dboss
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
KyleCleric
bobheckler
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tacko Fall sizing up his opportunity with the Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Tacko Fall sizing up his opportunity with the Celtics

Post by gyso Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:56 pm

NYCelt wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Waters and Strus have signed 2-way contacts

Forgot about that.
Either could be converted to regular contracts or signed to regular contracts just as Fall can be converted to a 2way or signed to regular contract

Perhaps. But I can't see them wanting to commit anything much to Fall. Might be worth doing nothing. If there are no other takers, maybe he could end up in Maine.

Don't you think that another small market team will take a flyer on Fall just for the interest factor? In the long run, it would pay itself back because it may create interest in such a huge guy.

Back to top Go down

Tacko Fall sizing up his opportunity with the Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Tacko Fall sizing up his opportunity with the Celtics

Post by worcester Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Fall will be snatched up quicker than beer at a barbeque. Danny, pull that trigger or regret it for years.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:38 pm

gyso wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Waters and Strus have signed 2-way contacts

Forgot about that.
Either could be converted to regular contracts or signed to regular contracts just as Fall can be converted to a 2way or signed to regular contract

Perhaps. But I can't see them wanting to commit anything much to Fall. Might be worth doing nothing. If there are no other takers, maybe he could end up in Maine.

Don't you think that another small market team will take a flyer on Fall just for the interest factor?  In the long run, it would pay itself back because it may create interest in such a huge guy.

gyso,

Possibly; I suppose it could happen. Just my opinion, though, I'm not worried about it.

I just don't think Tacko has enough value to sweat it.

As Don Corleone said, "it's not personal, it's just business."

Regards,

Don Vito
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 am

worcester,

100% right.

He may be a gem or he may not pan out, but missing out on a potential gem for the cost of only a 15th spot on a roster for a year could be one terrible mistake.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Chris Forsberg

Verified account

@ChrisForsberg_
Follow Follow @ChrisForsberg_
More
Danny Ainge on Tacko Fall: "We want to take his development very very seriously. He’s a high priority for us to try to really develop into a player.”

11:29 AM - 17 Jul 2019

Tacko Fall sizing up his opportunity with the Celtics - Page 2 D_spYGCWwAAL3_d

bob
MY NOTE:  Doesn't sound to me like they are going to sign him to an NBA contract based upon Danny's wording.  Sounds like he's patronizing him and not talking him up.  "He's a good kid, I'd like to see him do well" isn't "he's a talent with a great future".  Two-Way?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Bob, what about "we want to take his development very very seriously. He's a high priority for us to really develop into a player." makes you think Danny is not intent on keeping Tacko around for a long time?

Very very seriously and high priority sound like words of commitment and intent. Danny sees what most f us see. Tacko will be a Celt. Count on it. Bigger upside than for most other end of the bench players with little risk.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:39 pm

worcester wrote:Bob, what about "we want to take his development very very seriously. He's a high priority for us to really develop into a player." makes you think Danny is not intent on keeping Tacko around for a long time?

Very very seriously and high priority sound like words of commitment and intent. Danny sees what most f us see. Tacko will be a Celt. Count on it. Bigger upside than for most other end of the bench players with little risk.

That's how I see it as well.  I keep reading about how much he has improved since his last season in college.  He may not "get it" this season or next, but maybe he will before he would become a free agent later on down the line.

Low money / high reward potential.  A two-way contract can be for one or two years, no more.  That could allow some other team to swoop in and out bid us for him because we may not have cap space in a couple years.  That just doesn't work for me.  It has to be a real NBA contract in order to reap the rewards he may offer in the 3rd or 4th year.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm with you Gyso, and I am willing to chip in all of Bob's IRA plan money to sign Tacko long term.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:36 pm

Worcester and GYSO,

I felt that way because it sounded like a lot of fluff. Not "we're talking to his agent now" or "we're discussing terms and trying to come to a mutually satisfying agreement" or even "we're still looking at making roster adjustments and then we'll see". It was "taking his development seriously". That's G-League talk, not NBA roster talk, and players can be poached from G-League. If he's a two-way, then no, but G-League yes.

I may be wrong. Trying to read Danny's mind is closer to conjuring than psychology.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:09 pm

Well, signed to a contract does allow Tacko to play both G league and in the NBA at Brad's will, but it does sound like Danny envisions a stint in G league for him.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 am

For those Tacko fans, Ainge was quoted as saying he thinks Tacko will have a chance at making the roster. he added "We'll see." So that sounds like he is open to the possibility. Ainge posted something similar on Twitter, I believe.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:46 am

My mom used to say "We'll see" when we would ask her for something she did not want to do right away. That always meant a postponement of our desires.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:44 am

7/18/19:

Chris Forsberg: Danny Ainge on @Toucherandrich on Tacko Fall: “We’re trying to still get a contract done with Tacko. We haven’t signed him yet. I really can’t say much more about Tacko than we’re just trying to get him in the fold. … Hopefully we can get that done but we’ll see.” 46 mins ago – via Twitter ChrisForsberg_

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Bob, how difficult is this to get done? Danny had me until the last sentence.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:28 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Bob, how difficult is this to get done?  Danny had me until the last sentence.

db

db,

Absolutely. That's why I threw cold water on this earlier. He's word-dancing.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:29 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Bob, how difficult is this to get done?  Danny had me until the last sentence.

db

Well depends on how fast the elevator taking the contract from Danny's hands to Falls and then back down moves.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:33 pm

"we'll see'...in mom speak that means no trip to Friendly's Ice Cream tonight...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 pm

That's what I was thinking, Worcester!! Not sure DA's heart is in this except for the laughs Tacko seems to provide him with!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Tacko is playing hardball. Too bad.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Danny is one shrewd negotiator. His ambivalence is a signal to Tacko not to ask for too much. One helluva poker player Danny.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:21 am

Here is a pretty interesting article about whether or not Tacko will be an NBA player.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/07/19/boston-celtics-tacko-fall-summer-league-analysis/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:43 am

worcester wrote:"we'll see'...in mom speak that means no trip to Friendly's Ice Cream tonight...
Worcester I just got back from Boston.  Went out to the Wrentham Outlet with intentions to go to Friendly's and the store was gone to my dismay.  So instead went over to Ruby Tuesday which serves 25 ounce beers.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:14 am

That's a flagon's worth of brew!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2