Celtics Approach Jaylen Brown On Contract Extension

5 posters

Go down

Celtics Approach Jaylen Brown On Contract Extension Empty Celtics Approach Jaylen Brown On Contract Extension

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:47 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255572/Celtics-Approach-Jaylen-Brown-On-Contract-Extension

Celtics Approach Jaylen Brown On Contract Extension

OCT 2, 2019 8:09 PM

The Boston Celtics recently reached out to Jaylen Brown about a possible contract extension.

The Celtics haven't signed a first round pick to an extension dating back 10 years.

“I’ve been able to watch these guys for three years,” Brown told BostonSportsJournal.com. “They have their process. They like to take their time. There is no rush at all. I don't know if they feel rushed. I hope they don't. There is no rush. They will figure it out or not figure it out. Either way is fine with me.”

Brown is currently operating without an agent.

bob
MY NOTE:  I thought Jaylen was showing exceptional savvy when he didn't hire an agent when he was drafted, because first round picks are on a fixed salary scale so why pay an agent to negotiate a contract that's already set in the CBA, but I think he should hire one now.  Having said that I sure hope he's reasonable and they sign him.  He's in growth mode and his ego doesn't seem to run like Rozier's.  Thank God.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Approach Jaylen Brown On Contract Extension Empty Re: Celtics Approach Jaylen Brown On Contract Extension

Post by kdp59 Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:11 am

Ainge may want to keep an eye and ear on Popovich when it comes to Brown and a new contract.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Celtics Approach Jaylen Brown On Contract Extension Empty Re: Celtics Approach Jaylen Brown On Contract Extension

Post by dbrown4 Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:32 am

Think of the huge raise he gives himself these first few years!! Smart move.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:04 pm

Danny may not actually extend him now but he will get a figure from Jaylen on what he wants.  If the number is too excessive (we will not know about that for a long time) the Celtics could look to move him.  Problem will be a low salary.  But if a team is willing to part with an unprotected 1st rounder it may make sense.

The market for Brown will be great.  If I am Brown I would not sign for anything less than $25 million per year.  That is less than a max level deal.  

Danny Ainge should not have invested all that money on Walker if it ultimately prevents him from retaining Brown AND Tatum.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Look for Brown trade rumors all year too. They've already started.

I've seen different stories that Brown is possibly getting traded for Turner, Griffin or Gasol, so far. And that was just this afternoon. Wait; it will get completely off the rails ridiculous soon.

Silly season starts early sometimes.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:02 am

Brown has been very diplomatic with the media as they continue to ask him questions about an extension.  The big statement that came out speaks truth.  He said "I didn’t peak in my second year.”

Do you think he would sign for a 4 year $22 million deal with a player option in year 4?  That would give him an opportunity to earn and outplay his 3 year team controlled contract and then reup for a bigger and longterm deal at age 26.  That is when he would just be entering his prime.

Given his potential to earn a much bigger pay day, I doubt he would accept a deal like that.  

He is probably the top 3 and D wing in free agency.  If Brad does not bury him on the bench like he did last year he looks ready to blow up.  There is nothing wrong with a 6th man role for him provided he is getting starter minutes.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/07/18/nba-free-agency-2020-the-top-players/

Message to Danny:  You drafted him at #3.  What were your expectations?  When you draft in the top 3 you do so because you see a quality player with allstar potential.   I would rather see Danny make long term commitments to young guys like Brown and Tatum, home grown guys than to over pay for some other team's free agent.  The timeline works in your favor and there is no transition period.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down