Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact?

+2
worcester
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact?

Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_lcap0%Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_lcap25%Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_lcap63%Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_lcap0%Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_lcap12%Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Empty Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact?

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:44 pm

Describe it however you want:  minutes, filling a key need, whatever. Your call.

Multiple Choice and Vote Cancelling allowed, but please explain yourself.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Empty Re: Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact?

Post by worcester Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:28 am

Edwards. Minutes. Fills a need. Microwave 2.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact? Empty Re: Which Rookie Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact?

Post by kdp59 Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:46 am

Grant W. for me , because its our biggest area of need.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:26 am

I choose Edwards.  The way I see it, the Celtics can put a very solid starting 5 on the court.  Brad needs to decide who will be the 6th man (Smart or Hayward) He may also decide to make Brown his 6th man.  His improved ball  handling skills and ability to find open teammates was on full display during the FIBA games.   The bottom line is that Brad has several choices in the starting lineup.

The big unknown has to be offense from the rotation guys.  Edwards looks like the perfect fire plug to come off the bench, push the ball and shoot the rock.  He already knows how to shoot of the bounce whereas Williams is still in a developmental stage.  The most I can hope for is that Williams turns into a reliable spot up shooter.  Edwards is a combo guard.  Although he is undersized he appears to be capable of getting his shot off against anybody.  He handles the ball well enough to bring it up the floor.

Grant Williams remains an undersized PF with below average athleticism.  He's a smart tough guy that can help but he is a backup to several backups and there will be less opportunities for him to impact the game.

Edwards has a wide open pathway.

KDP59 does however make a good point about PF needs.  He will be thrown into the mix in what one could consider as Power Forward by committee.

Last edited by dboss on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 am

Edwards for me. I like the way he just jumped into the Boston scene by storm. It's like he knew the Celtic history of the type of player that makes it big in Boston. Also willing to accept whatever role his is given.

I like the Vinnie Johnson comparisons as well. I'll even go a little more recent with Eddie House.

Being able to mirror and/or glove on defense is ALWAYS a great Celtic trait. I don't think he took it as a slight with his draft position. Probably said after PHI pick, "Am I still in the NBA?! Good. I'll take care of it from here"...and he has! Just impressive kid overall.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:52 am

dbrown4 wrote:Edwards for me.  I like the way he just jumped into the Boston scene by storm.  It's like he knew the Celtic history of the type of player that makes it big in Boston.  Also willing to accept whatever role his is given.

I like the Vinnie Johnson comparisons as well.  I'll even go a little more recent with Eddie House.

Being able to mirror and/or glove on defense is ALWAYS a great Celtic trait.  I don't think he took it as a slight with his draft position.  Probably said after PHI pick, "Am I still in the NBA?!  Good.  I'll take care of it from here"...and he has!  Just impressive kid overall.  

db
DB

Eddie House is probably a better comparison than Vinnie.  Vinnie was never a 3 point shooter but Eddie was.  Excellent comparison.  The Celtics were high enough on Edwards that they gave him a 1st round type of deal.  That should tell us something as I cannot recall Danny ever treating a 2nd rounder like that.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:12 pm

So I voted for Fall after re-watching his battle with Zion. I wouldn't bet money that he'll have an impact or make the team, but since no money is required...I think Fall got by in college by being tall. Now, more coaching is required and available. He's a project, but I can see Embiid rising up to dunk and running into Fall's elbow. Same for the Freak. I doubt Fall has much stamina, but I think he might be very useful in short stretches. Of course, I felt RW should have played 15 minutes a game last year (and more this year at 4-5). Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down