The Bubble

4 posters

Go down

The Bubble Empty The Bubble

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:40 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/10/boston-celtics-upgrade-max-strus-sign-rookie-to-two-year-partially-guaranteed-contract-report.html

Boston Celtics upgrade Max Strus, sign rookie to two-year partially-guaranteed contract (report)

Today 12:49 PM

The Bubble CSAG3NHJLFFZBFUZYOBCPIOFUI
Boston Celtics' Max Strus plays against the Memphis Grizzlies in an NBA summer league basketball game Thursday, July 11, 2019, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/John Locher)

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com

The Boston Celtics have upgraded the contract of rookie wing Max Struss, according to The Athletic’s Shams Charania.

Shams Charania
✔
@ShamsCharania
The Boston Celtics are signing two-way guard Max Strus to a two-year NBA deal, with a partial guarantee this season of nearly half of rookie minimum, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

9:16 AM - Oct 13, 2019

This is one of two scenarios.

1: The Celtics have seen enough of Strus that they feel comfortable giving him a bigger role on this team. He’s got a good reputation as a shooter and the partially guaranteed money is no bigger commitment than the two-way deal. The move opens up the two-way deal for either Javonte Green or Tacko Fall.

Or...

2: The Celtics have guaranteed him about $450,000 as a make good in preparation for cutting him.

It’s a little more than they would have paid him for the full year as a two-way player assuming he maxed out his NBA commitment. They committed the two-way deal really early, and at this point, he’s missing out on a chance to make an NBA roster. If the Celtics are planning on cutting him, doing it now without any money would really put him in a horrible situation.

By giving him a guaranteed payout, the Celtics can cut him without really reneging on any financial commitment and Strus can spend a year overseas somewhere playing ball and he can try to hook on with an NBA team later in the season or over the summer. He can also agree to a G-League deal with the Red Claws, essentially keeping him in the system if he wants to stick around.

Either way, this move is the beginning of the roster maneuvering for the Celtics. A two-way deal is now open for one of Green or Fall.

bob
MY NOTE:  Plus, there's this...

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
2 minutes ago
Per source, Strus has been really impressive at Cs practices and in the running with Javonte Green for the final roster spot. Cs moved to make the partially guaranteed deal because Strus was willing to add a fully non-guaranteed year next season.

reply retweet like

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 7 minutes ago
Stevens isn't adding to anything about the Strus situation other than to say "there are a lot of moving parts"

reply retweet like

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Bubble Empty Re: The Bubble

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:11 pm

about 11 minutes ago
Max Strus confirms to the Globe he’s agreed to a two-year deal with the Celtics with a partial guarantee this year.

reply retweet like

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 5 minutes ago
Strus clarifies his two-year deal. "A lot of people think I got the (last) roster spot, but that's not exactly what happened. U have to keep working hard and then we'll see."

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:26 pm

about 13 minutes ago
League source confirms Tacko Fall’s contract has been converted to a two-way, as @Adrian Wojnarowski said. Get ready to party, Portland.

reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE:  And there ya go, Celtic fans...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:48 pm

I guess I need to try to follow Mr. Strus better as the Cs must think that he is pretty good.

Even after I do some research on him he does not seem to be a guy who is going to get any minutes. I hope he proves me wrong, however, and finds a way to make a solid rookie contribution.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:04 pm

The Bubble EGx8JwHX0AQZuD0

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Strus today showed his skill in knocking down the deep ball as a catch and shoot guy.

Fall makes the cut.

Green may be g league bound.

Waters makes his case as a guy who can run the offense.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:35 pm

I was skeptical of Strus until I saw him play a couple times. I think he makes the 15 unless a talented, cheap vet becomes available. His shooting form is impeccable and he's got that quick release. One thing we have is athletic wings. Where does Green get minutes with Tatum, Brown, Hayward and Langford on the roster?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down