Bob Ryan on Celtics chances

5 posters

Go down

Bob Ryan on Celtics chances Empty Bob Ryan on Celtics chances

Post by steve3344 Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Bob Ryan was just interviewed on ESPN radio by Mike Lupica and the chat was 98% baseball and 2% basketball. When Lupica asked the long-time Celtic follower if there was any scenario at all where he saw Boston grabbing the last playoff spot in the East he said this: "Three weeks ago I thought so. Then I saw them play. They can't rebound. They can't shoot. And who's their two guard? So no. My over/under for them is 30 wins."

Sounds about right.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Bob Ryan on Celtics chances Empty Re: Bob Ryan on Celtics chances

Post by k_j_88 Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:06 pm

At SG, I think Bradley has looked good, more so than most of the guys on this team... He's having a great preseason.

I notice he didn't say that PG play has been hampered by putting Crawford and Bradley in that roles. SF play has looked decent overall, even though I'd like to see Green get more involved.

My guess is he wasn't actually watching the games in any real depth.... Aside from rebounding, I'd say he was off the mark a bit.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:27 pm

KJ,

I'd be shocked if Ryan wasn't watching the Celtics' preseason in any depth. Basketball is his meat and potatoes; and Ryan has so many fewer responsibilities nowadays that I'm sure he has time to take in all four of our major pro teams.. I used to watch him scrimmage with the Celtics after practices in the 1960s and 1970s. He thoroughly knows the game, although I do think he lost some of his basketball edge when he moved from being a Celtics beat writer to his overall sports editorial role.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:27 pm

I think hes right on.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:24 pm

Unfortunately, I agree with Ryan, especially when it comes to rebounding.  My hope is that KO works on this facet of his game, I would Imagine Stevens with bang hard on this point during the season.  7 feet tall and not good at rebounding?  Come now my boy, it is time to play with the big boys.  KG would have loved to teach this kid, what a shame.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:41 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Unfortunately, I agree with Ryan, especially when it comes to rebounding.  My hope is that KO works on this facet of his game, I would Imagine Stevens with bang hard on this point during the season.  7 feet tall and not good at rebounding?  Come now my boy, it is time to play with the big boys.  KG would have loved to teach this kid, what a shame.

Rosalie
His arms are too short to box with God.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down