Sources: Irving, Nets moving toward 4-year deal

+2
Shamrock1000
dboss
6 posters

Go down

Sources: Irving, Nets moving toward 4-year deal Empty Sources: Irving, Nets moving toward 4-year deal

Post by dboss Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:31 pm

as  expected

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27084045/irving-nets-moving-4-year-deal
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Sources: Irving, Nets moving toward 4-year deal Empty Re: Sources: Irving, Nets moving toward 4-year deal

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Nets bringing in KI to lead a promising young team and help them reach their potential? What could possibly go wrong???

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Sources: Irving, Nets moving toward 4-year deal Empty Re: Sources: Irving, Nets moving toward 4-year deal

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:59 pm

Good one, Shamrock. I would trust my young core to Kyrie about as much as putting Jason Pierre Paul in charge of the fireworks display.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:03 am

I feel sorry for the Nets.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:47 am

Berlin-T wrote:I feel sorry for the Nets.

Berlin-T

Berlin,

Don't feel sorry for the Nets if Kyrie can convince Durant to join him.

If that happens we might have to re-examine the Pierce/KG deal in a new light.  The Nets rolled the dice for a short-term championship window while Danny pushed all his chips into the middle on a rebuild based upon Net draft picks.  We have rebuilt using those picks and they will have rebuilt without them.  This could be a referendum on Danny's strategy and drafting.  The Proof is in the Pudding.  Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum need to step up this year to validate Danny.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:07 am

bobheckler wrote:

Berlin-T

Berlin,

If that happens we might have to re-examine the Pierce/KG deal in a new light.  The Nets rolled the dice for a short-term championship window while Danny pushed all his chips into the middle on a rebuild based upon Net draft picks.  We have rebuilt using those picks and they will have rebuilt without them.  This could be a referendum on Danny's strategy and drafting.  The Proof is in the Pudding.  Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum need to step up this year to validate Danny.

bob

Even if the Nets do sign Durant, they would be locking up max money on a player who won't play next year, and will be 32 coming back from an injury that almost no player fully returns from (Dominique Wilkins is the only one I can think of). We have been to 2 conference finals, and had decent playoff runs the years before and after. Also, JT, JB, Gordon, even Kemba could be rolled into a trade sometime down the road. Might be premature to annoint the Nets the winners in a rebuild competition.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:24 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Berlin-T

Berlin,

bob

I still feel sorry for the Nets.

When Danny traded for him I tried to warn people that there were negative reports coming out of Cleveland that Kyrie's relationship with his teammates was so bad that he wasn't even talking to them.

I was pooh-poohed by most on this board who were caught up in the euphoria of getting a player of Irving's talent. What say ye now?

Until Kyrie has a road to Damascus conversion I feel for the Nets and for that matter any other team that he plays for, Durant or no Durant.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Listen, with the attitude he had here in Boston toward the end it is better to a watch him walk away. He did not even have the decency to talk to Wyc or Danny, let alone Brad. Someone like that will be running the rest of his career. Never mind the blame game, he started it all. Those kids screw around this year and they will be gone be February. A lot of lessons learned this past year, let’s see if they were good students
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down