kdp59
swish
worcester
cowens/oldschool
wideclyde
international
10 posters

Go down

Enes Kanter against Joel Embiid. Empty Enes Kanter against Joel Embiid.

Post by international Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSuBiMflaDE

international

Back to top Go down

Enes Kanter against Joel Embiid. Empty Re: Enes Kanter against Joel Embiid.

Post by wideclyde Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:24 am

As with most other NBA centers, Kanter will have to have one of his better games to neutralize Embiid in any game against the Cs. Embiid, on most nights, will be the better player, and Kanter will need lots of help..

Kanter should at least score enough to make his performances against Embiid respectable, but if he does not score in the games against Philly the center matchup will easily favor the 'ers.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:49 am

Kantor obviously is a very strong force scoring close to the basket, he can teach a lot of offensive moves to Robert Williams. His defense doesn’t look so bad, it’s not like he’s KO or Sully. Great move getting him for so cheap.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:10 am

Imagine. The Celtics center getting rebounds.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:51 am

I want a few months to see how this all plays out. He's coming off of 3 good years with 3 different teams - ave of 9.2 rebs per game and average EFG of .575 - well paid 3 year average of about 18.7 mil. Now it will be the Celts as the 4th team in 4 years and for only 5 mil per year! - and still young - I don't get it.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Swish,

I think Kanter was simply way over paid on his last contract. one of the reasons he kept getting moved from team to team.

his current deal (really a one year deal) is below his real value in my opinion. He'll likely opt out next year ans see if he can get a market deal , if this season works out well for him.

His defensive issues and limited mobility are well known and will always limit his value in today's game...IMO.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:08 pm

I think one reason they got him for short dollars is because he skills fit a need for Boston while other teams are looking for stretch 5's and he gets to start.  His player option going into a weak FA market may enhance his earning potential.  

People may forget that he was the 3rd pick in the NBA draft.

Three things should improve for Boston.  Rebounding, scoring in the paint and more fast break opportunities.

There were other centers out there that I liked better but for $5 million he was the best value and a tremendous pickup by Ainge.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:18 pm

It may turn out to be the deal of the year for the Celts but I can't help wondering if there are other out of view issues involved here.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:09 pm

swish wrote:It may turn out to be the deal of the year for the Celts but I can't help wondering if there are other out of view  issues involved here.

swish
           Well, the Turks want  to kill him. That could be  an issue.Yes, I know that is no laughing matter. The  playoffs were an exemplar of Kanter's positives and negatives. He will be in and out according to matchups. He barely played against GS after playing very well in the previous series.I think he was the best we could get  for the bucks we had to offer.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:16 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:
swish wrote:It may turn out to be the deal of the year for the Celts but I can't help wondering if there are other out of view  issues involved here.

swish
           Well, the Turks want  to kill him. That could be  an issue.Yes, I know that is no laughing matter. The  playoffs were an exemplar of Kanter's positives and negatives. He will be in and out according to matchups. He barely played against GS after playing very well in the previous series.I think he was the best we could get  for the bucks we had to offer.
GS will not be in Finals this coming season. Kantor can board and score in the blocks much better than Al, I look forward to see how this team looks in the halfcourt with a legit post player/big. It would be great to see us big in the paint and cleaning up the boards by committee. Al was good, but he was soft, his best rebounding days were over.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:11 pm

GS doesn't have to be in the finals to expose Kanter's D. I agree that he is a good pickup, but he's not, in my opinion, a guy that is going to play fulltime. Matchups will dictate his playing time, as they did in the playoffs. I seriously doubt that we will be in the finals either, but one can always hope.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:20 am

jrleftfoot wrote:

swish

He was playing with a separated shoulder against GS.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:39 am

He hurt his shoulder against Denver and had a cortisone shot..I must have read a dozen articles about the GS series .They all blamed his pick and roll defense for his benching. Nobody, including the coaches mentioned his shoulder injury.
Kanter dislocated his shoulder against Phoenix on March 28 and  played a bunch of games after that. He reinjured it against Denver and had a cortisone shot. It wasn't dislocated against GS. I read numerous stories about that series , and everyone , including the coaches , blamed his  benching on his inability to defend the p&r. Nobody mentioned his shoulder. He has been notorious throughot his career for poor pic and roll defense. I hope it improves, but it explains his pripatetic career.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:16 am

Peripatetic, from the Greek, peri, around, and pateto, I walk.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:21 am

I come here, I read stuff, I learn.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:33 pm

I think foot is correct in his view about Kanter.  He is no full time player and he does struggle to defend the P & R.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:44 pm

So what do you think Boston will do about defending the pick and role when Kanter is in the game?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:58 pm

I'm blaming my phone for the misspelling Worcester, and thinking about dboss''s question. The way I spelled peripatetic sounds kinda dirty.I won't get more graphic out of respect for Rosalie. I can't come up with an answer, boss. That big man coach seems more appealing all the time.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:05 pm

I read you loud and clear Jr.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down