Ktron
bobheckler
NYCelt
sinus007
cowens/oldschool
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do the Celtics fix their season? Empty How do the Celtics fix their season?

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:14 am

I welcome all knowledge and opinions of this astute board.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

How do the Celtics fix their season? Empty Re: How do the Celtics fix their season?

Post by sinus007 Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:32 am

Cow,
I'd say find a new coach. One of the obvious suggestions. I'm not sure if it can save the season, though.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

How do the Celtics fix their season? Empty Re: How do the Celtics fix their season?

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:34 am

I think the medical/training staff has to be reevaluated and possibly changed. All teams are dealing with the brutal schedule, but we look so lethargic in so many games. How can we be so worn out? like in losses to the Pistons and Wizards that just should not happen, it seems other players always step up and our guys look worn out. This is especially true in the 4th quarter as we have not been able to close games all year. Meanwhile guys like Embid, Lebron, Steph Curry, Luka are having great years and fresher than our top guys. What is the training staff doing or not doing that our players are so worn out this early in the season? A lot of teams are also having problems and a lot of teams are dealing with it better than us. A great example of a guy in question is Robert Williams, how can a 23 year old stud, not get healthy with our staff after 3 years  and we still have to baby him with kid gloves?

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:37 am; edited 3 times in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:35 am

sinus007 wrote:Cow,
I'd say find a new coach. One of the obvious suggestions. I'm not sure if it can save the season, though.

AK

I’m in agreement, he looks so in over his head since the zone call....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:18 pm

We knew the first half would be rough, I'm not too surprised so far. What is disturbing to me is I thought the trend would be turning by now. With Smart injured and Kemba among the walking wounded we're going the other way.

I'm not so sure the fix is during the season at this point, but maybe after.

Smart has turned a season around with his return before. I think we need to see what happens when he returns after the break. An evaluation needs to be made on Walker and the team needs to see if RWIII is as ready for a bigger role as he looks. Nesmith is making progress too, and his ceiling needs to be determined. I think once all these factors are clear, the front office can determine if they're shopping for a couple of players or blowing it up and starting again.

Looks like a summer project either way.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:07 pm

At the risk of repeating myself:

1.  Clear out the dead wood as much as possible.  That means moving Teague, for one.  I'd be ok with Edwards being gone too.  In fact, as I said in an earlier post, I'm good with everybody except 3-4 players being on the block.  I'm not calling for a full rebuild, or even a significant rebuild, but don't treat most of our roster like they are the geese that lay golden eggs.  They aren't.  If Kemba goes I guess we'd have to describe that as a "significant rebuild" but I'm not saying we absolutely, positively should do that.  Kemba's looking better, albeit very inconsistent.  His explosiveness is mostly back, so we're not in dire straits with him, not anymore.  

2.  Get us a needle-moving big.  Easier said than done, of course, but that's why I don't have an office inside The Auerbach Center.  Vucevic would be good.  Not necessarily the apple of my eye, but he would definitely help to reduce our 4th quarter scoring swoons.  I'm open to others, but probably not Drummond.  He's ridiculously expensive @ > $28M/year, and this is his last contract year.  WAY too expensive for a < 1 year rental, and I doubt we could afford to sign him next year.

3.  Replace Teague with a floor general.  A distributor.  Rondo is listed as questionable for tonight's game in Atlanta, still suffering from back pain.  "Questionable" means he's almost back.  We need 15-20mpg from him, that's all.  He's averaging 15mpg with Atlanta now and that's all I want.  Hell, I know he isn't who he used to be!  All I really want, when I boil it right down to its essence, is Playoff Rondo.  Rondo is making $7.5M this year and next, so we're talking about taking on a total of $15M in contract.  It doesn't have to be Rondo, of course, but to satisfy me it has to be a playoff-tested veteran floor general, and that describes him to a "T" but if you come up with another name I'm all ears.  Pritchard can get minutes now, develop him now, but I don't want to have to live-or-die on a rookie in the playoffs.  

4.  Run more plays for Nesmith.  He's a shooter, that's why we drafted him.  Brad's system is to drive the ball and touch the paint and then decide whether to finish or kick the ball out if/when the defense collapses on you.  Well, run a play for Nesmith where he's the open shooter.  "Catch-and-Shoot" at a high efficiency is why he was a lottery pick.  Shooters only need to see the ball go through the nets once.  Nesmith, due to being a rookie, might need to see it a few more times than that, needs to see the closing rates of NBA defenders first-hand, but I'll bet it won't take too many more.  Just like with Pritchard, season him now.  If Danny gets us a floor general we might not need a ballhandler like Pritchard in the playoffs but we almost certainly will need a shooter like Nesmith.

5.  Regardless if Danny gets us that big I'm begging for or not we need to figure out what combinations of bigs work.  I'd like to make RWill the centerpiece of this experiment.  RWill and Theis, RWill and Thompson, but RWill and someone not yet here.  I realize RWill cannot play all 48, so there will be a pairings without him, but the kid needs to understand his role not just as "the big" but as one of them, and which?  His role with a bruiser like Thompson will be different than with a player more capable of playing outside, a more finesse player like Theis.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:14 pm

Unless there is a Greg Popovich itch type out there I don’t think changing the Head Coach is the long term answer. Brad must change some things and adapt but I still think he is one of the better coaches in this league.
Danny needs to find that player or two who are going to make a difference, especially at the end of games. That means anyone on this team is fair game. As I said on another thread, this team is like Christmas in July-NO NUTS!
Danny needs to find these players within a short half open window with a torn screen. I.E. He has till the end of the season to fix this or kick rocks.
It’s obvious that the mix of players we have are not going to cut it.
We can still make a decent run this season and look respectable. There will be no title this year...again.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:36 pm

team plays like their coach, no passion, no emotion, midwest blah!

maybe getting Smart back will fix enough that they will start to win more than they lose this year, at least I guess that's the hope we have right now.

I did watch Brown's after game presser and since he's been the no comment guy a lot recently , it surprised me to hear him say something to the effect of "we got a system, we stuck to it and we lost tonight".

maybe it's nothing....maybe it says a lot.

I'll throw out a head coach IF (big IF) they make a change after this season.

Kevin Garnett

he could bring in Sam Mitchell and Ryan Saunders as his top assistants, who both have multiple years as NBA head coaches.

some may love that idea and others think its dumb as hell.

But I doubt we'd see any of that passive play we've seen form the players this year under KG at least.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:51 pm

kdp59 wrote:team plays like their coach, no passion, no emotion, midwest blah!

maybe getting Smart back will fix enough that they will start to win more than they lose this year, at least I guess that's the hope we have right now.

I did watch Brown's after game presser and since he's been the no comment guy a lot recently , it surprised me to hear him say something to the effect of "we got a system, we stuck to it and we lost tonight".

maybe it's nothing....maybe it says a lot.

I'll throw out a head coach IF (big IF) they make a change after this season.

Kevin Garnett

he could bring in Sam Mitchell and Ryan Saunders as his top assistants, who both have multiple years as NBA head coaches.

some may love that idea and others think its dumb as hell.

But I doubt we'd see any of that passive play we've seen form the players this year under KG at least.

I think KG would make a terrible coach. THE guy I’d bring in if ex-player would no doubt be Kendrick Perkins! Both he and Rondo would be terrific head coaches in the future.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:09 pm

As much as I love KG, and I like the thought of him as a coach, he would bring some passion for sure. Could he coach his way out of a paper bag in the NBA is another question altogether. If you want passion, hire KG. Crazy passion. He might blow a gasket though.

Kendrick? Much more stable AND an ass kicker. That might be the ticket. Add Rondo as an assistant and it might start raining banners in Boston. Kendrick would look and act a whole lot like Pop. He'd keep it together for most of the game but when the wheels started coming off the wagon like they have so many times this season, he would literally rip someone's head off and would get EVERYONE'S attention.

That's what this team needs. Not the Brad Steven's acting like Phil Jackson I'm not calling time out, you guys figure it out on your own, I'm just watching from the sidelines not coaching until it's too late and we're down by 40 points approach.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:52 pm

I believe that the Cs will turn around as soon as they can get Marcus Smart back to full health.

Smart is perhaps the best player on the team, BUT he is the team's Most Necessary Player!

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:53 pm

Would be great to have KG and Perk as assistant coaches... There are your motivators. Brad can keep his beautiful XO game plan and let the leaders lead then. Perhaps he will finally learn how to do it himself from them as well.

Do not think it is in the cards, but would be a welcome sight Smile

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:57 pm

That's a great idea Vankisa! But you would have to clear all of Brad out and that would include his assistant coaches, etc.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:34 pm

Ktron wrote:Unless there is a Greg Popovich itch type out there I don’t think changing the Head Coach is the long term answer. Brad must change some things and adapt but I still think he is one of the better coaches in this league.
Danny needs to find that player or two who are going to make a difference, especially at the end of games. That means anyone on this team is fair game. As I said on another thread, this team is like Christmas in July-NO NUTS!
Danny needs to find these players within a short half open window with a torn screen. I.E. He has till the end of the season to fix this or kick rocks.
It’s obvious that the mix of players we have are not going to cut it.
We can still make a decent run this season and look respectable. There will be no title this year...again.

I think he has had some success, but this is a copy cat league and the competition goes out of its way to beat you, with strategy, personnel, anything they can and teams have so figured us out and for the first time Brad is in a crisis, results would say he has lost the team, we cannot put teams away, we cannot beat the bad teams now, forget about the good ones. Approaching the all star game, the franchises 2 stars are regressing at an alarming rate. The issue with Tatum is scary and frightening suddenly, he looks like he has covid fatigue, after tonites performance he looks like he shouldn’t even be on the floor, he played so bad. The player that carried us over the Clippers is gone/done, never seen anything like it, a young superstar to be’s game falling apart so bad. So a bad draft or 2, under this leadership/coaching now suddenly PP’s game is falling apart, rookie Nesmith is now necessary as a defensive stopper, that’s how thin we are. Bad FA signings, TT is still good at boarding, but we’re so bad in so many other areas, whether he grabs 6 or 12 boards is inconsequential. Our perimeter defense has collapsed, I already mentioned how tired we look, playing this stretch with no energy in other threads. So now Brad has a lot to deal with and doesn’t have options on the floor or bench to get him out of this. Bad drafting, imagine if we had some vets like even Jordan Clarkson or Bobby Portis or fill in the blank. Joe Harris was a FA, he’s the dead eye shooter right now that Nesmith might grow into in 3 years. We used the draft on too many marginal players, instead of getting some good 28 year old vets that know how to play, they would probably be better than Teague, GWill, Semi, PP lately, suddenly having to rely on them to get us out of this funk is scary with the wheels falling off overworked dinged up 2 J’s. So it’s not all on Stevens, but there are too many factors working against him. Biggest concern right now is regression of 2 J’s, Tatum’s health....????

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:34 pm

The return of Marcus Smart should help to stabilize this team.  But that is not a fix.  Marcus will not let this team sleep on defense so I think we will get better with his return.

I do not think that a midseason coaching change would be a fix for this year.  Things will have to playout for the remainder of the season.  Brad may not be capable of change.  I think we are stuck with a coach who has done all that he can do with this team.  

If Danny Ainge uses the better part of our large TPE it needs to be for a guy south of 30.  Truth be told Danny should not have added TT to the mix but I cannot see them moving him now unless it was to upgrade the center spot.  We should assume maybe in the off season he will become more of a trade asset.

The fix scenarios cannot be accomplished without changes to the roster.  For the remainder of this season barring any trades I would

Insert RW into the starting lineup for TT.    

Send Kemba Walker to the bench as our designated hitter (6th man) where he can carry the offense for our second unit.

Start Marcus Smart at the point.

Start Theis or Semi at PF or insert AN into a  3 wing lineup where appropriate.

It is time to change our starting lineup

Long term we need to extricate ourselves from Kemba Walker, Tristian Thompson, Grant Williams, Carson Edwards and Tremont Waters.  Romeo Langford can also be moved and he will not be missed.  Even with all the Amber alerts he is still no where to be found.  AN makes RL expendable.

With regards to Brad Stevens he has lost control over this team and is no longer able to get them to play a certain way.  Aside from that he is a very poor game manager and lacks the capacity to adjust in game.  His rotations are bad in just about every game.  His team Knows there is no consequence for failure to pass or move, taking a bad shot, missing a rotational assignment or lollygagging in transition.  His tenure seems problematic.

Danny Ainge has lost his shine.  He needs to make something happen to improve the roster and should focus on team needs.  The Kember Walker signing was just plain bad.  TT and JT, not good.  GH for a TPE, undetermined but right now not good because we do not have a replacement for what GH gave us albeit when he could play.

For a long time Celtics fan, there is nothing worse than losing therefore if changes are made I am ok with it.  I am not concerned about getting a new coach or a new GM.  I do not think either of them can  fix the problems they created.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Spot on dboss. However, Wyc gives me the impression that the TPE won't be used until summer, so the best we can hope for this season is that Pritchard, RW, and AN get some more playing time to develop further, that we get a decent draft pick out of this wretched season, and that someone recognizes Romeo's face off a milk carton and gets the FBI to rescue him from wherever he has been waylayed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:01 am

worcester wrote:Spot on dboss. However, Wyc gives me the impression that the TPE won't be used until summer, so the best we can hope for this season is that Pritchard, RW, and AN get some more playing time  to develop further, that we get a decent draft pick out of this wretched season, and that someone recognizes Romeo's face off a milk carton and gets the FBI to rescue him from wherever he has been waylayed.

Worcester

Wyc's message to Celtics Nation is basically to forget about a title this year. The roster is too inexperienced and average talent wise so even the use of the TPE this year may not greatly enhance our opportunity to be a top contender. The problem with the configuration of the team will certainly take time to fix. However, if there is a guy out there that provides this team with an on going concern (a keeper) there is no reason not to begin the fix now.

Danny had a short off season to repair all the damage but other than doing fairly well in the draft he did nothing to make this team better. It is very interesting that Wyc and Danny remain sky high on the J's but do not even mention Kemba Walker. The reason is pretty obvious. The Celtics management team is going through a sever case of buyer's remorse. Danny tried to trade Kemba before the start of the season and was not able to make a deal. Kemba is the elephant in the room blocking the exit ramp. Kemba is owed over $90 million. Danny cannot win a deal to move Kemba. He needs to add some draft picks to a deal to move him.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:12 am

I had mentioned awhile ago Kemba should come off the bench for the exact reasons dboss just mentioned. I do not know the state of RWill’s health, but a shame in his 3rd year we can’t get more minutes out of him when all the fans and even Mike Gorman is begging for more minutes from that kid because it’s so obvious we need more from a force like that. Which is why in my earlier post I questioned the medical/training staff, that they cannot keep or get our assets healthy.

Smart does not make others better in the traditional way like Bird or Magic, what he does is take so much defensive pressure off 2 J’s by being that pit bull on guards and wings. Not only his on the ball defense, his taking charges and weakside help constantly attacking all over floor at key times wherever the ball is, takes so much pressure off 2 J’s. With him our perimeter D has been a strength for years, without him 2 J’s getting worn out and too many whippet like guards too easily get past them. Tatum and Brown are better on other wings, with so much more all around responsibility, having to score, lead and set up others, their defense has slipped noticeably without Smarts intense help.

We had a game recently where each big went off with amazing efficiency numbers and bigs were passing to each other for open looks as were 2 J’s further setting the bigs up, then we never tried that again...??? Went back to all iso me ball. Why not run more high post offense with bigs feeding J’s cutting on baseline? Do something, anything? This coach is always behind the 8 ball in in game adjustments as dboss also pointed out, anyone getting tired of seeing J’s work so hard to drive thru, around a stacked defense waiting for them? Stevens has a worn out team that is lost, oh wait we’re supposed to offer ways to fix this....

Okay when Smart gets back, go with Smart Jaylen Jayson Theis RWill as starters, the bench should be Nesmith Kemba TT PP. Get a big time nutritionist, acupuncturist, better massage therapists. I know it’s a very strange year, but this team has to find a way to play with energy again.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:33 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:I had mentioned awhile ago Kemba should come off the bench for the exact reasons dboss just mentioned. I do not know the state of RWill’s health, but a shame in his 3rd year we can’t get more minutes out of him when all the fans and even Mike Gorman is begging for more minutes from that kid because it’s so obvious we need more from a force like that. Which is why in my earlier post I questioned the medical/training staff, that they cannot keep or get our assets healthy.

Smart does not make others better in the traditional way like Bird or Magic, what he does is take so much defensive pressure off 2 J’s by being that pit bull on guards and wings. Not only his on the ball defense, his taking charges and weakside help constantly attacking all over floor at key times wherever the ball is, takes so much pressure off 2 J’s. With him our perimeter D has been a strength for years, without him 2 J’s getting worn out and too many whippet like guards too easily get past them. Tatum and Brown are better on other wings, with so much more all around responsibility, having to score, lead and set up others, their defense has slipped noticeably without Smarts intense help.

We had a game recently where each big went off with amazing efficiency numbers and bigs were passing to each other for open looks as were 2 J’s further setting the bigs up, then we never tried that again...??? Went back to all iso me ball. Why not run more high post offense with bigs feeding J’s cutting on baseline? Do something, anything? This coach is always behind the 8 ball in in game adjustments as dboss also pointed out, anyone getting tired of seeing J’s work so hard to drive thru, around a stacked defense waiting for them? Stevens has a worn out team that is lost, oh wait we’re supposed to offer ways to fix this....

Okay when Smart gets back, go with Smart Jaylen Jayson Theis RWill as starters, the bench should be Nesmith Kemba TT PP. Get a big time nutritionist, acupuncturist, better massage therapists. I know it’s a very strange year, but this team has to find a way to play with energy again.

Cowens

If Brad benches Kemba it would be an epiphany.  Kemba is more concerned about scoring than he is making assists.  He is a shoot first PG so let him do that....off the bench.

We had a rare productive 3 headed center showing a few games back but I think that was an anomaly.  Our center play has been up and down all year resembling a group of Bigs recovering from a bad batch of Viagra.

Rob miss a game on the 11th and 12th with a sore hip injury.  He's played in 25 games this year.  He looged only 14 minutes in each of the past 2 games after playing 21 in the NOLA game.  I think it is more likely a case of DNPM  (Did Not Play Much)  coaches decision.  i do not buy into the theory that Brad is managing his minutes for health reason.  In both game that he only logged 14 minutes Grant played 7 minutes and then 21 minutes in the Atlanta debacle.  Grant scored zero points and had just 2 rebounds in 21 minutes.  The pattern is pretty clear.  Robert had 6 points and 4 rebounds.  the biggest problem with RWIII is the guy sitting in the Coaches chair.  He likely experience an analytic flash that went off like an alarm that Rob was at 14 minutes of playing time.  Rob looks fine on the court.  He is running and jumping and passing and scoring and in general, bringing energy to the floor.  Brad Steven is an idiot of a coach and has been playing Rob like yoyo.

Too bad they will not let us make out the lineup card.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:09 am

I don't know guys.

Kemba off the bench? No way.

He's the favorite benching target in some circles lately, but his scoring is needed. He can and does pass and create for others, but needs to do it more. He doesn't defend, and that's been known since he was a rookie.

He came in to help boost the offense as a starting guard and I think that's all he ever will be until he departs.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:18 am

Hi,
I don't think that shuffling players will solve the current team situation. It may help but not solve.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:09 am

NYCelt wrote:I don't know guys.

Kemba off the bench? No way.

He's the favorite benching target in some circles lately, but his scoring is needed. He can and does pass and create for others, but needs to do it more. He doesn't defend, and that's been known since he was a rookie.

He came in to help boost the offense as a starting guard and I think that's all he ever will be until he departs.

NYCelt

let me expand on my thought process about Kemba

He is on a maintenance plan that prevents him from playing in B2B games. This has a negative impact on the chemistry of the starting unit. We have 6 more B2B games this season.

We are missing a veteran scorer off the bench.

Marcus Smart leads the team with 6.1 assists per game while Kemba has only 4.1 per game.

Kemba is a weak defender not just in his inability to guard his own position but also in the switch everything schemes that Brad employs.

Marcus is the mirror opposite of Kemba in terms of his defensive abilities and he is a more willing passer.

The Celtics starting unit will always be flawed because of Kemba.

The Celtics were 10-6 when Kemba was out and since his return they are 5-11. All of those losses are not on him but he is clearly a big part of the problem.

A team that has gone from being 4 games over .500 to 2 games below .500 has to make changes. try something different. Tweak the lineup.

The player most impacted by Kemba's return has been Jaylen Brown in terms of when and where he gets the ball. Kemba needs the ball to be effective but all he does is pound it to a pulp while the shot clock ticks down and reduces opportunities to get a good shot.

Sinus007

No this will not solve everything. But the way I am looking at this is pragmatically . We are in 9th freakin place and sniffing the lottery toilet bowl as we continue to slide down. Our current starting unit is not working. Brad goes 2 bigs and then not. Semi in and then not. Brad fills his lineup based on matchups so why not try Walker off the bench?

We have 4 games before the ASG break. If we continue to lose games a change has to be made.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:24 am

NY Celt I gotta agree with dboss, our starting defense used to get off to better starts, then teams figured us out, attack the weakest link. Coincidentally since he has been starting and no Smart is just a terrible dilemma. We need a scorer off the bench, Kemba would be more effective against subs and give the 2nd team needed direction. He might need load management the rest of his career, unfortunately. He could still help us similar to how Dragic helped the Heat off the bench, even though he also has missed a lot of games this year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:09 am

dboss wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:I had mentioned awhile ago Kemba should come off the bench for the exact reasons dboss just mentioned. I do not know the state of RWill’s health, but a shame in his 3rd year we can’t get more minutes out of him when all the fans and even Mike Gorman is begging for more minutes from that kid because it’s so obvious we need more from a force like that. Which is why in my earlier post I questioned the medical/training staff, that they cannot keep or get our assets healthy.

Cowens

If Brad benches Kemba it would be an epiphany.  Kemba is more concerned about scoring than he is making assists.  He is a shoot first PG so let him do that....off the bench.

We had a rare productive 3 headed center showing a few games back but I think that was an anomaly.  Our center play has been up and down all year resembling a group of Bigs recovering from a bad batch of Viagra.

Rob miss a game on the 11th and 12th with a sore hip injury.  He's played in 25 games this year.  He looged only 14 minutes in each of the past 2 games after playing 21 in the NOLA game.  I think it is more likely a case of DNPM  (Did Not Play Much)  coaches decision.  i do not buy into the theory that Brad is managing his minutes for health reason.  In both game that he only logged 14 minutes Grant played 7 minutes and then 21 minutes in the Atlanta debacle.  Grant scored zero points and had just 2 rebounds in 21 minutes.  The pattern is pretty clear.  Robert had 6 points and 4 rebounds.  the biggest problem with RWIII is the guy sitting in the Coaches chair.  He likely experience an analytic flash that went off like an alarm that Rob was at 14 minutes of playing time.  Rob looks fine on the court.  He is running and jumping and passing and scoring and in general, bringing energy to the floor.  Brad Steven is an idiot of a coach and has been playing Rob like yoyo.

Too bad they will not let us make out the lineup card.

Dboss we are seeing too much of J’s using too much energy attacking stacked defenses over and over, a lot of pundits are questioning Brads motivational skills, he needs to mix up his strategies a lot more I believe. On GWill, at first I thought he was possibly a starter level player, a better version of Ryan Gomes or Baby, now he’s really struggling, no energy off the bench and a defensive liability that has very little scoring ability. He and Semi seem to show up every 4th game and hit a few needed 3’s. If RWill does not get more minutes the rest of the way, Stevens is an idiot for holding him back, but they even announced they were limiting his minutes because of on going left hip issues....at this point if we lose the next 4 games before all star break, then may be time for tank mode. Already saw a thread for that on Celtics Blog, and give suddenly fragile J’s load management, as all teams except a few are struggling with the covid protocols and schedule which kills teams with depth issues.

Any good centers in the draft?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:50 pm

Guys i hear ya about using Kemba off the bench but as NY said he was brought in for a different reason. He needs to start. Need a scorer off the bench? We have an exemption or 2, go get IT if thats the case, or someone else. Kemba either needs to start or not be here. The b2b is not permanent and he has looked better. We definitely need more scoring to relieve some of the starters. There’s a few out there. We all know one and it can be done. But then again look who’s running the ship....DODO DAN

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next