Carsen Edwards' Mirror Was Once So Covered With Goals He Could Barely See Himself

2 posters

Go down

Carsen Edwards' Mirror Was Once So Covered With Goals He Could Barely See Himself Empty Carsen Edwards' Mirror Was Once So Covered With Goals He Could Barely See Himself

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:28 pm

https://www.stack.com/a/carsen-edwards-mirror-was-once-so-covered-with-goals-he-could-barely-see-himself?yptr=yahoo

Carsen Edwards' Mirror Was Once So Covered With Goals He Could Barely See Himself

Updated: October 19, 2019

Carsen Edwards was 11 or 12 years old when his dad asked him a question that left him stumped.

"What are your goals?"

Like most kids that age, Edwards hadn't given it much thought.

But from that point forward, things changed.

As The Athletic's Jay King outlines in a recent article, the past decade of Edwards' life has been largely defined by setting (and subsequently achieving) a list of increasingly ambitious goals.

For Edwards, now a rookie guard for the Boston Celtics, the place to write those goals was his mirror. The mirror was often so plastered with a variety of goals he could barely see his own reflection.

"I couldn't even look at my outfits in the mirror because there's just so much stuff that I have," Edwards told The Athletic.

We've extensively covered the importance of athletes setting and writing down goals, and your mirror is an awesome place to keep those goals.

Since you use your mirror every day, it means your goals are never far from your mind.

Edwards' goals started relatively small, like sinking 200 jump shots a day. They evolved to aspirations like securing a college scholarship. His mirror also often included hand-scribbled facts or phrases meant to motivate himself.

"I was ranked 30-something in Texas (in the recruiting rankings) and I just put, 'Everyone thinks there are 29 people better than you in the state.' Things like that. Just stuff to keep you motivated when you wake up and you see it every day. So I can just continue to push and get better," Edwards said.

"It pissed me off, but sometimes that's stuff you need."

Edwards' goal-oriented mentality helped him become a two-time All-American at Purdue. Now in the NBA, his current goals center mainly around consistency.

"Now it's just stuff like, continue to be consistent," says Edwards.

"That's a goal of mine: to be consistent and do the same thing every single day, and know that every time I'm here they can expect this from me."

But Edwards doesn't limit the canvases for his goals solely to his mirror.

Per ESPN, prior to each game, Edwards writes a series of phrases on the athletic tape that adorns his left wrist. They read:

HELP MAMA OUT. THANK GOD. HAVE FUN. KILL EVERYTHING.

He certainly accomplished that last one during his first NBA pre-season.

Edwards averaged 15.3 points on 18.3 minutes per game, and a performance where he sank 8 three-pointers in a single quarter left Boston fans buzzing.

He continues to use his mirror as a place to keep goals and motivational phrases to this day. Considering 32 players were selected before him in the 2019 NBA Draft, he's probably not short on material.

bob
MY NOTE: This kid is going to be fun to watch. F. U. N.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Carsen Edwards' Mirror Was Once So Covered With Goals He Could Barely See Himself Empty Re: Carsen Edwards' Mirror Was Once So Covered With Goals He Could Barely See Himself

Post by dbrown4 Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:05 pm

Hey this group will by him a full, wall-length mirror if he needs it!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down