MDCelticsFan
jeb
bobc33
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Glass Half Full or Half Empty Empty The Glass Half Full or Half Empty

Post by 112288 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 pm

I look at this loss as a glass "Half Full'. Hey they got their bad game behind them but if Perkins is out Doc has to call all hands on deck! Game 7 is anyone's game. Don't forget, there is pressure on those bum's also. I would try to finish strong and counter with some hard foul basketball and perhaps put one of their starters in the locker room as well!

Had great time and saw 2 great games while in Boston, I hope "Lucky the Leprechaun" & "Red" can teamup for a 7th game win. God I cannot stand waiting 2 more days!!!!!!

Go Celtics!!!!

Back to top Go down

The Glass Half Full or Half Empty Empty Re: The Glass Half Full or Half Empty

Post by bobc33 Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:09 am

112288 wrote:I look at this loss as a glass "Half Full'. Hey they got their bad game behind them but if Perkins is out Doc has to call all hands on deck! Game 7 is anyone's game. Don't forget, there is pressure on those bum's also. I would try to finish strong and counter with some hard foul basketball and perhaps put one of their starters in the locker room as well!

Had great time and saw 2 great games while in Boston, I hope "Lucky the Leprechaun" & "Red" can teamup for a 7th game win. God I cannot stand waiting 2 more days!!!!!!

Go Celtics!!!!

I'm going half full, they got there empty game out of their way tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:53 am

half full...all the bad juju out of way now we march.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:24 am

To me, the glass looks half empty. With Perkins injured now, and Bryant is smelling the finish line, it appears there is no gas left in the tank. That's not their (C's) fault. The Celts gave this a run much along the lines the '87 team did in losing to the Lakers in The Finals. Celtics may not wind up with more points than LA tomorrow night, but I applaud the effort this team has shown. Look for guns blazin' tomorrow night. Like Tony said in "Scarface", "Say Hello to my little friend." Getting though Wade, James & Howard has taken a ton of energy out of this team. The Lakers had a far easier road so they have more gas left (not from burritos) in the tank. It will take divine intervention to sway the outcome. At TD Garden, maybe we'd have a leprechan on the rim at a critical juncture. In LA LA land, I doubt it.-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:51 am

It's always interesting to see how individuals position themselves at a time when a leap of faith (or absence of it) differentiates the true fan from the frontrunning equivocator (at least in my opinion). There are all sorts of available positives and all sorts of available negatives out there. Frankly, I'd rather shoot myself than to waste three seconds posting reasons why my team might lose. Although it's always a terrible thing when one of our players gets hurt, I've already figured out a potential silver lining that could materialize with Perk out of the lineup. Rather than sitting around moaning, "Golly gee, we might lose," I'd much rather sit around asking myself, "What's the best course to a win?"

This is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of their team. Anyone can try to cover his ass with an equivocating caveat like the lame, "I hope they win, but I must be realistic at all times, and I just have a bad feeling about this one." Screw the bad feeling! I wouldn't stoop to take the time to recognize such a feeling within myself. If such a feeling ever came over me (and it hasn't in a championship game during all these years) I'd do a self-exorcism in the privacy of my own bathroom.

I'm not predicting anything, as is my habit. But I'm certainly not sitting around allowing negative thoughts to enter my head about the next game. If they win, I want to be able to feel that I never once wavered. If they lose, I want to be able to feel that, although I went down with them, I never once wavered. I never want to finish a season feeling I did anything less than my absolute best in rooting my team home.

That's just me. Everyone else on this forum is obviously entitled to identify his/her own path to dealing with the finals. To each his own.

Go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Then there's the more literal and less subjective view which suggests that half is half and all halves are equal.

Focus on the problems and their solutions and the glass will become more full and not 50-50.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Thursday night I'll be ending dinner at a nice restaurant I've been looking forward to by 8:30 because I'm looking forward to the game more.

Win or lose, Friday morning and again on Monday I'll be wearing my new Celtics cufflinks my wife got me for my birthday.

Another present she got for me are some of the Hoyo de Monterrey's that Red used to favor. Those babies will be enjoyed with friends and a nice single malt or two this weekend, while discussing a season in which the Celtics went to the finals again.

My favorite team to follow in any sport is playing for the championship Thursday night; how can the glass be anything but full?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Did I say Celtics in 6 yesterday? I'm sorry, I meant 7!!

Celtics had a foul to give and through no fault of their own used it. LA won Game 6. ORL and CLE also blew us out but they are watching the finals as well. As much as defense helps win championships, the final score will be all about offense. If Perk is out, we will miss him, but for Game 7 I'd much rather see the Bull in the China Shop BBGD and have Rasheed prove once and for all for all the world to see as to why we brought him here.

Couldn't have been scripted better in my humble but accurate opinion. The media sees this as one more chance for LA to win it all. They will be sorely disappointed come Thursday. We all know better.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby aka voiceofreason Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first contribution to the board. Many of you may recognize my moniker "voiceofreason" from the old bos.com board. Glad I found you and thanks to Sam for the invite.
I am a glass is half full kinda guy when it comes to sports! Always optimistic that we have a chance and in this game we certainly do. We all would have to agree we didnt see this coming a few months ago and here we sit waiting for a game 7 vs the Lakers. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Yes Perk is probably out but there is a good chance Bynum is also or will play limited minutes. The C's won the 2nd game the first time out west and I am hopeful they will do the same again.
How about a Rondo triple double and the big 3 all playing there best. If that happens we win, period. Either way it has been a great ride, and an an unexpected one as well.

Toby aka voiceofreason

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:02 pm

VOR,

Welcome to the board!

I hope we hear from you often.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi,
I don't want to predict the outcome of the game 7. Ass I said before, Celtics have to suck it up and go "all in". They won't have one of their main defensive forts: I'm so sorry for Perk. But the big 4 have to put their collective hearts into the game. I hope everybody contributes a little bit more than their best to compensate Perk. I hope his crutches will be an additional motivation.
RA is due to start hitting 3's again. KG and RR have to step up. Hopefully, the refs will return to the way of the first 2 games of evenly spreading mistakes and KG and PP will go to the line. The Celtics bench is due to show that they are better than LA.
As for the glass half full or empty, I prefer to fill it to the brim and drink to see its bottom.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Glad to see you made it, Toby. If we ever needed reinforcements, now is the time. I hope you'll enjoy this forum.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Here I go, the ultimate believer! I truly believe in this team, and what they can accomplish. What is it that they chant before games? Ubuntu? I am what I am because of who we ALL are. Now is the time for this statement to come true.
It is not one man or three, it is the entire team who has to step forward. Losing Perk is a blow, but look at the games in the past couple of months when Perk has had to sit on the bench in foul trouble and the team on the floor took over and won the games. Every single guy on this team must finally come alive and prove to the world that they are worthy of being World Champions.

You know, the Lakers had the best encouragement they could have ever wanted. On Tuesday night, the NBA practiced giving the trophy to the Boston Celtics twice at the Staple Center. How would you feel if it was Boston and they were practicing giving it to the Lakers. What better motivation than to say, oh no, not tonight, not on my court. I don't blame them a bit.

Well, I am done with my preaching, I will just say that at around 12:00 AM
tomorrow night, I hope to be on here celebrating a hard earned victory.
Who is it that said the outcome would come down to the last second and the ball would be in Brian Scalabrine's hands and he would hit a three????
Watch out what you wish for, it just might come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Rosalie,

I, for one, said that in jest. If that happened, I would almost have to quit being a Celtics fan because I would then have experienced all the best that one basketball team can offer.

Naaaaah! No such thing as quitting as a Celtics fan. But I'd sure have a great off-season!

Back to earth now. Focus, focus intently on winning this game!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:28 pm

I believe in Karma sooooooooooo........................................

LET'S STOP THE NEGATIVES FOR JUST ONE GAME AND BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY WE GOT "RED" UP THERE READY TO LIGHT ANOTHER ONE UP,
WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CELTICS...GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:34 pm

112288 wrote:I believe in Karma sooooooooooo........................................

LET'S STOP THE NEGATIVES FOR JUST ONE GAME AND BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY WE GOT "RED" UP THERE READY TO LIGHT ANOTHER ONE UP,
WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CELTICS...GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got it! Time to add another great chapter to Celtic history.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:25 am

My glass is neither half full or half empty, it runnith over.

The Celtics are relevant again after 20 years in the wastelands.

The Celtics are playing the 7th game in the NBA Finals.

The Celtics have the tools to get Banner 18.

The Celtics have proven that they can beat teams that focus on the individual.

However it ends up, I will be proud of this TEAM, because that is what they are, a TEAM.

All that is left is...

Go Celtics!!! Beat LA!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:17 am

I think I am gonna swing by the government alcohol store later and make sure my glass during the game will be all full with some Samuel Adams.

Go Celtics!
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:44 am

This Celtics team all season and throughout the playoffs have been consistent in each given situation. They have been fighters. True Celtics in the historical sense we all know.

When you lose a lot of players due to injuries, don't expect a lot of victories. When you play the same starting five together for long strings of time and your bench is healthy, expect consistency and synergy.

There are some constants that have never changed. Blowing the ocassional big lead. Getting blown out at home or on the road from the start. Certain players rising to the ocassion the right time. All TEAM all the time.

I think Ray said it best about Game 7. It is a battle of wills. Everybody knows everything about everybody. Someone is going to crack somewhere in the game. Teams don't crack. If I were a gambling man, given all the players and personalities on LA, I'm guessing LA cracks first. They just don't have enough TEAM to keep it together when things get tough. And that's what we will see unfold before our eyes tonight.

The Celtics have kept their eye on the prize consistently since training camp. They will earn and take what is rightfully theirs tonight.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:30 am

To dbrown4: Only person that had that much Hope was Dolores, and she was married to BOB!-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:50 am

Tonight's game is about just a few things.

1) Rondo - Play the game you love and know you can play. Set our guys up and absolutely leave Kobe in the dust. You are the best at it. Tonight will add one more notch to your already incredible career. Win or lose, you are a Celtic for the next 5 years. We love you, but just like my wife and I kid in similar situations, we will love you even more if you win tonight.

2) Rasheed - Although he has already paid off to date for me personally more than his contract value, tonight we will see why management and the Big 3 did what they did to bring him here. He will space the floor and absoluetely frustrate the crap out of bozo the euro clown.

3) GBBD - this guy is like Rudy. He's been waiting his whole life for this moment. He is ready. I can't wait to see how he lights it up.

4) Big 3 - Just play your game. Keep in mind the short Finals leash you may be on, however, I think this team has one more great run in them after this before dismantling. Play the game, Harding.

5) Team v. KoMe - GD it, I hope we settle this issue once and for all tonight. I'm sick of it. I'm sick that we've had to go to 7 games to prove it. But that's just this year's Celtics team. They're certainly not perfect. But they've kept us in the game all this time.

6) Doc - What more can be said about this great coach. He has out-coached Phil at every turn. Tonight will be no different.

I'm proud to be a Celtic fan and have thoroughly enjoyed this site and will continue to going forward. You guys and gal have made this unbelieveable. Through all of you, your inspired writing and myself, you have created one of the greatest up and coming Celtics fans of all time, my 5 year old Evan. He is a monster Celtic fan!! It's to the point my wife and I are laughing in amazement. Stunned!! I am disappointed that I have been a fair weather fan. Coming into existence at the end of the Hondo/Cowens era through Larry Bird and then falling off after the late 80's. But because of you and this site, that will not happen again.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:54 am

True story. Yesterday, my wife and I were driving around. Although she tolerates my Celtics fetish and immensely enjoys meeting people from the board, she doesn't really know much about the Celtics and wouldn't be caught dead watching a game when there's a good book available as an alternative.

Among her many pastimes is the fact that she has always likes to look at clouds and make known shapes out of them—usually an animal or sea creature of some type. Which is fine with me, as long as I'm the one who's driving.

This time, she said, "Look at that cool cloud. It looks like a perfect cigar ring."

To which I could only answer, "I suspect that's exactly what it is, honey."

Go Celtics!
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:08 am

112288, I really like that one. And if the Celtics pull this off, I'm going to like it even more!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:09 am

Sorry, I meant Sam. Didn't see your Avatar!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 am

Well

Glasses and clouds aside. there are 28 other teams that would love to be where we are right now.
We are where we are because we deserve to be here, not Superman. not Bron, not Wade. The Celts have nearly climbed to the peak. Now the past means nothing. 48 minutes of wills is what is ahead. Can we win? Sure why not! I like our willpower just a tab bit more than theirs.

Unfortunately will be driving back from another pair of baseball games about 2 hours away from home, so thank goodness for cell phones and the internet! (man what I wouldn't give for WBZ radio 103 and Johnny one more time!)

beat

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next