Contracts

2 posters

Go down

Contracts Empty Contracts

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:51 am

Well, the season and post-season are over and talk now turns to some of basketball's less athletic endeavors: Contract renewals, extensions, free agents and the draft.

According to the Boston Herald 6/21, Danny's reaching out to Pierce's agent. It is not known if the crux of the negotiations will revolve around a restructuring of Pierce's contract (ala what KG did when he came here) or an extension.

Also, according to the Herald 6/21, the talk is swirling around Ray Allen. According to league sources, he's worth somewhere in the MLE area in today's market, about $5.6M. The sticky point seems to be the duration of the contract. Understandably, the older Ray Allen would like to sign for more than 1 year.

I read a story that Doc will make his decision about staying or going BEFORE Pierce and Ray make theirs, so that they can take that into account. I'm not liking the sound of that, especially since I'm thinking he's leaving.

Draft day is 6/24.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Contracts Empty Re: Contracts

Post by Sam Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Bob,

I finally allowed myself to listen once again to sports talk radio yesterday. One of the program hosts read a recent article about a Doc interview. Doc discussed everything in the past tense. Such as, "It was a pleasure to be involved in Rondo's development."

Personally, I hope they can put off final decisions on players until a new braintrust is in place (if that's what's going to happen). I really don't like the idea of long-term or even medium-term commitments being in place before an overall plan or blueprint is finalized. Maybe that has already happened, but I doubt it.

Nothing can be done about the date of the draft. But it sure would be helpful if we knew what Sheed was planning before anything else eventuated. Decisions on Pierce and Ray could potentially come into clearer focus if we knew his decision sooner rather than later.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Sam wrote:Bob,

I finally allowed myself to listen once again to sports talk radio yesterday. One of the program hosts read a recent article about a Doc interview. Doc discussed everything in the past tense. Such as, "It was a pleasure to be involved in Rondo's development."

Personally, I hope they can put off final decisions on players until a new braintrust is in place (if that's what's going to happen). I really don't like the idea of long-term or even medium-term commitments being in place before an overall plan or blueprint is finalized. Maybe that has already happened, but I doubt it.

Nothing can be done about the date of the draft. But it sure would be helpful if we knew what Sheed was planning before anything else eventuated. Decisions on Pierce and Ray could potentially come into clearer focus if we knew his decision sooner rather than later.

Sam

sam,

The article I read came across as Doc saying "It'd be a shame if something amazing happened with the Celtics and I wasn't there for it, but it'd be a DAMN shame if something amazing happened with my kids and I wasn't there for it".

Doc has said that he hasn't made a final decision, but that he's definitely "leaning one way". Sounds to me like he's leaning away from us and towards his family.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down