Who will be the Celtics MVP this season?

+7
NYCelt
worcester
gyso
dboss
RosalieTCeltics
kdp59
bobheckler
11 posters

Go down

Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_lcap13%Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_lcap13%Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_lcap0%Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_lcap6%Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_lcap25%Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_lcap0%Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_lcap6%Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_lcap31%Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 16

Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Empty Who will be the Celtics MVP this season?

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:04 pm

MY NOTE:  From Celticsblog, but a good question for us to ask and answer ourselves.  Please, when you cast your vote, explain what your decision is based upon.  Points/game?  Sparkplug?  Defensive anchor?  Big Play Maker?  Etc...Vote cancelling is allowed, so you can change your mind.  Multiple choices are also allowed but you must explain why you voted for more than one player and what you think each of your choices will do to justify your decision to include them.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/10/19/20917649/who-will-be-the-boston-celtics-mvp-this-season-kemba-walker-tatum-brown-hayward

Could it be Kemba Walker or Jayson Tatum or someone else?

By Jeff Clark@celticsblog  Oct 19, 2019, 2:00pm EDT

Make no mistake, Kemba Walker enters the season as the favorite to be the team MVP. He has the pedigree, paycheck, and perchance (sorry, I wanted to do alliteration) to be the leader of this team on and off the court. However, he’s also unselfish and has already expressed a desire to see some of his usage rate dip this season. It stands to reason that he’d be comfortable with letting someone else shine. But who else?

Jayson Tatum is an obvious choice. He’s got the tools, the temperament, and the trajectory (there I go again) to be an All Star this year. He’d be a logical pick if it isn’t Kemba.

But what about Jaylen Brown? He’s made strides during last season (after a rough early stretch) and has added to his game over the summer. He’s also in a contract year and could be very motivated to taking that leap.

Hey, there’s also Gordon Hayward who was a star in Utah and could find that swagger once again.

I will never again doubt Marcus Smart, so let’s throw his name in the hat as well.

Are there any other dark horse candidates? I can’t think of any unless you have really high hopes for Enes Kanter.

So who do you think is going to be the team MVP?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Empty Re: Who will be the Celtics MVP this season?

Post by kdp59 Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:10 pm

I voted Sabonis!!

see my avatar please!!!

What a Face

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Celtics MVP this season? Empty Re: Who will be the Celtics MVP this season?

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:37 pm

Interesting question. But then you all know who I voted for!!!! Listening last night to the Celtic preview show, our team is nothing without Al Horford. Philly is going to win the title, Embid is the MVP of the league, Al is the glue that will hold it all together, along with the overpaid Simmons.

It was strange listening to them talk about Giannis, saying he is only 70 percent of what he is going to be but the Bucks will not win the ECF,

The pressure is on Hayward, it is this year or bust for him. If he does as well as I expect him to, he is the X factor for the Celtics.
The center position is the big question, decided by who we are playing and how good certain particular players are playing.

Offense should not be a problem, I think we will be fun to watch and, if these guys go back to the way they CAN play defense, who knows where we will land.

Still can't give up on Sabonis huh???????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:44 pm

I voted for Kemba Walker because he is the 3rd in a string of PG's that led the Celtics in scoring.  It is hard to be an MVP if you do not put the ball in the hole more than everybody else on the team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:16 pm

Tatum

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:33 am

The MVP trophy is named after which leading scorer? Oh, yes. After non-leading scorer Bill Russell. I voted for Marcus Smart. He will repeat as a first team all NBA defender, have admirable assist numbers - up to 5 ast per game, and average 12 ppg whike shooting 37% from 3.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:14 am

worcester wrote:The MVP trophy is named after which leading scorer? Oh, yes. After non-leading scorer Bill Russell. I voted for Marcus Smart.  He will repeat as a first team all NBA defender, have admirable assist numbers - up to 5 ast per game, and average 12 ppg whike shooting 37% from 3.

Although I voted for Tatum, that is a damn good point you make there.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:17 am

I voted Smart, being the emotional leader and glue.

Kj
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:03 am

After yesterday's festivities, I'm going with JB and not because he has the same last name as I do!

I have liked him from Day 1. Reasoned that he didn't need an agent for his premiere in the league but now realizes the importance of it.

Has a high basketball IQ and for life as well. Takes everything in stride. He knows the deal this season. It's Saturday. It's Moving Day at the Masters. He has put (and kept) the money issues behind him now and the spotlight is on him, among a few others in Boston, including the coach.

That's the great thing about this thread. Few if any teams have more than one potential candidate if any at all. Here we are legitimately talking about at least 4-5 that have a great shot at that title! What a blessing! I think PHI might want to consider taking the balloons down out of the rafters. This Celtic teams is going to give them all the problems they can handle and then some.

And it all starts tomorrow evening. Nothing would blow up the coronation ANY better than for PHI to implode right out of the gate and against the Celtics of all teams. Their perpetual/chronic nemesis. Especially that douche nozzle GM of theirs claiming victory over us already. Please, Brad, bring out the 1969 Game 7 Finals tape! I hate Philly! OK, I'm done!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:27 am

Rosalie,

It is going to be impossible for these elite teams with their All-Stars (LAL, LAC, PHI, MIL) to avoid the injury bugs that are coming, some career ending. And given either the size or the age(s) or both, LAC is really the only one that has a true, legit shot and Kawhi is getting close at 28.

Again, I'll take the Celtics with their above average, specialized players against the Goliaths all the way to the bank. It's worked 17 times over the years and my lifetime. Clearly, I believe the Celtics know what they're doing! Let's see what unravels...

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:27 am

I'm voting for Carsen Edwards.

Grant Williams might be a pleasant surprise, Kemba might replace Irving and Tatum may have a break out year and it might be The Time Lord's time to shine but Carsen Edwards is gonna come out of the blue (or, should I say, "out of the green"?) and just throw every opposing coach's game plan for us out the window.

How can you recognize a game-changer?  When the opposing coach sees a player get up and take off their warmups as they go to check in and they immediately call for someone off their bench to get in the game with him.  When they go from one type of defense to another just because that player is now in the game.  That's gonna be Carsen.  Brad is gonna call Carsen Edwards' number and the opposing coach is gonna look down his bench to find his "Carsen-killer".

Runner Ups for MVP (aka "first losers"):
Robert Williams - stellar rim protection
Jaylen Brown - a step up year
Jayson Tatum - also a step up year.  Our #1 scorer, finally unleashed.

But, in the end, I'm going with Our Microwave.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:39 am

This team must be good with no clear cut MVP candidate
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:45 am

I voted for Brown , but I got nothing that hasn't already been said. More of a hunch than anything else.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:19 am

Hi,
Are you guys crazy - no one voted for Taco!? Shocked
I voted JT (am also senile, I know).
Also, it's great that we have so many candidates. Now, we need to vote in April.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

dboss,

EXACTLY!!!!! Rest of NBA BEWARE!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:06 pm

dbrown4 wrote:After yesterday's festivities, I'm going with JB and not because he has the same last name as I do!

I have liked him from Day 1.  Reasoned that he didn't need an agent for his premiere in the league but now realizes the importance of it.  

Has a high basketball IQ and for life as well.  Takes everything in stride.  He knows the deal this season.  It's Saturday.  It's Moving Day at the Masters.  He has put (and kept) the money issues behind him now and the spotlight is on him, among a few others in Boston, including the coach.  

That's the great thing about this thread.  Few if any teams have more than one potential candidate if any at all.  Here we are legitimately talking about at least 4-5 that have a great shot at that title!  What a blessing!  I think PHI might want to consider taking the balloons down out of the rafters.  This Celtic teams is going to give them all the problems they can handle and then some.  

And it all starts tomorrow evening.  Nothing would blow up the coronation ANY better than for PHI to implode right out of the gate and against the Celtics of all teams.  Their perpetual/chronic nemesis.  Especially that douche nozzle GM of theirs claiming victory over us already.  Please, Brad, bring out the 1969 Game 7 Finals tape!  I hate Philly!  OK, I'm done!

db          
                                                          He's a world traveler too, like bobh
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down