bobc33
dbrown4
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
11 posters

Go down

Road Trip Coming Empty Road Trip Coming

Post by dboss Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:29 pm

The Celtics play at Minnesota this Friday followed by a rematch with the Lakers on Sunday.  Then they head to Portland on Tuesday and finish the B2B on Wednesday at Utah.  This is a tough stretch of 4 road games.  It is coming at a time when the Toronto Raptors have been beating everybody.  They play their next 4 games at home.

The Celtics are just one game back in the loss column for 2nd place which highlights the importance of this upcoming road trip.  It becomes increasingly difficult to make up games as you move deeper into the season.

Winning on the road is no easy task even against lesser teams but that is what will be needed if the Celtics want to set themselves up for a home court advantage  for at least 2 series. 

My main concern is to have a healthy roster.  Brown has sore ankles and Robert Williams is just emerging from an extended rehab of his hip injury.  I think both of these guys will be ready to go on the 21st.

With just 28 games left, all I really want is for this team to stay healthy.  At this point in the season Brad Stevens has sufficient data on how this team fits together.  However he has not had a full complement of guys to play in the middle so this 28 game stretch should help him to figure out when and how to use our bigs.  That is really the only question that I have about this team. 

JT is now our top scorer.  Over the past 10 games he is averaging 27 PPG and 7.1 rebounds.  However we should not overlook GH who has average 20.2 PPG and 8.6 rebounds and 3.9 assists over the past 10 games.  Marcus Smart has averaged 13.8 PPG with 4.5 assists and 4.1 rebounds.   Jaylen and Kemba have struggled a bit but are part of this big picture.  The Celtics have been playing their best basketball of the year not withstanding that early 10 game streak.  

Let's go Celtics!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Road Trip Coming Empty Re: Road Trip Coming

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:42 pm

Have to agree, this is going to be a tough stretch for them. But, if all of them are back on the court healthy, I feel we are in a great position. The one guy you did not mention is Daniel Theis and I feel he deserves a huge pat on the back. He has paid his heart out, working at both ends of the floor, blocking shots, rebounding and even scoring when necessary. I am excited for him as he was just one of the three players playing center at the start of the season. He has proved how important he is to this team.

I still believe the sky is the limit with this team. If Wanamaker and Semi and GWill can continue to come off the bench for meaningful minutes, The bench will be a real asset. I know I left out Kanter, I just hope he will regain his health, he is vital to this team against certain teams.

So....we sit here and wait for Friday, and I cannot wait. GO CELTICS
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:59 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Have to agree, this is going to be a tough stretch for them. But, if all of them are back on the court healthy, I feel we are in a great position. The one guy you did not mention is Daniel Theis and I feel he deserves a huge pat on the back. He has paid his heart out, working at both ends of the floor, blocking shots, rebounding and even scoring when necessary. I am excited for him as he was just one of the three players playing center at the start of the season. He has proved how important he is to this team.  

I still believe the sky is the limit with this team. If Wanamaker and Semi and GWill can continue to come off the bench for meaningful minutes, The bench will be a real asset.  I know I left out Kanter, I just hope he will regain his health, he is vital to this team against certain teams.

Rosalie

No snub to Theis.  He has been a key complementary player as has Wanamaker, Grant and Semi.  And Kanter has been a nice post option for us that Brad has used perfectly.  

Now Brad can finish off the dish by adding RW into the mix.

We are deep at the point, have 3 of the best interchangeable wings in the NBA and have 3 very different but complimentary bigs plus small ball Grant.  

I like our team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Nothing comes easy.  LAL will be waiting for us after we dusted them.  Wouldn't be surprised if we get the same welcoming treatment.  Of course it would be great to steal that one.  Screw the other ones!  

Schedule is what it is.  All have to complete 82.  This road trip may very well wrap up the last lingering question in the East...who comes in 2nd/3rd.  Will be interesting to see how Brad gets the last puzzle piece filled at center.

TOR will learn nothing lasts forever.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:27 pm

Got excited when I saw Road Trip!

Thought perhaps it would be about our next board get together in Sarasota!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:35 pm

bobc33 wrote:Got excited when I saw Road Trip!  

Friday April 10th at Orlando. We'll all stay at Pete's house! It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:01 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Nothing comes easy.  LAL will be waiting for us after we dusted them.  Wouldn't be surprised if we get the same welcoming treatment.  Of course it would be great to steal that one.  Screw the other ones!  

Schedule is what it is.  All have to complete 82.  This road trip may very well wrap up the last lingering question in the East...who comes in 2nd/3rd.  Will be interesting to see how Brad gets the last puzzle piece filled at center.

TOR will learn nothing lasts forever.  

db
The Celtics have played well enough this year to make yet another trip to the playoffs.  

dbrown, this trip could keep us in the mix for a high seed or knock us back.  What I am encouraged about is the way Boston has been playing.  They have won 11 out of 13 and have figured out who they are.  They have used all forms of field dressing to patch up the wounded but they keep coming over the ridge.  They are in the mode of a relentless stalker.

The LAL game is on ABC at 3:30 PM Sunday.  The Lakers were thoroughly embarrassed in Boston and will be looking to blow Boston off the court.  It is the rivalry of all NBA rivalries.  The players have changed.  The dynamics of the game have changed but the historical event remains.

Looking for Boston to shock the world!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:23 pm

I'm with you, dboss!  Would love to see 4-0!  That would shock the world!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f44zuOc4uk0
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:20 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Have to agree, this is going to be a tough stretch for them. But, if all of them are back on the court healthy, I feel we are in a great position. The one guy you did not mention is Daniel Theis and I feel he deserves a huge pat on the back. He has paid his heart out, working at both ends of the floor, blocking shots, rebounding and even scoring when necessary. I am excited for him as he was just one of the three players playing center at the start of the season. He has proved how important he is to this team.  

I still believe the sky is the limit with this team. If Wanamaker and Semi and GWill can continue to come off the bench for meaningful minutes, The bench will be a real asset.  I know I left out Kanter, I just hope he will regain his health, he is vital to this team against certain teams.

and Theis has to be one of the best in the NBA at setting those moving screens down in the paint...freeing up the guy with ball from having a defender rotate over. I know it's illegal and all, but Theis is really good at it !!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:24 pm

gyso wrote:

Friday April 10th at Orlando.  We'll all stay at Pete's house!  It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive  Very Happy

I'll keep my schedule open. Who's driving?

Pete's guest room is pretty big, right?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:33 pm

NYCelt wrote:
gyso wrote:

Friday April 10th at Orlando.  We'll all stay at Pete's house!  It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive  Very Happy

I’ll drive. Big thanks go to Pete for agreeing to put all of us up!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:05 pm

bobc33 wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
gyso wrote:

I’ll drive.  Big thanks go to Pete for agreeing to put all of us up!

Can I crash that?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:58 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobc33 wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
gyso wrote:

I’ll drive.  Big thanks go to Pete for agreeing to put all of us up!

Can I crash that?

Why not, he's a hospitable guy. Just don't order a bagel. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:18 am

I'm in Sarasota too. People can stay at my home. Has anyone bought tickets yet for that Orlando game? I assume we all want to sit together.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:40 am

worcester wrote:I'm in Sarasota too. People can stay at my home. Has anyone bought tickets yet for that Orlando game? I assume we all want to sit together.  

W,

I'm not sure as to how serious we are. This began when I was goofing on BobC's post and then others chimed in.

For what it's worth, it could become serious. I probably would stay in a hotel closer to Orlando on Friday night, which would shorten my drive by a couple of hours. As for Saturday and Saturday night, we could extend the shindig and move it down your way. Maybe there is a sports bar where we could watch the Miami game on Saturday night as well.

Lets get a head count to see if there is real interest. This could evolve into something real.

Who is interested in meeting up in Florida for the April 10-11-12 weekend?

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:23 am

You are welcome to stay here. We could fit 3-4 more if gyso would be willing to share his room. If you guys are serious I'll check with the house manager to make sure we are open.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:26 am

Well I'm serious. Friday night game in Orlando. Saturday Miami game on TV. I can accomodate a couple of couch surfers too.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:37 am

Should we start a new thread about this and not hijack this one? I could add a poll for head count.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:09 pm

gyso wrote:Should we start a new thread about this and not hijack this one?  I could add a poll for head count.

Let's go with a new thread if this is beyond the kidding around with Pete stage.

I could possibly fly down. It depends on my son's baseball schedule, which I should know somewhere around March 13.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:19 pm

We are here so if you all are interested our house is available? Pool Party?
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:50 pm

I'm not loving Kemba over-extending himself in the Allstar game and missing the first game back
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:06 pm

gyso wrote:
worcester wrote:I'm in Sarasota too. People can stay at my home. Has anyone bought tickets yet for that Orlando game? I assume we all want to sit together.  

W,

I'm not sure as to how serious we are.  This began when I was goofing on BobC's post and then others chimed in.

For what it's worth, it could become serious.  I probably would stay in a hotel closer to Orlando on Friday night, which would shorten my drive by a couple of hours.  As for Saturday and Saturday night, we could extend the shindig and move it down your way.  Maybe there is a sports bar where we could watch the Miami game on Saturday night as well.

Lets get a head count to see if there is real interest.  This could evolve into something real.

Who is interested in meeting up in Florida for the April 10-11-12 weekend?

I am most definitely ready to roll with this.  Count me in please.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:10 am

There's a sticky thread dedicated to the Florida April get together. If you are interested, please post there so we can get a head count.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down