Romeo Langford’s Lack Of Experience Compared To Fellow Rookies Apparent At Camp

2 posters

Go down

Romeo Langford’s Lack Of Experience Compared To Fellow Rookies Apparent At Camp  Empty Romeo Langford’s Lack Of Experience Compared To Fellow Rookies Apparent At Camp

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:05 am

https://nesn.com/2019/10/romeo-langfords-lack-of-experience-compared-to-fellow-rookies-apparent-at-camp/

Romeo Langford’s Lack Of Experience Compared To Fellow Rookies Apparent At Camp

by Chris Grenham on Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 8:23PM

The Boston Celtics made four quality draft picks at the 2019 NBA Draft, but one has noticeably less experience than the rest.

Romeo Langford played just one season at Indiana, but his fellow rookies had much longer collegiate careers. Grant Williams (Tennessee) and Carsen Edwards (Purdue) each played three seasons at their respective schools, while Tremont Waters logged two seasons at LSU.

Langford, the youngest of Boston’s rookie class by two years, doesn’t lack talent. After all, he was the top selection at No. 14 overall. But for head coach Brad Stevens, it’s rather apparent on the court that he’s younger than the rest.

“Good player and the game comes really easy to him,” Stevens said, per MassLive’s Tom Westerholm. “You can tell, though, he’s a little bit younger, as far as all the experiences in Grant and Carsen and all those guys. But, (that’s) to be expected, he was only in college one year.”

Langford recently tweaked his groin and has yet to join live action at Celtics training camp. This comes after the first-round pick missed summer league as he recovered from surgery to repair a torn ligament in his shooting thumb.

The New Albany, Ind. native dealt with the injury for the entirety of his lone season with the Hoosiers, which likely contributed to his ugly 27.2 percent shooting clip from 3-point range. But the Celtics have worked with their top pick throughout the offseason to restructure his shot profile, and he’s hoping to boast those improvements once he hits the court, whenever that may be.

Boston opens up its preseason schedule Sunday against the Charlotte Hornets at TD Garden. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET.

bob
MY NOTE:  I cannot overstate what I consider to be the importance of summer league and camp for rookies.  I cannot think of a single rookie who missed summer league, much less camp, who came out of the gate ready, not one.  Fortunately Romeo is not at a position where we need him badly.  If he was a PF...

In a housekeeping note, I'm sure we'll be having a Game On! thread going.  If it is where GYSO usually puts it you will find it by going to the HOME page, clicking on 'Game On!  2019-2020' and then on the appropriate thread.  Please join us, it's more fun when it's a bit of a mob scene.  Guests who stop by to read our board (you know who you are) can become a member for free by registering.  You then have the ability to write posts on the main board, start threads of your own and join in on the Game On! thread.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Romeo Langford’s Lack Of Experience Compared To Fellow Rookies Apparent At Camp  Empty Re: Romeo Langford’s Lack Of Experience Compared To Fellow Rookies Apparent At Camp

Post by dboss Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Well we talked about Romeo being behind going into camp.  Last year RW had a similar experience.

The Celtics depth at the wing makes his absence rather insignificant.  I sure hope he gets a chance to play at some point.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down