss wrote:I love centers who can rebound.  If you cannot rebound I do not like you.

ha!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 pm

steve3344 wrote:

We were talking about centers....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:12 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

I'm a center of attention.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:23 pm

steve3344 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

That’s true and a great writer and great guy

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:24 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

That’s true and a great writer and great guy

Now you're just kissing up.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down