Celtics’ Carsen Edwards Says Goodbye To Dreads, Gets Major Haircut

+2
wideclyde
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Celtics’ Carsen Edwards Says Goodbye To Dreads, Gets Major Haircut  Empty Celtics’ Carsen Edwards Says Goodbye To Dreads, Gets Major Haircut

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:43 am

https://nesn.com/2019/11/celtics-carsen-edwards-says-goodbye-to-dreads-gets-major-haircut/

Celtics’ Carsen Edwards Says Goodbye To Dreads, Gets Major Haircut

by NESN Staff on Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 6:49PM

Jaylen Brown grabbed the attention of Boston Celtics fans everywhere when he parted ways with his flat top prior to the start of the 2019 regular season, and now Carsen Edwards has gone the same route.

Edwards said goodbye to his dreadlocks Saturday afternoon, as revealed on Twitter by Celtics.com’s Taylor Snow. Check it out:

Taylor Snow ✔ @taylorcsnow Carsen pulled a Jaylen. No more dreads!
Celtics’ Carsen Edwards Says Goodbye To Dreads, Gets Major Haircut  EIZeUUIXkAc9gn6

Edwards likely wanted a change due to his slow start. The second-round pick is averaging four points per game and shooting just 22.7 percent from the floor so far this season through four games. Hopefully for Edwards, the makeover comes with some needed buckets.

We don’t think the change will be met with much applause, however, as Celtics fans seemed to be supporters of the dreads.

bob
MY NOTE:  He looks a bit like Rondo now, doesn't he?  I thought the dreadlocks were kinda cool but it doesn't matter to me.  As long as the shots drop he can do a reverse mohawk for all I care.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics’ Carsen Edwards Says Goodbye To Dreads, Gets Major Haircut  Empty Re: Celtics’ Carsen Edwards Says Goodbye To Dreads, Gets Major Haircut

Post by wideclyde Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:16 pm

if nothing else, Edwards will not likely have a "bad hair" day with his new cut

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Celtics’ Carsen Edwards Says Goodbye To Dreads, Gets Major Haircut  Empty Re: Celtics’ Carsen Edwards Says Goodbye To Dreads, Gets Major Haircut

Post by bobc33 Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:33 pm

Whatever it takes to get the outside shot dropping!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:26 am

Carsen's head must be messed up. He is a great shooter.
Even Markelle Fultz is getting his stroke back. It won't be long for Edwards.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:21 am

That's what I was thinking. He has been contributing, but not the way we expected. His main thing is bombing those 3's in rapid succession and they just haven't been hitting yet. Call it as you guys did in that it is an adjustment period to real play in the NBA.

He's a great, very annoying defender. Actually it's very annoying to watch him out there in a very good way. The guys he goes up against probably don't like him literally bouncing all over them either straight up or on their sides or backs. He's snagged a few rebounds as well. He will be a marked man like Ray Allen was once they do start falling. Can't wait! He's solidly in the rotation, though. Brad is doing him right.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Just like Jaylen, it changes his whole look. He doesn't look like a little kid anymore. Probably a pain to take care of on a daily basis. He does look like Rondo, though he is not built like him. He is a strong "little" guy. (I can say that since I don't hit 5 feet myself!!!)
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:56 am

Just a thought. If Edwards doesn't come firing and scoring at will out of the gates in CLE tonight or over the next couple of weeks, could he benefit from some more time in Maine albeit brief just to clear the cobwebs out? Just curious.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 am

gary washburn

Verified account

@GwashburnGlobe
Follow Follow @GwashburnGlobe
More
Carsen Edwards explains why he cut off his dreads. Was a pre-draft promise to his mom. #Celtics.

https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/1191745348152242177

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down