Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Away

3 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Away

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:52 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/11/comments-from-other-side-clippers-112019.html

by FLCeltsFan

MY NOTE:  My favorites are in bold.  What are yours?

Would love to see Kawhi vs Tatum in this 4th quarter Please!

Should be fun, but not really important Important is April-June, and both teams will be very different then. But my guess is that both squads will be up for the game.

Don't underestimate our ability to play down to a wounded team

This has to be the game Zublocka breaks 20 minutes If we go big the Celtics can’t match up.

Is Zublocka fast? We have not had much trouble matching up to big line-ups.

He is many things, but fast is not one of them.

Time Lord looking good My "told you so" Chuck moment. Woulda, coulda, shoulda over JRob.

I wanted him too

We are truly united in our shared hatred of the Fakers And everything they stand for.

I know this is asking much for their first game playing together but If we win against the league leading Celtics today that would shut a lot of critics up! But I’m ready to use the "hey it’s their first game playing together" excuse if they lose lol

The Era of Clipper World Domination Begins Tonight!

I'm expecting a rough start to the Kawhi/PG era Against a very good Celtics team, with two guys not used to playing with each other.

Certain Celtics also may remember the 28-point comeback from last year and want some retribution. To bad Shamet is out, he was so great in that comeback last season.

WE ARE GOING TO BE A DEFENSIVE MONSTER AND LIMIT THEM TO 10 PER QUARTER 120-40 TONIGHT! I think my expectations for this team might be a tad too high…

The records might not show it but... This clippers team is scary

The Celtics have a lot of shooters and play great as a team especially with Kyrie gone. It’s going to be a good test for us, really hoping Kawhi and PG13 finally play together and we can see them tear it up

Kawhi is setting himself up for the biggest contract of his career in a couple years, he is going to take his time until he is fully healed.

That is the definition of a diva. Can you imagine if all other athletes said I’m going to sit so that I can make more money than any one person bouncing a ball should be entitled to?

When okay to do so trade him back to Toronto for Siakam and change. Of course I’m half heartedly suggesting such but this injury thing is a joke. Give me a player who wants to be out on the floor over a half committed one any day.

I don't want to see us lose to Boston and then come up with the excuse that "Kawhi was injured," and "Boy, when we have our full squad together, we'll show everyone." Makes me wonder if we'll ever have our full squad together.

Perfect time to unleash the duo. Against the best of the East. It's going to a statement game, for sure.

I loved how Staples was rocking chanting DEFENSE during our last 4th quarter Hope we show out tonight, Celtics are popular as ****

Kawhi tightened his cornrows means he's ready to destroy

PG needs to be more careful with the ball

He’s a turnover machine. How much turnovers a game is he averaging?

The amount of Celtics fans and cheers in the crowd is disgusting.

I figured, they travel well

**** Boston sports fans. I was so livid that there were so many damn Red Soxs fans at the 2018 World Series in LA and they got a beat LA chant in our own ****ing city.

It’s insane but Boston sports teams are popular as ****

Kawhi's shot just looks so flat.....

Three weak shots in a row And the Celtics make it a 1-pt game. Can’t have these lapses.

At least we kept the Celtics to 21 points in the quarter

Kanter is going to kill Trez tonight.

I'm not getting too mad when Jaylen Brown scores, he's on my fantasy team...

Are Clipper fans asleep? Feels like a Celtics home game. People at the game make some noise!

Offense a little to slow. Defense is doing all right. They still got Kemba and Brown out there, hopefuly we can weather it until they sit.

Their starters are gonna get tired. They’ll get WORKED by PG and Kawhi in the fourth

Have you seen Kemba’s 4th quarter points this year?

Tatum's hair looks like the smudge tool in ms paint

Celtics is a good defensive team

Zubac needs to pick up the energy. We don’t seem to be hustling hard

Team doesn’t hustle until 4th quarter lol

We're getting worked by Boston.

If we're not tossing the ball out of bounds, we're playing turnstile defense against the Celtics.

Celtics have about 9 open 3s so far. Like 3 were guarded. Clippers are super, super lucky they aren’t down by a ton right now. Celtics have missed every 3  (MY NOTE:  That's why you're toast next time)

31 through 1 and 1/4th quarters is amazing to hold them to. But our offense..

We suck on offense most of the time

Soooo many Celtic fans

Offense is extremely stagnant, defense is giving up wide-open threes constantly and we're lucky that the Celtics are bricking them.

Celtics playing downhill Attacking the basket and we are content with fade-aways and contested jumpers.

A lot of BOS fans... I can hear it

Celtics have the best record in the east, second best in the nba. This ain’t gonna be a walk in the park

I really like Marcus Smart

As long as the Celtics never make a 3 we should be fine tonight

These refs are something else. It’s obvious they’re making this game about themselves

The refs been ****ing us all season

Refs never fail to amaze with these calls on Kawhi. Is he really that strong? Cause that move is normal, he just too strong for the defender.

Trade everyone but Zu I swear lol

DORIS BURKE IS DOG SH** AS A COMMENTATOR IM SORRY..

Not gonna lie I hate Doris Burke as a commentator. Used to love her. Now I don’t this season and most of last

We picked up 2 superstars and turned into the 2004 pistons

ESPN definitely has an agenda against the Clippers

This game is gift wrapped for the clippers. Celtics are like 0-15 from 3s. If they hit 30% of those, that’s an extra 14 points. Keep in mind almost all of those misses were on open attempts.

Doc deploys a zone to give the Celts their first 3 pointer

Must be nice to make 3s how I miss them

Clippers have to trade Patrick Beverly. He's a complete liability on offense. We need a real point guard

Celtics 0-15 from 3 And yet they lead by 3… sad.

Can’t teach being big

The Clippers’ defense is remarkable though. I expect them to get a stop every time down the floor.

We need a stop every time Since we never freaking score.

Wow. 40 point half Yikes. Only consolation is holding them to 42

What happened to this entire team? We're playing like a lazy Doc Rivers team.

Our guys are soft like tissue paper.

I bet both Clippers and Celtics feel like they can play sooo much better than whatever that was in the first half

I feel like every team in the Doc era has had turnover problems. Is it a coaching thing?

Kawhi is not himself these past few games. Wonder what's bothering him.

Easy. Left knee

Hes getting doubled and theres no decent offensive threat for him to pass to

This is gonna be a he** of a Finals series

What is happening RN?

You’re playing a top 5 defense/Top 5 offense team

I'm here at the game. Crazy how many Celtic fans there are.

Celtics dominating points in the paint with a smaller team???? We are getting out coached and outplayed. So hard to watch this. We don’t deserve to win even if our fade away shots do drop.

Out coached is the key phrase We have the talent but can’t seem to figure out how to use it.

Time to get the fire Doc petition printed out  (MY NOTE:  there ya go, Hooter)

The Clippers are playing like they're holding a grenade- so in a hurry to shoot or get rid of the ball. It's like these guys never played together before.

It's almost like this a coaching problem at this point, hmm?!

I honestly have thought that for a while. Doc doesn’t seem to make adjustments very well. At times he doesn’t seem to care at all about ball movement and player movement away form the ball. It gets disturbing.

Why does Marcus Smart Look like a teenager with all that face acne

Kawhi was standing so far out of bounds right in front of the bald ref on the last steal

We're in trouble now that the Celtics are actually making the threes we're giving them.

Never realized How many Celtics fans there are in LA

They come out strong and are super obnoxious

Just when it looked like we might finally get in synch and room a 7 point lead we proceed to give up 8 straight… SMH.

Up 6 and it only lasted for 54 seconds. 😂😂

I feel like when I watch other offenses, they have like actual coherent plays. With our offense it feels like we just give it to one of our good players and hope something good happens.

What a scumbag, he just knocked pat bev out! Get him outta heah

That was a flop, LOL.

Come on Bev.... that’s too much

Someone get Pat to the hospital.

Not gonna lie that reaction by pat bev made me giggle

Clippers have the most floppiest team in the league? Nothing new

Man if Pat Bev were on any other team I definitely would not be able to stand him but I am more than happy to be a hypocrite and love him while he's here

Really hate that they are Celtic fans cheering. Really disgusting

Why is it like a Celtics home game at staples??? The crowd seems to be full of Celtics supporters?

Doc is enabling to much BS from this team It’s not so much lack of chemistry. They are being set up for failure

Brad Stevens doing the Dr. Evil pose

No other ways about it, we're getting bailed out.

Wannamaker is a solid bench player

This “wannamaker” guy is annoying as ****

Doc has been out coached tonight but we'll sit here and ignore it.

Lowkey scared of Celtics Theyre missing Hayward too.

Celts got hot from 3 that quarter... If it continues the rest of the way is going to be tough.

There were also just some nice step back three’s Tatum.

If our star kawhi is going to dribble the ball out of bounds like that…we don’t stand a great chance.

Boston has a scrub at center and zubac is on the bench

The Clipper crowd is disappointing tonight... Why do I hear so much cheering for the Celtics?!

Doc making his “I can’t believe this” face to the refs instead of his own damn team. Been the same way for 10 years.

Tom Thibedeau's lookin' mighty good as a head coaching candidate for this team right now

He would kill Kawhi after two games.

And the Celtics are doing this without Hayward...

What percentage of the crowd are Boston fans? Damn... 60/40? Feels like every Boston bucket getting mad cheers.

Need the team to have a big group hug or something so they can get some chemistry

Are the Clippers purposely playing this way to make us mad & then change it up once the post season starts? 🤔🤔🤔

Doc is just going to keep losing games with his stubbornness to not play Zu. This team is in desperate need of a real coach.

Doc simply can't coach a team with stars or expectations. 2008 was a fluke, not the norm.

This team might be a bigger disappointment Than Lob City

I really just cannot believe doc is still the coach.

We are a Doc Rivers-coached team.

Gotta credit the Celitcs role players. They've been pretty excellent in scrapping for the 50/50 balls all night

I really hate how Clippers fans make 0 noise until the 4th.

When there are free throws for chick fil a

I'm genuinely asking a real question, do the Clippers have any real fans? Their home games always feel like home games for the opposing team.

This is the most frustrating and disappointing team in the league by far.

Damn these Celtics fans are loud at Staples tonight

I think this game EXPOSED Doc Rivers as a subpar coach Going to need to upgrade after the inevitable collapse this year

More cheers for PG’s miss than his make.

Marcus Smart is taking over.

Is it just me or has Doris Burke been biased all game? Every close call she wants it to go against us.  (Maybe it seems that way because you got so many breaks from the refs.  She was calling them straight)

**** brad Stevens and his big brain, that's a good challenge No way they don't call the push on PG.

Oh boy, we got away with one there.

Wow! Refs giving us the game with that call.

How does Tatum keep getting open looks?!

Wow tatum We're gonna have to load manage PG13 from getting his ankles broke

I honestly feel for the players, feels like an away game. Its depressing

Tatum broke LeBron's ankles now PG.

Oh man. I thought that was gonna be a charge for sure.

Thank god for our home town refs huh boys

That was the fastest momentum shift in history lol

Refs had a lot to do with it imho

Doris is totally rooting for Celtics

I'll be honest, we getting away with some bad calls

Damn ref did us a solid Thought that was a charge

Seriously, I know we have home court advantage but these refs are super suspect.

6th man of the year - Refs

God bless these refs

Congrats on Ballmer paying off the refs guys, great game otherwise

Ty refs I mean it unironically

It feels like half the Staples crowd are Boston fans

Guys I’m at the game and the silence of the Celtic fans taste smell and feel so sweet

We have gotten our fair share of calls

Glad Beverley didn't get a tech there lol

They just won't die

Wow what a play by Marcus Smart

Tatum is really good. I didn't buy into the hype before.

Despite how sloppy we looked at times, we should aknowledge the fact that we're playing against a very solid opponent. That hustle play by Smart was amazing.

Anyone else not so excited about the noticeable whining/jawing with the officials from the players and Doc. Reminiscent of the not so pretty parts of the lob city days Imo

Props to the Celtics! Both teams gave a playoff-level intensity to that game.

WOW. What a game. Mad respect to the Celtics, they are very good.

No Gordon Hayward as well

Celtics have an awesome squad. This is gonna make one hell of a finals

I want to respect the Celtics but man, they are not a likeable team.

Yeah there are plenty of things we need to work on from this game, but we just won in OT against a very good Boston team. Let’s celebrate what we did well tonight!

I can't lie no way we would have won without help from the refs. 3 very obvious bad calls went our way to change the momentum. But then we have been jobbed by the refs before so I'm pretty much ok with it.

It was poor execution, but I'd say that Marcus Smart made a hell of a play that few NBA players could/would make

I loved the win, but Jeez I'm tired of our stagnant offense and horrible turnovers. We also got tons of benefits from the refs this game IMO.

**** the Lakers! Let's get a Clippers v. Celtics Finals. Seriously, Horford should've stayed put; Celtics are going to go farther than the 76ers this year. Everyone knew Kyrie was the "enigma" factor last season, and that a player that Kemba with his personality would make the Celtics better.

Oh, and **** the Lakers

If this is what it comes down to in June, could be one of the best series in our lives.

Every time Doris Burke accused the refs of botching a call against Boston, I thought she was right. But I’m still glad we won!

If Celtics are so good this year why did we do so poorly in the fiba world cup?

I wouldn't mind this as a finals series. Reminds me of the old hard nose ball I used to love watching before the league started outlawing defense

The refs gifted the Clippers the win A W is a W though

bob
MY NOTE:  This is the first Comments From The Other Side that I have seen where the fans are admitting that, not only did they NOT get screwed by the ref, but that they won ONLY because of the refs.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Away

Post by bobc33 Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Wow, so true BobH has to be a first time the opposing team fans thought the refs favored their team!

Last edited by bobc33 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Away

Post by dbrown4 Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm here at the game. Crazy how many Celtic fans there are

And the Celtics are doing this without Hayward...

Thank god for our home town refs huh boys

If this is what it comes down to in June, could be one of the best series in our lives.

About sums it up. I don't know BobH. These might be the best fans so far. And no close second. Not one comment about hating Boston. Great respect for the game, players and opponent. Focused on their team. Admitted refs helped them out. Looking forward to seeing us in the Finals as possibly one of the best series of all time! That's 1st Place for me!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down