Celtics rookie Grant Williams surprises team employees with kind gesture

5 posters

Go down

Celtics rookie Grant Williams surprises team employees with kind gesture Empty Celtics rookie Grant Williams surprises team employees with kind gesture

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:37 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/celtics-rookie-grant-williams-surprises-223116892.html

Celtics rookie Grant Williams surprises team employees with kind gesture

Justin Leger, NBC Sports Boston

15 hours ago

Boston Celtics rookie Grant Williams is making a positive impact both on and off the court.

The C's No. 22 overall pick in this year's NBA Draft was in the holiday spirit Tuesday as he surprised each team employee with a thoughtful gift. Williams gave out candles with labels that read, "Appreciate all you do for us. From, Grant."

Take a look at a photo of the candle below, via Celtics.com's Marc D'Amico:

Marc D'Amico
✔
@Marc_DAmico
.@Grant2Will came to the Celtics office today and handed out candles to every employee as both a holiday gesture and as a thank you for everyone’s hard work. No other player in the 11 yrs I’ve been here has done something like this. He did it as a rookie. He is a special person.
Celtics rookie Grant Williams surprises team employees with kind gesture EKVIDp_WsAMA7ab

Quite the gesture from the 20-year-old.

Williams topped his gift off with a message on Twitter for the C's employees who keep the team "organized and professional":

Grant Williams
✔
@Grant2Will
Thanks but you guys are special to us. You guys don’t get the credit you guys deserve for keeping us organized and professional. Thankful for all of you!! https://twitter.com/Marc_DAmico/status/1199444110337355776 …

So far in his rookie season, Williams hasn't exactly lit up the stat sheet. But that hasn't mattered as he's provided plenty of energy off the bench and has made the most of his limited minutes.

Clearly, that positive energy goes beyond just the parquet.

bob
MY NOTE:  Somewhere in Brooklyn is a guard with a heart 3 sizes too small saying "And they'll feast, feast, feast, feast. They'll eat their Who-Pudding and rare Who-Roast Beast. But there's something I just cannot stand in the least...Oh no. I'm speaking in rhyme!"

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics rookie Grant Williams surprises team employees with kind gesture Empty Re: Celtics rookie Grant Williams surprises team employees with kind gesture

Post by dbrown4 Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:48 am

Kinda hard to can a guy for not hitting 3's that does stuff like that!! I'm just sayin'!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Celtics rookie Grant Williams surprises team employees with kind gesture Empty Re: Celtics rookie Grant Williams surprises team employees with kind gesture

Post by worcester Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:24 am

I wish him well, but it's what he does on the parquet that matters in the NBA.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:43 pm

I said hard worcester...not impossible!! haha

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:42 pm

So I see Grant Williams has supplanted Marcus Morris as the whipping boy out here?

I have no understanding of what games you guys are watching. He makes winning plays in every aspect of the game except 3 point shooting, something he rarely does.

You guys are really reaching looking for something to bitch about, arent you? Rolling Eyes
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:51 pm

Hey MrKleen,

I was only commenting on his replicating Ben Simmons-like 3-point shooting. Otherwise he comes in and contributes. I like him. Ben's got a nice contract and can't throw it in the ocean.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:45 pm

I like GWill, he’s just getting his feet wet....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:46 pm

I have been to one NBA game this year, with Bob H in SF. In person I could see that GWill was not in position to grab offensive rebounds. He was usually outside looking in rather than inside boxing out. Also I saw him make some bad passes. This is a large part of my limited data base upon which to judge, but it does strongly inform my opinion of him.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:53 pm

worcester wrote:I have been to one NBA game this year, with Bob H in SF. In person I could see that GWill was not in position to grab offensive rebounds. He was usually outside looking in rather than inside boxing out. Also I saw him make some bad passes. This is a large part of my limited data base upon which to judge, but it does strongly inform my opinion of him.
He’s still figuring out his game, he’s obviously doing his role in the offense, BS has the bigs outside alot....even Jaylen should be inside more playing some bullyball in favorable match ups.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down