Sam
bobheckler
babyskyhook
Matty
jeb
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official Doc Rivers Offseason discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Doc Rivers Offseason discussion thread

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:05 am

It is obvious that they don't feel that Armand Hill could take over and be a head coach. Whoever takes over is going to be in for a tough couple of years.
KG will be in his last year, who knows about Paul and Ray, and then we have Rondo, Perk, Davis (if they want him), he has this year and then next is an option year for him. Who knows what will happen, remember, we will be on the downside by then, so the grass might look greener somewhere else for him.

I honestly feel they didn't do enough to try to keep Tibbs here. There is something that tells me that ownership did not want to hand the team over to a first year coach. Defensive genius or not, he has to manage both ends of the court. I will miss seeing him yelling at all the players, telling them where they should be and calling out plays.

I don't know that much about Frank, so it is hard to form an opinion on him.
He was a screamer if I remember correctly!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Official Doc Rivers Offseason discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Doc Rivers Offseason discussion thread

Post by worcester Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Doctor turned me from being a critic and skeptic into an admirer last year. He knows how to coach these guys better than anyone else I can think of and has enormous personal dignity. We're lucky to have him back. Let's remember that if someone gets injured next season and the team hits a rough patch.

Last edited by worcester on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:43 pm

There was also talk on ESPN and another site that the Celtics are high on Vinny Delnegro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:20 pm

I thought Del Negro did a nice job as did Frank. Wouldn't mind either choice.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:22 pm

He is definitely someone I would not like to see get this job eventually. He just doesn't do "it" for me. I think it is a confidence thing. (I have no confidence in him!)
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Official Doc Rivers Offseason discussion thread - Page 2 Empty DOC AND THE HEAT...SAY IT AIN'T SO

Post by 112288 Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Report: Heat could be interested in Doc Rivers
Recommend Comment(0) Email Print Facebook Twitter RSS
Doc Rivers has one year left on his contract with the Celtics. But what lies in store for Rivers after that? Will he leave coaching to spend time with his family? Will he return to the broadcasting booth?

The Miami Heat could be hoping he becomes their next head coach.

In a recent Yahoo! Sports report, Heat President Pat Riley is said to be interested in signing Rivers if current Heat head coach Eric Spolestra can't win an NBA Championship with Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in the fold.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! writes:

The pressure on Spoelstra to win a championship in 2011 promises to be immense. To keep his job, he’ll probably have to win it all, especially because Riley has his eye on Doc Rivers to someday coach the Heat. Rivers has one year left on his Celtics contract, and has been heavily affected by the distance between him and his family still living in Orlando.

After agreeing to return for the final year of his deal with the Celtics, Doc Rivers said he felt confident about competing for Boston's 18th championship.

"We want to go after this one more time, and we have Kevin [Garnett] and Paul [Pierce] and Ray [Allen] hopefully all coming back, so why not?" he said. "Let's see if we can do it one more time."

Rivers, who coached the Orlando Magic from 1999-2004, has a career coaching record of 451-380, with a 46-40 playoff mark. With Boston, he is 280-212 and 41-30 in the postseason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 am

Funny, I was thinking about that possibility just yesterday. Doc would be the ideal coach to pull together a bunch of veterans, make sure they're on the same page, and find the best way for them to work together. But this will be the critical year for them. If they don't get it right this season, the letdown from expectations could potentially undermine their chemistry, although a new coach sometimes has the effect of presenting a team with a clean slate.

Hope it doesn't happen. I'm not wishing for anything good for Miami right now.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:40 am

Hi,
I think that Spoelstra's left in Miami as an insurance: if Heat doesn't win all blame will be put on him and he'll be tossed under the bus.
If it happens and Doc is courted to coach Miami, I hope he's smart enough to realize that odds are he'll be the next "lamb".

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:29 pm

No matter what happens this year, this will be thought will be hanging around.
I personally feel it is stupid for Doc to take on that job. If he fails, and who is to say that just because he coached the Celtics to a title he can do it there, the talk will be that he couldn't control those three guys. I just don't think he is crazy enough to put himself in that position. But, who am I to say?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 pm

If they offer Doc Phil Jackson money - $10M a year, 3 years guaranteed, he would be crazy not to take it!

Rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2