Report: Bobby Portis referred to himself in third person during pre-draft interviews

4 posters

Go down

Report: Bobby Portis referred to himself in third person during pre-draft interviews Empty Report: Bobby Portis referred to himself in third person during pre-draft interviews

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:39 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-bobby-portis-referred-himself-185501848.html

Report: Bobby Portis referred to himself in third person during pre-draft interviews

Dan Feldman, NBC Sports

22 hours ago

Bobby Portis couldn’t believe Bobby Portis fell to the No. 22 pick in the 2015 NBA draft.

This might explain why.

Former Nets executive Bobby Marks (now with ESPN):

Bobby Marks
✔
@BobbyMarks42
A 28 point performance by Bobby Portis in New York- one of the rare pre-draft interviews that I’ve witnessed where a player referenced himself in the third person.

5:25 PM - Oct 28, 2019

Former Grizzlies executive John Hollinger (now with The Athletic):

Bobby Marks
✔
@BobbyMarks42
· Oct 28, 2019
A 28 point performance by Bobby Portis in New York- one of the rare pre-draft interviews that I’ve witnessed where a player referenced himself in the third person.

John Hollinger
✔
@johnhollinger
Ha ME TOO!!

5:31 PM - Oct 28, 2019

I don’t mind Bobby Portis referring to Bobby Portis in the third person. In fact, I find it delightfully colorful.

But this would also rub many NBA executives the wrong way.

Not too much, though. Chicago still drafted Bobby Portis in the first round and even reportedly offered Bobby Portis a $40 million-$50 million extension. The Knicks are paying Bobby Portis $15 million this season.

And if Bobby Portis produces in New York this season, someone will give Bobby Portis big money next season.

bob
MY NOTE:  People who think they are God's Gift are really irritating to those of us who really are...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Bobby Portis referred to himself in third person during pre-draft interviews Empty Re: Report: Bobby Portis referred to himself in third person during pre-draft interviews

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:57 pm

NYCelt finds this amusing.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Report: Bobby Portis referred to himself in third person during pre-draft interviews Empty Re: Report: Bobby Portis referred to himself in third person during pre-draft interviews

Post by dboss Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:02 pm

NYCelt wrote:NYCelt finds this amusing.
+1
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Bobc33 has noticed this in other sports as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:15 pm

NYCelt wrote:NYCelt finds this amusing.

NYCelt,

We are not amused.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down