Doc Rivers: Rasheed Wallace plans to retire

3 posters

Go down

Doc Rivers: Rasheed Wallace plans to retire Empty Doc Rivers: Rasheed Wallace plans to retire

Post by Brandon$$ Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:54 pm

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/06/21/wallace.retire.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers says that center Rasheed Wallace is probably going to retire.

Rivers said on WEEI-AM on Monday that Wallace told him before Game 7 of the NBA finals that he believed it was the last game of his career.

Wallace has two years left on the contract he signed with the Celtics last summer.

The 35-year-old would finish with 15,860 points and 7,321 rebounds in a 15-year career. The volatile big man was also the most ejected player of his era, with 30 ejections since such records started being kept in 1992.

He played with four teams, winning the NBA title with the Detroit Pistons in 2004.

The Celtics lost to the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 7 of the NBA finals 93-89 on Thursday.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers reiterated Monday his belief that Rasheed Wallace will walk away from basketball this summer, revealing that the 15-year veteran told him before Game 7 of the NBA Finals that he thought it would be his final NBA contest. ESPN.com

Rasheed Wallace, like Rivers, is considering leaving the game. Rivers said he expects we’ve seen the last of the controversial center. “I think you have,” he said. “It’s so emotional right after the game. But Rasheed told me before [Game 7]. He told me the the night before. He walked up to me and said, ‘Hey, listen, I’m going to give you everything I’ve got. I really believe this is my last game that I’m going to play.’ And he said this year was very difficult for him physically. He never felt like — even the conditioning part of it hurt. He said he doesn’t think he wants to go through that again, and he wants to watch his kids. I do think it’s the last time we’ll see him in a Celtics uniform.” WEEI.com
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Doc Rivers: Rasheed Wallace plans to retire Empty Re: Doc Rivers: Rasheed Wallace plans to retire

Post by 112288 Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm kind of glad and I hope it happens. We need to get the Rasheed experiment over and done with. The Celtics need a big man that comes to camp in shape and who can play the entire season full tilt.

Brad Miller could be a nice answer to solve our big man problem. He's tough and he can score and rebound. He is a type of guy who could put someones "A" on the floor if they get too comfortable driving into the paint and he loves to mix it up!

Back to top Go down

Doc Rivers: Rasheed Wallace plans to retire Empty Re: Doc Rivers: Rasheed Wallace plans to retire

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 pm

I just hope that Sheed lets Danny know BEFORE the draft.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down