Boston Celtics Marcus Smart looking forward to facing Terry Rozier: ’You’re gonna hear us talking trash'

Go down

Boston Celtics Marcus Smart looking forward to facing Terry Rozier: ’You’re gonna hear us talking trash' Empty Boston Celtics Marcus Smart looking forward to facing Terry Rozier: ’You’re gonna hear us talking trash'

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:34 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/10/boston-celtics-marcus-smart-looking-forward-to-facing-terry-rozier-youre-gonna-hear-us-talking-trash.html

Boston Celtics Marcus Smart looking forward to facing Terry Rozier: ’You’re gonna hear us talking trash'

Today 2:27 PM

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com

BRIGHTON -- Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier were teammates for four years in Boston, but this summer saw Rozier cash in with a new team, the Charlotte Hornets. On Sunday, they’ll get an immediate chance to face off in the first preseason games for both teams.

“It’s gonna be something,” Smart said with a laugh after practice Friday. “Gonna be a lot of joking. You’re gonna hear us talking trash, laughing, having fun.”

Both Smart and Rozier are known to share a few thoughts with opponents on the floor. Neither is shy by any means. But facing each other, even though there were plenty of practice battles over the years, is a little different.

“Gonna be awkward at first, you know?” Smart said. “But everyone on this team who’s been here and played with Terry, we love him, have nothing but respect for Terry. We wish nothing but the best for him.”

It might just be preseason, but Rozier has been vocal about feeling he has to prove himself again. Even though Smart is looking forward to facing Rozier, it’s Kemba Walker that will see him first. Walker and Rozier were technically traded for one another, and Rozier finds himself trying to replace the best player in his new franchise’s history. It’s a comparison he’s already trying to shake

“I respect the hell out of Kemba: When I play against him, I’m going to give him my best, and I know I’ll get his best," He told the Charlotte Observer. "But Kemba? I don’t want to hear it. Don’t talk to me about Kemba.”

Rozier might walk through those doors on Sunday with a lot to prove right away, and some of it might be to the Celtics fans who saw him as part of the problem. It will make the reception Rozier gets pretty interesting.

“He’s no longer wearing the green jersey, so it’s gonna be tough for him. He expects it,” Smart said. “He’s gonna come out and try to make a play, and we’re gonna try to make sure Terry doesn’t have a Terry night. He knows it, but that’s the beauty of it.”

bob
MY NOTE: Sunday, 6pm EDT

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down