Report: Celtics Interviewing Top 10 Candidates, Might Trade Up In Draft

3 posters

Go down

Report: Celtics Interviewing Top 10 Candidates, Might Trade Up In Draft Empty Report: Celtics Interviewing Top 10 Candidates, Might Trade Up In Draft

Post by bobheckler Sat May 16, 2015 12:37 pm

http://nesn.com/2015/05/report-celtics-interviewing-top-10-candidates-may-trade-up-in-draft/

Report: Celtics Interviewing Top 10 Candidates, Might Trade Up In Draft

by Sam Galanis on Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:36PM

The Celtics’ playoff run might not have hurt their chances of continuing their rebuilding process during the upcoming draft.

The C’s reportedly have interviewed players who are top 10 candidates in the 2015 NBA draft, including Duke product Justise Winslow and Kentucky center Willie Cauley-Stein, the Boston Herald’s Mark Murphy reported Thursday. Murphy added that the Celtics’ plethora of interviews are a “good sign” they may trade up in the draft.

The Celtics currently own the 16th and 28th picks in the June 25th draft — they received the latter from the Los Angeles Clippers as compensation for coach Doc Rivers — but they actually have an insane amount of picks in the future that they could use as leverage to move up. In addition to the two first-round and three second-round picks in this year’s draft, Boston owns four first- and second-round selections in 2016.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Celtics Interviewing Top 10 Candidates, Might Trade Up In Draft Empty Re: Report: Celtics Interviewing Top 10 Candidates, Might Trade Up In Draft

Post by Sam Sat May 16, 2015 5:25 pm

I've always believed that there are more ways to get good draft position than simpling tanking.  Whatever Danny does, it's nice to know that he'll be doing it on the basis of exceptional due diligence.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Report: Celtics Interviewing Top 10 Candidates, Might Trade Up In Draft Empty Re: Report: Celtics Interviewing Top 10 Candidates, Might Trade Up In Draft

Post by wide clyde Sat May 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Agreed, Sam. And, I may have turned in my Celtics 'for life' fan card if they had played to lose this season after that dreadful 2013-14 season.

Ainge has so many draft picks in the next few years that most will never wear a Cs uniform at any time. May as well use some of them now as this draft seems to have lots of big men who are likely to succeed. The roster in 2016-17 may not have as many spots open as look to be open in 2015-16. Guards and small forwards are much easier to find later on.

Absolutely nothing wrong with trading up and maybe even a few times this summer/off season before or during the draft. The four second round picks next summer and the two this year can all be used in one trade in my opinion if Ainge can pull it off. Some team may take a first and a bunch of seconds to allow us to move up this year. Chances of finding a rotation player in the second round is always pretty iffy in my opinion anyways, and will be even more difficult to do in following seasons if we win 50 games (my prediction) next season and then win the conference the year after that.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat May 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Clyde,

While I can't every really imagining anything subverting my allegiance to the Celtics, it would certainly have taken a hit if I thought the team had been tanking in any form.  I don't respect a tanking mentality among fans as, among other things, it suggests that playing fantasy general manager is more of a turn-on than rooting for the team to win.  It's certainly their legal right, but perhaps my respect is more readily associated with the executive and legislative branches than the judicial.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down