Gordon Hayward Draws More High Praise, This Time From Robert Williams

5 posters

Go down

Gordon Hayward Draws More High Praise, This Time From Robert Williams  Empty Gordon Hayward Draws More High Praise, This Time From Robert Williams

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:31 pm

https://nesn.com/2019/10/gordon-hayward-draws-more-high-praise-this-time-from-robert-williams/

Gordon Hayward Draws More High Praise, This Time From Robert Williams

by Scott Edwards Jr.

on Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 12:46PM

Ahead of open practice at TD Garden on Saturday, Robert Williams had some pleasant things to say about his teammate.

Williams addressed his offseason workouts and how he got better, and that dovetailed into an endorsement of Gordon Hayward, Williams indicated that when he was waking up for his workouts, Hayward already was finishing up.

“He’s got it back, man. He’s back,” Williams said of Hayward’s explosiveness, via The Athletic’s Jay King.

That’s yet another compliment for Hayward this week following Enes Kanter’s high praise for the 29-year-old.

That said, Danny Ainge attempted to temper expectations on Hayward following all of the hype.

“I think right now there’s been a lot of buzz about Gordon and his comeback and I’m worried that it’s getting a little out of hand,” Ainge said, via NBC Sports Boston’s Chris Forsberg. “Like, I think he’s Gordon. He’s back to being Gordon.”

Hayward struggled in his first full season follow his devastating 2017 injury, averaging 11.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 3.4 assists in 72 games for Boston in 2018-19. If his teammates are to be believed, Hayward could be on track to return to his all-star form from his time with the Utah Jazz.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Gordon Hayward Draws More High Praise, This Time From Robert Williams  Empty Re: Gordon Hayward Draws More High Praise, This Time From Robert Williams

Post by dboss Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:07 pm

None of us are at practice and training sessions.

Some of his teammates however see something good.  Danny is smart to temper the hype

As the ump says, play ball.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Gordon Hayward Draws More High Praise, This Time From Robert Williams  Empty Re: Gordon Hayward Draws More High Praise, This Time From Robert Williams

Post by dboss Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 pm

The coaching staff also is feeling good.

There is a lot of talent on this team minus GH.

If he balls out this year, The Celtics will be a serious contender in the East.  If you can't be that, forget about banners.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:09 pm

I cannot wait for tomorrow, I have missed this team so much. I want to see what everyone in the gym has been seeing, GH healthy. It will help shut a lot of people up. There are so many out there that really want to blame HIM for losing last year. I say, “walk a mile in his shoes”. And he has not used any of it as an excuse, he has owned up to his failures, and his disappointments.

I believe we will see the GH we all thought we would see two years ago. I bet my husband on it!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Rosalie

GH only took 8.8 shots per game.  With Morris gone it really opens up more scoring opportunities for both GH and JB.  

Get those guys 4-5 more FG's and they will score more PPG.  

If GH can get to the rim, he will be just fine.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:17 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I cannot wait for tomorrow, I have missed this team so much. I want to see what everyone in the gym has been seeing, GH healthy. It will help shut a lot of people up.  There are so many out there that really want to blame HIM for losing last year. I say, “walk a mile in his shoes”.  And he has not used any of it as an excuse, he has owned up to his failures, and his disappointments.  

I believe we will see the GH we all thought we would see two years ago. I bet my husband on it!!!!!!!!!!!

Who did you bet with? You put up your husband but what did they put up?

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:58 am

You read it wrong Bob.....I put him up for the bet!!!

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:48 am

I need a man servant, Rosalie. I'll bet $50, even though I really like GH.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down