Why Tacko Fall will likely be with the Celtics for just one day at a time

3 posters

Go down

Why Tacko Fall will likely be with the Celtics for just one day at a time Empty Why Tacko Fall will likely be with the Celtics for just one day at a time

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:12 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-tacko-fall-likely-celtics-015905251.html

Why Tacko Fall will likely be with the Celtics for just one day at a time

Jacob Camenker, NBC Sports Boston

12 hours ago

Tacko Fall is once again back with the Maine Red Claws after another brief stint with the Boston Celtics. And by all indications, this will be common for the rest of the season.

Celtics coach Brad Stevens recently spoke about what the plan would be regarding Fall for the rest of this season. But his major point was that Fall would mostly be up with the C's for one day at a time.

"I mean we've played multiple games now down two bigs, and that's only five games in," Stevens said per Tom Westerholm of MassLive.com. "So now we're going to have him come up for one day (at a time) a lot I think, rather than a week at a time or two weeks at a time."

This does make sense, as the Celtics likely want to budget their time with Fall in case they suffer any longer-term issues at center. This may seem counterintuitive given that the Celtics have been thin at the center position as Stevens noted, but there is a reason for this.

Fall is on a two-way contract with the Celtics. And two-way players have a limit on their contracts that restricts them to play at the NBA level for just 45 days in a season. So, while using Fall amid injuries to Enes Kanter, Robert Williams, and Daniel Theis (who has since returned to the lineup) would make sense, the team doesn't want to use up all of Fall's availability so early in the season.

As a result, expect to see Fall up-and-down throughout much of the 2019-20 NBA campaign.

Fall has played in just one game for the C's so far and totaled four points and three rebounds in limited action. That said, his numbers per 36 minutes are ridiculous and any time the 7-foot-7 center checks into a game this season, he'll surely excite the crowd as he did at Madison Square Garden.

bob
MY NOTE:  Pretty self-evident article, I just post'em, I don't write'em.  He'll be up-and-down from Maine because he's on a two-way contract and there's a limit to how many days he can be with the club.  He now has 44 left, and there are 77 games to go (two-way players are not playoff-eligible).  That means that he can only be called up, approximately, every other game.  If one of our bigs go down for an extended period of time due to a more serious injury, and injury that keeps them out for weeks if not months, then having all those available days left for Tacko could come in real handy.  Furthermore, he needs a lot of work.  He needs to play a lot of minutes, he needs a lot of hands-on coaching help and he isn't going to get it in Boston but will get it in Maine.

I think this article was just written for the towel-waving Tacko-maniacs, not for people who actually understand basketball and two-way contracts.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Why Tacko Fall will likely be with the Celtics for just one day at a time Empty Re: Why Tacko Fall will likely be with the Celtics for just one day at a time

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:55 pm

I'm pretty sure they're only going to have him join the team on Tuesdays
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Why Tacko Fall will likely be with the Celtics for just one day at a time Empty Re: Why Tacko Fall will likely be with the Celtics for just one day at a time

Post by gyso Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:09 pm

NYCelt wrote:I'm pretty sure they're only going to have him join the team on Tuesdays

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down