gyso
Sam
jeb
tjmakz
Brandon$$
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official Kendrick Perkins 2010 Offseason thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Kendrick Perkins 2010 Offseason thread

Post by bigpygme Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:48 pm

wow, worcester's story is amazing !

thanks Sam, and good luck with whatever course you try.

after trying facet joint shots a couple of times, i finally got correctly diagnosed on a 2nd opinion with severe scoliosis (and how the other doc's were missing that curve i'll never know). last summer had a 10 level spinal fusion (yes, as invasive as it gets ! ), and now that pain that brought me in there is just gone.

i needed the surgery, there were no OTC homeopathics that were gonna take care of THAT problem. i asked my first opinion doctor about an inversion table, hanging with feet up and head down, and he actually laughed out loud !

anyway, such good news that the stenosis is actually taken care of, and i hope something you find on here or elsewhere does the trick. and please do report back - it's my neck, now, and it is just arthritis, not curvature (thank God). maybe that hyaluronic acid suggested by bobh is for me, too ...

back to the thread, thx to TJ for the ESPN article. looks like we'll be without our man in the middle for quite a while yet ...

best to all ...
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Official Kendrick Perkins 2010 Offseason thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Kendrick Perkins 2010 Offseason thread

Post by gyso Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:22 pm

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

Celtics center Kendrick Perkins had "successful artrhoscopic knee ligament reconstruction with meniscal repair" Monday, according to a Celtics spokesman. Perkins had surgery nearly four weeks after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament and also damaging his medical collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments in his right knee during Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

He underwent the surgery at New England Baptist Hospital and is expected to miss six months.

Back to top Go down

Official Kendrick Perkins 2010 Offseason thread - Page 2 Empty Perkins Interview

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:07 pm

There isn't any particular thread for this, so...

http://dimemag.com/2010/08/dime-qa-kendrick-perkins-on-rehab-referees-and-new-rivals-in-miami/

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Thanks bob as everyone knows I love the Beast

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:46 am

bobheckler wrote:There isn't any particular thread for this, so...

http://dimemag.com/2010/08/dime-qa-kendrick-perkins-on-rehab-referees-and-new-rivals-in-miami/

bob,

Actually there was, but no problem. Nice read.

Do you really believe that Perk will be back in uniform in mid-February?

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:22 am

bobheckler wrote:sam and beat,

There's another thing I should mention.

I developed "Trigger Finger", also probably 5 years back.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_finger
The cause of Trigger Finger is largely unknown, but the symptoms are an inflammation at a joint, which stretches the tendon over it, resulting in a popping when you move the joint and the tendon slips around the inflammation instead of going over it.

I got a cortisone shot in my hand (it's was actually my pinkie on my dominant hand that got it, not my pointer finger (aka trigger finger), and I was good for a year. I was told that if it came back, the only solution is surgery. Well, the idea of someone cutting up my dominant hand didn't appeal to me. So, I looked for an alternative.

Bromelain is the natural digestive aid in pineapples. When taken on a full stomach, it will help your stomach break down the food and digest it. Very helpful when you overeat (which, of course, none of us ever do).

Taken on an empty stomach, however, it has a different effect. It still looks for stuff to break down but, since your stomach is empty, it goes out into your body and breaks down inflammations. My trigger finger is gone now. Gone.

The -itis in arthritis means "inflammation".

Hyaluronic Acid hydrates joints, creates cartilage and connects it. Good stuff for joints that aren't as fluid as they used to be. Bromelain reduces inflammation, which is a source of pain and limited movement in arthritic joints.

I take 500mg of Bromelain, once a day, on an empty stomach (I wake up, walk into the bathroom and take it before I shower or anything else). This brand is good, but there are many others that are too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Doctors-Best-Quercetin-Bromelain-180-Caps-FreeShipping-/330301525136?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ce7814c90

bob

somehow I missed all this great info,thanks bob,I have achkey joints from time to time......will definitely look into this

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:11 am

Bob, I really appreciate the info about the bromelain treating trigger fingers and inflammation in general. generaly I've been using high does of EPA fish oil to reduce inflammation, especially in arthritics, and now I'll also try bromelain. If it works well, expect a call from the Nobel Prize committee. W
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:33 am

Sam, Thanks for all the compliments. FYI, although I got turned down for the Presidency at the New England School of Acupuncture (they hired an accounatnt!), I just applied to start and run an Acupuncture program at Everglades University here in Florida. Wish me luck.

BSH - Yesterday I heard back form Elena, whose computer was on the fritz. I'm crossing my fingers for an invite to see her this summer in Scotland.

All - the most important challenge I've ever taken on is being a good father, a work that's continually in progress. That's why I like reading about Marcus and the other exploits of our children. Watching the Celtics over the years with my own offspring has been so rewarding on many levels. In fact, I can't think of another shared, emotionally bonding experience that, year after year after year, has afforded us such an opportunity to have fun while learning fundamentals of character and success at the same time.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:54 am

Worcester, I second your comments on fatherhood. It's ironic that several of my most meaningful years were as a single parent. I often wonder whether the bonds we formed would have emerged if we hadn't been thrown together in a "sink or swim" environment.

And best of luck with Everglades University. Just remember that, if you stick needles into those green things with long tails and big teeth, they may not take kindly to it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:59 am

Yes, their bite is worse than their bark!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 am

gyso wrote:
bobheckler wrote:There isn't any particular thread for this, so...

bob,

Actually there was, but no problem. Nice read.

Do you really believe that Perk will be back in uniform in mid-February?

gyso

gyso,

No.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:54 pm

worcester wrote:Sam, Thanks for all the compliments. FYI, although I got turned down for the Presidency at the New England School of Acupuncture (they hired an accounatnt!), I just applied to start and run an Acupuncture program at Everglades University here in Florida. Wish me luck.

BSH - Yesterday I heard back form Elena, whose computer was on the fritz. I'm crossing my fingers for an invite to see her this summer in Scotland.

All - the most important challenge I've ever taken on is being a good father, a work that's continually in progress. That's why I like reading about Marcus and the other exploits of our children. Watching the Celtics over the years with my own offspring has been so rewarding on many levels. In fact, I can't think of another shared, emotionally bonding experience that, year after year after year, has afforded us such an opportunity to have fun while learning fundamentals of character and success at the same time.

worse that is so true the game is just a vehicle for us to share a similar passion,did you see the Celtic pics on my facebook page?think they bleed green?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:09 am

Cow, I'll check it out tonight.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2