cowens/oldschool
dboss
kdp59
8 posters

Go down

Brown extension done Empty Brown extension done

Post by kdp59 Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:49 pm

Jaylen Brown, Celtics agree to extension

Adrian Wojnarowski: Boston Celtics forward Jaylen Brown has agreed to a four-year, $115M million contract extension, agent Jason Glushon tells ESPN. 51 mins ago – via Twitter wojespn
Top Rumors, Jason Glushon, Salaries, Jaylen Brown, Boston Celtics
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Brown extension done Empty Re: Brown extension done

Post by kdp59 Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Chris Haynes: Yahoo Sources: Jaylen Brown’s four-year extension with Boston does not contain a team option or player option. – via Twitter ChrisBHaynes
Top Rumors, Salaries, Jaylen Brown,

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:54 pm

Sabonis from the Pacers and Murray at SA were also due for extensions and get done so far today.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:57 pm

I forgot Hield and of course we Siakam was reported here earlier

Buddy Hield agrees to four-year extension
Sam Amick: Source tells @TheAthletic the Kings have agreed to terms on a four-year extension with Buddy Hield worth $86 million in guaranteed money and with $20 million in possible incentives. Big win for both sides to avoid a split here. sides.theathletic.com/1301055/2019/1…
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:11 pm

article says there MAY be incentives in that over all total qouted , per link:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-celtics-signing-jaylen-brown-202924155.html
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:49 pm

This is great news for Jaylen, The Boston Celtics and us fans.

A reasonable deal.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Great !!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:15 pm

I'm glad, one less thing to worry about. For everyone.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Super news, and once again it shows how misinformed the rumor mill can be. So glad this got done.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:23 pm

I am delighted that this is out of the way and will not be hanging over the team this year. I, for one, feel Jaylen has just hit the tip of the iceberg with regard to his game. One less worry, and, I am sure he is delighted to have this over with.

Now lets get the season underway so we can finally enjoy our team again!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:35 pm

There are more reasons why this is an excellent decison but here are 5 to ponder

·        He is a young stud that continues to get better and his versatility makes him a very valuable asset. 

·        The Celtics avoided a bidding war entering the summer of 2020

·        The 4 year deal is not a max deal which makes it easier to extend JT next summer.

·        Uncertainty during the season about his long term status has been eliminated.

·       The signing is a clear indication that Brown is part of the Celtics long term strategy.  It really clarifies where 
        Danny is going.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:11 pm

I totally agree with your points. I do think one of the biggest ones is that Danny did not want to get into a bidding war. I just had said this to my son yesterday, I felt there was a good chance Jaylen would sign. He likes it here, he likes Boston, has gotten involved with things outside of basketball around here and likes the culture. This was a good sign, gives Jason something to think about thru the year. They will by our version of The Splash Brothers, What shall we name them? The Smash Brothers??????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:15 pm

He actually gave them/us a little discount, a lot of teams are bummed they now cannot offer the max. Hope Tatum does the same thing, let’s us have a little discount. Gotta love Tom Brady, always taking less.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I totally agree with your points. I do think one of the biggest ones is that Danny did not want to get into a bidding war. I just had said this to my son yesterday, I felt there was a good chance Jaylen would sign. He likes it here, he likes Boston, has gotten involved with things outside of basketball around here and likes the culture.  This was a good sign, gives Jason something to think about thru the year. They will by our version of The Splash Brothers, What shall we name them? The Smash Brothers??????
Was listening to Steven A today interviewing Jeff Van Gundy today on radio, they were talking about Clippers vs Lakers and Van Gundy was really bloviating about the wing duo of Kawhi and Paul George saying they are an all time historic wing tandem that can lockdown. Agreed they are really good/great and he was saying complimentary things over and over....then was thinking we’ve got a younger version of that tandem together right now. Where’s Lebron gonna be 5 years from now and Kawhi and George? As good as they are Kawhi and George are already battling injuries last few years.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:48 am

True Cow, our J&J guys are 23 and 21. Still growing into their manhood strength. Think about that!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:21 am

worcester wrote:True Cow, our J&J guys are 23 and 21. Still growing into their manhood strength. Think about that!
Right worse every team that has won a championship in recent years has had a dominant all world wing. We might have 2 of them, where’s Lebron, Kawhi and PG gonna be in 5 years, all will be near the end and our kids will be 26-28. No question they got the goods, every GM wants to build off multi talented wings, how far can they carry the franchise...??? We are gonna find out, will be a great ride!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:07 am

Quite a pay day!

Wonder if he'll grow his hair back?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:23 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-heres-financial-breakdown-214925672.html

NBA rumors: Here's the financial breakdown of Jaylen Brown's contract extension

Nick Goss, NBC Sports Boston

15 hours ago

Boston Celtics forward Jaylen Brown signed a contract extension Monday just a few hours before the 6 p.m. ET deadline, and details about the terms of the deal are starting to surface.

Brown's deal is now official, and the reported terms of the extension are $115 million over four years. The entire contract isn't guaranteed, however. The Athletic's Jay King reported there are $12 million in incentives as part of the contract.

Later on, Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes reported the specifics of Brown's incentives:

Chris Haynes
✔
@ChrisBHaynes
Yahoo Sources: On Jaylen Brown’s four-year extension, he can secure $8M in incentives if he wins MVP, DPOY or makes one of three All-NBA Teams. He pockets $4M if plays 65 or more games, team wins 49 or more games and reaches second round of playoffs. Total guaranteed salary $103M

4:03 PM - Oct 21, 2019

Haynes also reported Monday that Brown's new contract "does not contain a team option or player option."

The 22-year-old forward would have been a restricted free agent next summer if he and the C's didn't come to an agreement before Monday's deadline. It's the first rookie extension for a Celtics player since 2009 when Rajon Rondo inked a five-year contract.

Brown has averaged 11.2 points and four rebounds per game on 46.2 percent shooting and 36.5 percent from 3-point range over his first three seasons. He's also a very versatile defender with his 6-foot-7 frame and impressive strength.

The next young Celtics player set for a huge raise is Jayson Tatum, who will be eligible for a rookie extension after the 2019-20 season.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 am

This is the way you build a team that can compete into the future.

You are blessed to draft guys like Smart, Brown and Tatum.  They commit to your team and the team commits to them.

This decision by the Celtics eliminates a lot of uncertainty.  The formula worked well for GSW and it should work well for Boston.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 am

Don't forget CE and TF, maybe GW, RW, and RL too
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content