Non Varsity game against Cleveland in Cleveland tonight.

+4
dbrown4
NYCelt
bobheckler
wideclyde
8 posters

Go down

Non Varsity game against Cleveland in Cleveland tonight. Empty Non Varsity game against Cleveland in Cleveland tonight.

Post by wideclyde Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:46 am

As the Cs are not taking the varsity team with them to Cleveland for the team's last pre season game, I think that Semi Ojeleye may have to really shine to get a roster spot going forward.

This is now his third year, and I can see him possibly getting cut as he has not shown much improvement in my eyes. His first season he was good on defense but poor offensively. His second year he seemed to slip slightly on defense while not showing much offensive improvement. In the three games this pre-season he has again not shown much more than in either of his first two seasons.

Not that Semi is an unlikable player,, but with other teams getting ready to trim some players I can see Ainge possibly looking for a bigger type power forward who may become available before the season starts.

This game will also give Fall a much better chance to show something beyond just getting onto the floor for mop-up minutes. His work to improve may be much more visible in a game where he plays some in every quarter. Should be interesting.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Non Varsity game against Cleveland in Cleveland tonight. Empty Re: Non Varsity game against Cleveland in Cleveland tonight.

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 43 minutes ago
Those who missed this trip for rest purposes: Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Kemba Walker, Enes Kanter, Gordon Hayward, Daniel Theis. Jayson Tatum missed the trip due to illness. Extra Tacko (and Vincent Poirier) tonight.

reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE: It will be interesting to see who Brad starts in the back court.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Non Varsity game against Cleveland in Cleveland tonight. Empty Re: Non Varsity game against Cleveland in Cleveland tonight.

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:26 pm

Wide,

Your JV description was on the money.

Regards

PROBABLE STARTERS

F 37 Semi Ojeleye
F 12 Grant Williams
C 44 Robert Williams
G 4 Carsen Edwards
G 9 Brad Wanamaker

INJURY REPORT
Player                       Injury                               Status
Jaylen Brown           Rest                                  Out
Carsen Edwards       Right Hip Contusion            Probable
Gordon Hayward      Rest                                  Out
Enes Kanter             Rest                                  Out
Romeo Langford       Right Knee Sprain              Out
Marcus Smart           Rest                                 Out
Jayson Tatum           Illness                              Out
Daniel Theis             Rest                                  Out
Kemba Walker           Rest                                 Out
Brad Wanamaker       Left Hamstring Soreness    Probable
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:26 pm

Well at least it will be more competitive than the other night!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:30 pm

This is preseason game #4 tonight.

The game is rather insignificant.

With respect to Semi he was one of our best defenders last year with a defensive rating of 100.2  While some may not see any improvement, there is one glimmer that I would like to highlight.  Semi has an improved handle.  I think that will help him attack more.  His shooting is still inconsistent.

I do not see Danny cutting him to sign the castoff from some other team.  If Danny believes that he needs to upgrade the 4 he could initiate a trade.  However it looks to me like Boston wants to again start our 3 wings and supplement the rotation at 4.   Semi is on this team because he is a defender who has the quickness to rotate. 

As the season progresses, Danny will make changes as needed but let's be real.  This team does not look like a contender for the title.  This team has already taken a big hit at the defensive end in their front court.  They drafted Grant Williams.  He does not look ready to step in and fill the defensive void at the 4 left by Morris.  

This team has more than enough scorers.  What they need are guys who can defend all over the court.

I am still waiting to see a big lineup.  More specifically how come Stevens refuses to play Theis at the 4?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:36 pm

if I were calling the lineups and rotations, it would be:

C- Poirier
PF- Grant W.
Wing- Langford
Wing- Strus
PG- Waters

with my rotation guys being

Rob W.
Green
Edwards

first
then:

Semi
Wanamaker

no need to see Tacko anymore in the pre-season the team already decided to send him to Maine.

Strus , Green and Semi are battling for the final two spots, on the current roster one would think. Will be interesting to see how that plays out in the coming week or so.

Waters is on a two way deal already and it would seem if they want to keep him on the main roster, they would need to dump Wanamaker (which I doubt they would do).

While I would ALL for picking up another Power forward, I doubt they will, Brad seems content on playing one big , a PG with 3 wings a lot.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:31 pm

dboss wrote:This is preseason game #4 tonight.

The game is rather insignificant.

With respect to Semi he was one of our best defenders last year with a defensive rating of 100.2  While some may not see any improvement, there is one glimmer that I would like to highlight.  Semi has an improved handle.  I think that will help him attack more.  His shooting is still inconsistent.

I do not see Danny cutting him to sign the castoff from some other team.  If Danny believes that he needs to upgrade the 4 he could initiate a trade.  However it looks to me like Boston wants to again start our 3 wings and supplement the rotation at 4.   Semi is on this team because he is a defender who has the quickness to rotate. 

As the season progresses, Danny will make changes as needed but let's be real.  This team does not look like a contender for the title.  This team has already taken a big hit at the defensive end in their front court.  They drafted Grant Williams.  He does not look ready to step in and fill the defensive void at the 4 left by Morris.  

This team has more than enough scorers.  What they need are guys who can defend all over the court.

I am still waiting to see a big lineup.  More specifically how come Stevens refuses to play Theis at the 4?
Morris was never a good defender, G Will will be a much better player than Morris IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:24 pm

kdp59 wrote:if I were calling the lineups and rotations, it would be:

C- Poirier
PF- Grant W.
Wing- Langford
Wing- Strus
PG- Waters

with my rotation guys being

Rob W.
Green
Edwards

Langford is unfortunately out as far as I know due to the knee sprain he suffered in last game.

I would go:

C- Poirier
PF- Grant W.
Wing- Semi
Wing- Strus
PG- Waters

+

Rob W.
Green
Wanamaker

Pretty much for the same reasons you pointed out except I would not play Edwards as he is listed as "Probable" and has already shown he should be in the 10 man rotation (or at least 11th Smile )

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down