wide clyde
Sam
BaronV
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
steve3344
10 posters

Go down

Joel Embiid "likely" out another year Empty Joel Embiid "likely" out another year

Post by steve3344 Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:28 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/11/8933635/joel-embiid-injury-philadelphia-76ers-foot-surgery

He should be a fan of one of the greatest albums of all time: "Feats Don't Fail Me Now"

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Joel Embiid "likely" out another year Empty Re: Joel Embiid "likely" out another year

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Embiid is "out-Bynaming" Bynum.

Boy, am I glad Danny didn't listen to me last year and move up to take him.

Meanwhile, Sam Hinkie has visions of another year of sub-NBA play and lottery balls dancing in his head as he grins like the Cheshire Cat. I wonder much longer it will be before Sixer fans come for him with pitchforks and torches.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Joel Embiid "likely" out another year Empty Re: Joel Embiid "likely" out another year

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:44 pm

WOW another year? whats gonna happen when all the brutes stick their elbow in his lower back?

Not good

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:46 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:WOW another year? whats gonna happen when all the brutes stick their elbow in his lower back?

Not good

It will be happening when he's walking down the street because it's possible he may never be on a professional basketball court again.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronV Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:30 pm

But... tanking. He was a top pick. He has to be awesome. Some talking head on TV said so. The Sixers will win 592 consecutive championships. Hinkie is a genius.

-V

BaronV

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:45 pm

BaronV wrote:But... tanking.  He was a top pick.  He has to be awesome.  Some talking head on TV said so. The Sixers will win 592 consecutive championships.  Hinkie is a genius.  

-V

Baron,

+1. And you get the ball out of bounds. Excellent.

But we were talking about how bad Danny is at drafting.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Can you spell O-d-e-n?  Crap shoot,  crap shoot, crap shoot.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Sarcasm aside, will the uncertainty of Embiid's future have a negative influence on the Celtics' ability to pry Noel from the 6ers?  I don't imagine it will make a big difference. What will probably be more of a factor is whether Okafor will quickly become as dominant as he's looking in the Summer League.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Sam,

I would think that Embiid's injury would make Noel much, much more expensive in any trade to any team.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:57 pm

I like Noel too, hes a younger version of a player I know Sam and Bob H love, Joakim Noah.

Do we have the assets to pry him?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:00 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I like Noel too, hes a younger version of a player I know Sam and Bob H love, Joakim Noah.

Do we have the assets to pry him?

cow,

With Embiid's arrival delayed for at least a year, maybe indefinitely, it'd be expensive because they'd be banking their entire front court on Okafur. If there's an opportunity it's that Sam Hinkie makes Danny look positively disinterested when it comes to accumulating draft picks. Danny could make Hinkie's wettest dream come true there.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Would it be worth sending Sully, Brooklyn's 2016 pick and another #1 pick down the line (and maybe a #2 as well) for Noel?  It works salary-wise.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Has anyone seen the 2016 drat projection?

Danny would be wise to use his draft assets to acquire a center but now all the good ones are gone. So I would focus on shooters, shooters and more shooters.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Once the college season is well underway, and everybody starts getting excited about the 2016 draft class, our 2016 draft picks will skyrocket in value.

The time to trade draft picks for players is mid-season or at draft time, not after the draft or before the college season starts.

This year on draft day the Blazers acquired solid center Mason Plumlee for their 22nd draft pick, and mid-season last year the Cavs traded two first rounders for Mozgov.

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:13 pm

For a long time, I've been hearing reasons why the Celtics shouldn't rush in using their draft picks.  More recently, I've been hearing that those draft picks aren't as valuable as we might have been thinking.  Why not be prepared to use the picks if they'll bring something of value now?  It certainly doesn't hurt to try.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Just for the sake of discussion, would anyone take a flier on Embiid for the right price? Of course I have no idea what it would take, but let's start the bidding at two number 2's. Any takers???

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:Just for the sake of discussion, would anyone take a flier on Embiid for the right price? Of course I have no idea what it would take, but let's start the bidding at two number 2's. Any takers???

I like the way you think. Two numbers twos if Philly would go for it that would be great!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:03 pm

bobc33 wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:Just for the sake of discussion, would anyone take a flier on Embiid for the right price? Of course I have no idea what it would take, but let's start the bidding at two number 2's. Any takers???

I like the way you think.  Two numbers twos if Philly would go for it that would be great!

If Sam Hinkie is willing to give up the #3 pick in the draft for two second rounders I would think:

1. What does he know about Embiid's foot we don't know and
2. The draft isn't a crap shoot, it's fantasy.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Damaged good are not necessarily better than no goods at all.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:54 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/20/report-joel-embiid-rebroke-the-navicular-bone-in-his-right-foot-ugh/

Report: Joel Embiid rebroke the navicular bone in his right foot. Ugh.
Kurt Helin Jul 20, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT

I’m not a doctor, but this sounds like trouble.

The Sixers drafted Joel Embiid at No. 3 a year ago despite foot a foot injury, one which led to a surgery that put two screws in his navicular bone. That bone is on the inside of the foot near the top and helps connect the ankle bone to the rest of the foot. The Sixers were patient with Embiid’s recovery, not pushing him to return.

Then this summer he re-injured his foot. The Philadelphia Inquirer now reports he rebroke the same bone.

Of course, there is the impending surgery on Joel Embiid’s right foot, which should be any day. Sources have confirmed to the Daily News that the navicular bone in his right foot was rebroken.

Ugh.

Again, I’m no doctor but a bone breaking that has a couple screws in it already is not good news.

Embiid is again expected to miss the entire NBA season recovering. It’s fair to start wondering if this is all career threatening.

bob
MY NOTE:  All that losing, all the institutionalizing of a losing culture.  Good thing Hinkie made sure the Sixers tanked to get him, huh?  

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:00 pm

In "loading up" (or is it "down?") for the crap shoot, could it be said that Hinkie shot himself in the foot?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down