What Celtics' Danny Ainge thought of Jaylen Brown-Jayson Tatum pregame talk

4 posters

Go down

What Celtics' Danny Ainge thought of Jaylen Brown-Jayson Tatum pregame talk Empty What Celtics' Danny Ainge thought of Jaylen Brown-Jayson Tatum pregame talk

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:07 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/celtics-danny-ainge-thought-jaylen-175839867.html

What Celtics' Danny Ainge thought of Jaylen Brown-Jayson Tatum pregame talk

Darren Hartwell

Thu, April 8, 2021, 10:58 AM

The Boston Celtics' plentiful losses have come with plenty of criticism, to the point where Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum had a conversation before Wednesday's game against the New York Knicks about tuning out the outside noise.

Danny Ainge probably wishes things hadn't gotten to that point, but he's fully on board with his two All-Stars addressing their struggles head-on.

"I see two guys that really like each other," the Celtics' president of basketball operations said Thursday on 98.5 The Sports Hub's "Toucher & Rich" when asked about Brown and Tatum's relationship. "I think that from what I gathered – I didn’t talk to them about this, I just read it – they’re just trying to keep the noise out.

"There’s a lot of people out there who would try to get in between everybody on the team, for that matter. It’s a healthy thing that they got together to talk through some of that stuff, because most of the time I see most of my players on their phones just reading things."

Ainge clarified that seeing his players glued to their phones was less a concern about team chemistry and more a sign of the times. But Celtics players have been called out in the media a few times this season -- most recently by ex-big man Kendrick Perkins, who took Tatum to task over his poor body language after Tuesday's loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Ainge didn't seem too worked up about Perkins' comments, however.

"I think Perk is paid to have opinions, and he’s out there and he’s giving a lot of opinions," Ainge said. "I love Perk. I hope those guys aren’t being impacted by things that people are saying that are media heads that are paid to give an opinion. Hopefully they’re just talking it through [and] they don’t pay too much attention to all the noise out there, which one of them said. That’s a good thing."

If Perkins' criticism led to a productive talk between Brown and Tatum about staying the course, then that indeed is a positive development. The duo combined for 57 points in Wednesday's win over the Knicks, so it sounds like their heads were in the right place after their chat.

The C's will need more of that mental fortitude if they want to make a late-season run: They're currently seventh in the Eastern Conference at 26-26 with 20 games remaining.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

What Celtics' Danny Ainge thought of Jaylen Brown-Jayson Tatum pregame talk Empty Re: What Celtics' Danny Ainge thought of Jaylen Brown-Jayson Tatum pregame talk

Post by Ktron Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:26 pm

Way to minimize Perk’s comments by saying he gets paid to have opinions, Danny Ray.
Perk’s not just a talking media head, he’s an ex-player who’s opinion is valued because he’s played the game. Maybe Danny should try and have a sit down or two with him.
Based on the few quotes here ( I didn’t hear the entire interview) doesn’t sound like Danny knows much about what’s going on with his players. Either that or he’s lying again.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

What Celtics' Danny Ainge thought of Jaylen Brown-Jayson Tatum pregame talk Empty Re: What Celtics' Danny Ainge thought of Jaylen Brown-Jayson Tatum pregame talk

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:07 pm

What makes you think for one minute that Danny Ainge has not talked to these two guys? You definitely are giving Perk WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT here. He is live entertainment. That is what he is paid to do. He can say what he wants, but I believe it is taken with a grain of salt.

Be careful what you wish for.....it could. Blow up right in our face.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:30 pm

After reading what perk actually said i have no problem with it

Kendrick Perkins
@KendrickPerkins
Jayson Tatum, you got paid the big bucks! You have the body language and energy level of an underpaid player and it’s hurtin the team. Time to step up and live up to your role, straight up. Carry on...
9:58 PM · Apr 6, 2021

He further elaborated,

“When you look at all the other stars around the league, they compete, they compete, they compete,” Perkins said, via NBC Sports Boston. “They don’t have bad body language. They’re enthusiastic. They’re supporting their teammates. They’re always talking to their teammates. And it’s part of him I guess growing, but you’ve got to have that. You have to learn those leadership skills.”

My Note

I think Danny was just protecting his players from outside criticism.  Danny know that Perks criticism was on point, meaning it was absolutely true.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:24 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:What makes you think for one minute that Danny Ainge has not talked to these two guys?  You definitely are giving Perk WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT here.  He is live entertainment. That is what he is paid to do. He can say what he wants, but I believe it is taken with a grain of salt.

Be careful what you wish for.....it could. Blow up right in our face.  

I’m only going by what Danny said himself in the part of the interview that Ive read. What makes you think that he has? No, I don’t trust in what Danny says and yes, I do believe what Perk is saying and I don’t think its hyperbolic coming from him.
Danny is also paid to NOT tell then truth. Believe that.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down