When does the new season start?

5 posters

Go down

When does the new season start? Empty When does the new season start?

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:13 am

And so another season comes to an end.

Perhaps not with a championship, but with a great display of Celtic Pride.

A season to remember and even celebrate to be sure.

The new era of Celtic ball goes on. The past three seasons have been superb; three playoff appearances, two finals with one going down to the final moments and the other producing a record 17th championship.

This season saw changes for the team and changes for all of us...

The team stumbled after a hot start, fought off injuries and long odds and came within a few scant ticks of winning a title.

We, the members of this board, found a new home to support what is certainly among the greatest teams in all of sports history.

Everyone here should be proud to be part of the great Celtic tradition, even our resident Laker-fan friends; you're all part of a Celtic-fan board after all! And yes Laker friends, a few of us will be adding those Laker avatars in paying up on that wager.

I think we should all be thankful that Sam has brought us down this great green path and we should all ask one question;

When does the new season start?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

When does the new season start? Empty Re: When does the new season start?

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:53 am

There is plenty of time for me to enjoy the Lakers victory but I felt I should change my avatar in respect for a man that deserves so much credit and who might be leaving Boston to spend time with his family.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:14 am

I got up early to compose some sort of prose that would wrap up a great season in which the ending unfortunately didn't reflect the thrills we've been given and camaraderie we've shared. And I find that, as usual, the work has been done for me.

New York Celt has eloquently put into words everything I could possibly say. And, fittingly, a friendly competitor has added a most classy exclamation point.

My thanks to both and to all who have contributed, day in and day out, to making this an oasis of pride, excitement, conviviality, and—ultimately— solace.

Earlier in the year, I posted that it was too early to assess the state of the Celtics for purposes of looking toward the future, because I felt we were not seeing nearly the best they could be. They have now had that opportunity, and I look forward to a lively off-season leading up to the excitement of Celtics 2010-11.

All the best to all as I now wrestle with the logistics of a one-week avatar replacement.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:31 am

Ok, so a deal is a deal, here is one of the all time greats, in my favorite role.
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:25 pm

tjmakz wrote:There is plenty of time for me to enjoy the Lakers victory but I felt I should change my avatar in respect for a man that deserves so much credit and who might be leaving Boston to spend time with his family.

TJ,

That is one classy move and a great lesson in winning with style.

For my part, in keeping with our little side-bet with BSK, MG and you, please enjoy my new avatar;
Mr. Michael Cooper.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:16 pm

New season starts this Thursday with the draft
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down