Danny Ainge Shares Ludicrous Question Jaylen Brown Asked Him About 2018-19 Celtics

4 posters

Go down

Danny Ainge Shares Ludicrous Question Jaylen Brown Asked Him About 2018-19 Celtics Empty Danny Ainge Shares Ludicrous Question Jaylen Brown Asked Him About 2018-19 Celtics

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:51 pm

https://nesn.com/2019/08/danny-ainge-shares-ludicrous-question-jaylen-brown-asked-him-before-2018-19-season/

Danny Ainge Shares Ludicrous Question Jaylen Brown Asked Him About 2018-19 Celtics

by Logan Mullen on Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:19AM

The Boston Celtics of this past season were nothing short of a mess, and it’s clear the sky-high expectations both from the outside and within played a pretty big role.

And Danny Ainge shared a story that underscores just how highly the Celtics thought of themselves.

While appearing on “The Michael Holley Podcast” on NBC Sports Boston, Ainge, the team’s president of basketball operations, revealed a question he was asked by Brown in the team’s lunchroom.

“He came and sat behind me, and he said, ‘Do you think we’re as good as the 1986 Celtics team?'” Ainge said. “And I went, ‘Oh my gosh. He’s so young.'”

Hopefully Brown was joking because if not, oof.

Of course, prior to last season Brown also declared he would have five rings by the time he’s 28 (he was 21 at the time of the interview), so insane remarks appear to have been a pattern.

For reference: The 1985-86 Celtics won the NBA title after going 67-15 in the regular season. The 2018-19 Celtics went 49-33 and were bounced by the Milwaukee Bucks in five games in the second round.

bob
MY NOTE:  Somebody call 911.  Somewhere, right now, in New Jersey Cowens is grabbing his chest.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Danny Ainge Shares Ludicrous Question Jaylen Brown Asked Him About 2018-19 Celtics Empty Re: Danny Ainge Shares Ludicrous Question Jaylen Brown Asked Him About 2018-19 Celtics

Post by worcester Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Jaylen is just angling for a spot on Comedians in Cars Going for Coffee.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Danny Ainge Shares Ludicrous Question Jaylen Brown Asked Him About 2018-19 Celtics Empty Re: Danny Ainge Shares Ludicrous Question Jaylen Brown Asked Him About 2018-19 Celtics

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Seems to me he knows just how good that team was, that Ainge was a part of it, and was yanking his chain. If nothing else, Jaylen know how bad that team was last year. He has said so repeatedly.

Now, I have one question: when the hell is Terry Rozier going to shut up and stop putting himself on a pedestal. He refuses to take any blame for last year. He refuses to admit how lousy he played. Let's see if he lives up to that contract he just signed.

ESPN is putting him up there repeatedly because he is the only one who will talk about what was. Getting very tired of his repeated actions of pointing fingers at everyone else except himself. Is his arm that long, that he can pat himself on the back constantly and use his fingers to point at others. Now he is best friends with Kyrie....ha ha
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:15 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Seems to me he knows just how good that team was, that Ainge was a part of it, and was yanking his chain. If nothing else, Jaylen know how bad that team was last year. He has said so repeatedly.

Now, I have one question:  when the hell is Terry Rozier going to shut up and stop putting himself on a pedestal. He refuses to take any blame for last year. He refuses to admit how lousy he played. Let's see if he lives up to that contract he just signed.

ESPN is putting him up there repeatedly because he is the only one who will talk about what was. Getting very tired of his repeated actions of pointing fingers at everyone else except himself.  Is his arm that long, that he can pat himself on the back constantly and use his fingers to point at others.  Now he is best friends with Kyrie....ha ha

Rosalie,

Ball Don't Lie.  Place your faith in that and believe that Rozier will get his comeuppance when they realize he really is a 37.5% fg% shooter and a mediocre floor general.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:27 pm

The 86 team remains a point of reference for greatness.

My favorite team while less talented than that 86 juggernaut was the 74 team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:54 pm

I tell people that that 86 team was probably the best team I ever watched. But then I think back to the '60s and Russell, Jones Boys, Havlicek, and the way they won and won and won, Bill Russell will always be the greatest Celtic to ever put on the uniform. And.......I was a huge, die hard Havlicek fan. Right from the day he came here. Garnett won my heart over, and at the time, I was a big Ray fan. So..........I just will say I loved them all~!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:01 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I tell people that that 86 team was probably the best team I ever watched. But then I think back to the '60s and Russell, Jones Boys, Havlicek, and the way they won and won and won, Bill Russell will always be the greatest Celtic to ever put on the uniform. And.......I was a huge, die hard Havlicek fan. Right from the day he came here.  Garnett won my heart over, and at the time, I was a big Ray fan.  So..........I just will say I loved them all~!!!!

+1
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down