Ryan Gomes - Second Go Around With Celtics?

2 posters

Go down

Ryan Gomes - Second Go Around With Celtics? Empty Ryan Gomes - Second Go Around With Celtics?

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 pm

WILL GOMES BE ON THE MARKET? 06.27.10 at 11:41 pm ET
By Jessica Camerato
tweets
retweet
Former Celtic Ryan Gomes was traded from the Timberwolves to the Trail Blazers on Draft Night. But the Trail Blazers may release Gomes for financial reasons, according to the Oregonian, which would add him to the free agent market:

Team president Larry Miller said the Blazers will probably release newly acquired forward Ryan Gomes in order to avoid taking on the remaining three seasons of his contract.

The team has until Tuesday to make a decision, but Miller said he has already told Gomes’ agent not to fly him to Portland.

Gomes was drafted by the Celtics in 2005 and has remained a fan favorite in Boston since being sent to Minnesota as part of the Kevin Garnett deal. He has expanded his game to the perimeter since his departure, and shot 37 percent from 3-point range over the past two seasons.

Even though Gomes does not fill the Celtics resounding void down low, he could be a player to watch depending on how free agency shakes out. While there have been no reports that he is on the C’s radar, he is a quality player worth a look should he be added to the free agent market.

Back to top Go down

Ryan Gomes - Second Go Around With Celtics? Empty Re: Ryan Gomes - Second Go Around With Celtics?

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:20 am

I like Ryan Gomes, I always have. I have a sweet spot for smart players who play their roles and play within their limitations.

But he is a tweener, and we need length.

I agree, we should wait and see how free agency works out for him, wait to see how summer league works out for us.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down