+5
dbrown4
BingBang!
mrkleen09
tardust
worcester
9 posters

Go down

Carson Edwards hits EIGHT 3's in the third Q Empty Carson Edwards hits EIGHT 3's in the third Q

Post by worcester Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Wow! Edwards really shows me a LOT!!!

And little Tremonte was nit too shabby either.
Poirier stepped up, but Javonte ONLY went 6-10. Sixteen for 20 in preseason.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Carson Edwards hits EIGHT 3's in the third Q Empty Re: Carson Edwards hits EIGHT 3's in the third Q

Post by tardust Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:21 pm

I really liked both of them in summer league. I thought Carson should have went higher in the draft anyway after watching him in March madness. Waters reminded me of a more solid player for all phases of the game, defense, passing, and he can score as well. Carson is very explosive as evident from tonights game but thats what he did in college as well. I sure hope we can hold on to both of them. I like both better than Wannamaker. Of course I like him some too. I think one thing for certain is we have some good looking young players that might help us get us something in terms of a trade.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Carson Edwards hits EIGHT 3's in the third Q Empty Re: Carson Edwards hits EIGHT 3's in the third Q

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:58 am

Amazing to think that even if Romeo is a bust, this will go down as a great draft for the Celtics - thanks to Edwards, Waters and Grant Williams.

Edward is exactly what the Celtics have needed for years. A young Eddie House, who can come in - lift the stagnant starters and pump in 6 or 8 points in quick succession. Will be a big part of the Celtics success this year.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:59 am

Both Carson and Tremont are uber talented and really fun to watch. I agree with tardust that Tremont is a better all around player (his cross over dribble is so excellent for its effect and economy of effort) but draining 30 footers as Carson can do is a special talent.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:19 am

OMG!! That was ridiculous! That kid was unconscious!! WOW!

I have to admit I may be expanding back my perception of this kid with that performance and shift back more to Curry with his quick release and dead aim.

I know, it's preseason against what will be the team drafting overall 1st for the 80th time this century, but I'm not sure it's going to matter. It appeared early on he wasn't going to figure out the point guard position but once Brad started running plays for him, it was lights out. These are still his peers he's playing against.

Let's not discount Waters either with his quiet 24 and 7. Rounding out Honorable Mention with Green going 16 and 9.

CE's 3-draining way opened the lane. Once he figures out how and when to switch to driving for layups vs. 3's...Holy Cow!!

Waters is going to snap some ankles ala Alan Iverson crossovers. We'll get a good dose of reality right out of the shoot next Wednesday. It would be ridiculous if we won. I'm going to guess PHI-5 at least right now for that one without looking. But that's what make a horse race. Nice game guys!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:08 am

Carson has to be part of the regular rotation and play 20+ minutes per game.
Brad is going to have a tough job deciding on minutes for each guy with Boston having such a deep team.
Due to Carson's offensive abilities, Wanamaker will probably only play in garbage time.
It will probably be time later in this season for Danny to trade in some of his young assets for a star.
I think Boston could put together a package for Bradley Beal and not lose Tatum or Kemba.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:56 am

Waters has such a knack for getting in the paint and beating you with guile, hesitation, cleverness, so much fun to watch, he can get someone a shot or beat you once he’s there and it seems like he can get there at will. He will get easy finishes for our bigs. Oh right this is CE’s thread and Carson is in a class of Curry and Thompson from long range, and I said that weeks ago....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:24 pm

The good news, Cowens, is he's OURS!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:52 pm

What an amazing shooting exhibition from Carsen.  

This kid is a stone cold killer.  He will be a significant part of the offense.

Waters handles the ball and runs the point better than Terry Rozier.  He can get to the rim better than Rozier and he shoots the rock better than Rozier.  His pint size may be exploited but his defense is surprising good.  Great positioning and really quick hands.  He plays with pace.

Danny got tremendous value from these two picks.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Kara Lawson has done a great job working with Edwards on refining his shooting and spacing for the NBA game.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 pm

CE is def more advanced than Steph was at this point in Steph's career. He is as good a shooter, a better defender, and stronger. Will he progress as much as Steph did from year one to year 4? I have no idea, but for a 2nd round pick, Danny sure got his money's worth!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:40 pm

worcester wrote:CE is def more advanced than Steph was at this point in Steph's career. He is as good a shooter, a better defender, and stronger. Will he progress as much as Steph did from year one to year 4? I have no idea, but for a 2nd round pick, Danny sure got his money's worth!
+1 I noticed all that too, glad I’m not the only one that saw that....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down