tjmakz
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers Empty Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers

Post by tjmakz Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
about 11 minutes ago
Once guard Avery Bradley clears waivers today, he plans to sign a two-year, $9.7M deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent Bill Duffy of @BDA_Sports tells ESPN. Bradley will have a player option on the second season.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers Empty Re: Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers

Post by BingBang! Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Great fit but hate to see him in purple and gold.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers Empty Re: Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers

Post by swish Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:55 pm

tjmakz wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
about 11 minutes ago
Once guard Avery Bradley clears waivers today, he plans to sign a two-year, $9.7M deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent Bill Duffy of @BDA_Sports tells ESPN. Bradley will have a player option on the second season.

The Lakers will sure have a lot of solid veteran presence.

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Yikes
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:36 pm

Good pickup. With him and Green, they’d have a couple decent shooters/guard defenders. Does seem to highlight though lack of ballhandlers on the roster. Other than Lebron, the Lakers have the unproven Quinn Cook and the aging Rondo to initiate an offense.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Rondo and Avery reunited again.

Piece by piece the Lakers are assembling a team around their 2 elite stars. The pieces seem to fit.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 pm

People were laughing less than two weeks ago when there were somewhere around 4 official Lakers. I think the laughter has stopped. There will be reasonable depth. This is going to be a good team.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Funny how two Celtic veterans, loved by many, end up with the Lakers. Then we see the story of how Pat Riley drafted his rookie Hero, knowing he was wanted by the Celtics, just like Winslow.
Let's hope Hero turns out just like Winslow!!!!

Good for Avery, wish we had a spot here for him. That defense would be welcome with Kemba not strong defensively.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:14 pm

KyleCleric wrote:Good pickup. With him and Green, they’d have a couple decent shooters/guard defenders. Does seem to highlight though lack of ballhandlers on the roster. Other than Lebron, the Lakers have the unproven Quinn Cook and the aging Rondo to initiate an offense.

The Lakers really like Alex Caruso as a 2nd/3rd point guard.

It looks like the Lakers have settled on who will be point guard:

Haynes: Lakers intend to start LeBron James at point guard

https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/07/08/haynes-lakers-intend-to-start-lebron-james-at-point-guard/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:23 pm

tjmakz wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:Good pickup. With him and Green, they’d have a couple decent shooters/guard defenders. Does seem to highlight though lack of ballhandlers on the roster. Other than Lebron, the Lakers have the unproven Quinn Cook and the aging Rondo to initiate an offense.

The Lakers really like Alex Caruso as a 2nd/3rd point guard.

It looks like the Lakers have settled on who will be point guard:

Haynes: Lakers intend to start LeBron James at point guard

https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/07/08/haynes-lakers-intend-to-start-lebron-james-at-point-guard/

Not surprising. He kind of needs to in order to get his best teammates on the floor.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Good for AB.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:22 pm

NYCelt wrote:People were laughing less than two weeks ago when there were somewhere around 4 official Lakers. I think the laughter has stopped. There will be reasonable depth. This is going to be a good team.
I’m not impressed. I hate em and that usually colors my vision. But they’re just collecting folks now. Fit or no fit they're just signing anyone that can fog up a mirror. Upstairs is a mess and you know the theory on that. It starts at the top.
Ex: The sign Rondo and today they’re saying that LeBron's playing point guard. What’s wrong with this picture? Plenty.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Rondo is playing the 4 spot
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:34 pm

When you have 2 Elite players and you add experienced vets like Rondo, Danny Green, Cousins and Avery Bradley you have a real chance to have an excellent team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:36 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:
NYCelt wrote:People were laughing less than two weeks ago when there were somewhere around 4 official Lakers. I think the laughter has stopped. There will be reasonable depth. This is going to be a good team.
I’m not impressed. I hate em and that usually colors my vision. But they’re just collecting folks now. Fit or no fit they're just signing anyone that can fog up a mirror. Upstairs is a mess and you know the theory on that. It starts at the top.
Ex: The sign Rondo and today they’re saying that LeBron's playing point guard. What’s wrong with this picture? Plenty.

Your right Ktronic - beware - hatred can do a number on one's reasoning.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:34 pm

dboss wrote:When you have 2 Elite players and you add experienced vets like Rondo, Danny Green, Cousins and Avery Bradley you have a real chance to have an excellent team.  
or not
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:36 pm

swish wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:

Your right Ktronic - beware - hatred can do a number on one's reasoning.

swish
True, But in this case, the hate is not clouding by vision. Plus I actually like AB and Rondo.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:51 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:

The Lakers have done an excellent job of building a team on the fly after the Kawhi craziness ended.
They have very talented offensive players, great experience on their bench and probably the best defensive front court in the league with AD and McGee.
They signed multiple players (Danny Green, Quinn Cook, Jared Dudley, Troy Daniels) who shoot about 40% or above from the 3 point line. These shooters will have plenty of open looks when Lebron and AD are on the floor.
I expect Kuzma to make the jump from averaging almost 19 ppg to averaging in the 20’s.
This is Cousins opportunity to have a great season to make bank next year. As long as he’s healthy, I expect Cousins will be a very productive player. If he plays anywhere near how he did before he tore his Achilles, the Lakers will be a problem in the league. I’m just not sure what version of Cousins we will see.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:33 am

shouldn't Kuzma's numbers go down with Davis and LeBron there?

hard to have 3 -20 pt per game players on the same team, I mean.

I;m not saying he won;t be a better player, just that his numbers may not show it due to the better players around him.

I think the Lakers have loaded up and will be favorites to win it all myself.

I mean LOOK at their roster:

C- D. Cousins
C- J. McGee
PF/C- A. Davis
PF- K. Kuzma
???- L. James
SF/PF- J. Dudley
SF/SG- D. Green
SG- A. Bradley
SG- Caldwell-Pope
SG- T. Daniels
PG- R. Rondo
PG- Q. Cook
PG. A. Caruso

AND they still have the MLE to sign a 14th player with!!

BTW, they are UNDER the TAX line by $14M or so right now.

that is one STOKED roster folks., you have to give Pelinka credit.I wish we had a roster like that.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:06 am

As usual, wearing my green colored glasses - but I have no understanding of how this Lakers team is even close to best in the NBA - there are 5 or 6 teams in the West better than them.

But dont let me interrupt. Yeah Lakers.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:10 am

kdp59 wrote:shouldn't Kuzma's numbers go down with Davis and LeBron there?

hard to have 3 -20 pt per game players on the same team, I mean.

I;m not saying he won;t be a better player, just that his numbers may not show it due to the better players around him.

I think the Lakers have loaded up and will be favorites to win it all myself.

I mean LOOK at their roster:

C- D. Cousins
C- J. McGee
PF/C- A. Davis
PF- K. Kuzma
???- L. James
SF/PF- J. Dudley
SF/SG- D. Green
SG- A. Bradley
SG- Caldwell-Pope
SG- T. Daniels
PG- R. Rondo
PG- Q. Cook
PG. A. Caruso

AND they still have the MLE to sign a 14th player with!!

BTW, they are UNDER the TAX line by $14M or so right now.

that is one STOKED roster folks., you have to give Pelinka credit.I wish we had a roster like that.

I am expecting that Lebron’s scoring will go down some and others such as Kuzma will rise.
The Lakers used their Room MLE on Avery Bradley.
They have no other exceptions available.
They can only sign players to minimum contracts.
I hope they sign one more big who can play the 4 or 5, such as Faried.
They could also use someone who can play both 3 or 4.
Then the 15th spot might go to their 2nd round draft pick from last months draft.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:12 am

mrkleen09 wrote:As usual, wearing my green colored glasses - but I have no understanding of how this Lakers team is even close to best in the NBA - there are 5 or 6 teams in the West better than them.

Which teams in the west do you think are better than the Lakers?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:24 am

tjmakz wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:As usual, wearing my green colored glasses - but I have no understanding of how this Lakers team is even close to best in the NBA - there are 5 or 6 teams in the West better than them.

Which teams in the west do you think are better than the Lakers?

Clippers
Nuggets
Blazers
Golden State
Utah

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 am

Always have and always will be anti-LAL.  It's in my DNA.  I  can't help it.

Having said that they look like the the top team in the West.  It is going to take them a while to figure out rotations but once they get that done they will be special.

Two weeks ago they did not have any shooters.  Now they do.  Two weeks ago they were weak in the middle.  Now they are not.  Two weeks ago they were thin at the PG now they resign a veteran PG that is a perfect fit for a bunch of guys that like to score.

Some Celtics fans appear to be smitten once again by the experience of another dream deferred.  Eight years and counting since the last banner was raised and this team is void of any elite talent.  Great teamwork is much appreciated but elite talent rules the day. Here's for dreaming that one of our young guys becomes elite.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:52 am

dboss wrote:Always have and always will be anti-LAL.  It's in my DNA.  I  can't help it.

Having said that they look like the the top team in the West.  It is going to take them a while to figure out rotations but once they get that done they will be special.

Two weeks ago they did not have any shooters.  Now they do.  Two weeks ago they were weak in the middle.  Now they are not.  Two weeks ago they were thin at the PG now they resign a veteran PG that is a perfect fit for a bunch of guys that like to score.

Some Celtics fans appear to be smitten once again by the experience of another dream deferred.  Eight years and counting since the last banner was raised and this team is void of any elite talent.  Great teamwork is much appreciated but elite talent rules the day. Here's for dreaming that one of our young guys becomes elite.

dboss

Some times one has to take off his green glasses - good job of pure basketball analytics.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next