UpDate on Frank As Assistant Coach

4 posters

Go down

UpDate on  Frank As Assistant Coach Empty UpDate on Frank As Assistant Coach

Post by 112288 Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Lawrence Frank ex coach of Nets was on the side lines with Ainge and Doc at today's summer league game. All indications point to Frank being the head assistant coach to Doc.

Frank In Mix To Replace Thibodeau With Boston
More Celtics News

Jul 07, 2010 4:01 PM EST
Former Nets coach Lawrence Frank is in the mix to replace Tom Thibodeau as Celtics coach Doc Rivers' top assistant.

Frank joined the Celtics to watch Tuesday's summer league loss to the 76ers. Rivers acknowledged that Frank is an impressive candidate for the vacancy.

Thibodeau left Boston to coach the Bulls earlier this offseason.

"It's going good, I'm in no rush, and it's really not going to be a big deal," Rivers said. "Lawrence is one of the guys I am looking at, and we're looking at a couple of other guys, but I don't think it will be very hard to find a guy.

"Lawrence Frank is a great defense guy, but he knows the game. I want to get a guy like that who does everything."

Via Boston Globe

Read more: http://realgm.net/src_wiretap_archives/67936/20100707/frank_in_mix_to_replace_thibodeau_with_boston/#ixzz0t3mo3Lnd

Last edited by 112288 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

UpDate on  Frank As Assistant Coach Empty Re: UpDate on Frank As Assistant Coach

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Lawrence Frank would be a great addition for Boston.
I have heard a number of times that he is/was the best x's and o's head coach in the league.
I am surprised he is not a head coach right now.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

UpDate on  Frank As Assistant Coach Empty Re: UpDate on Frank As Assistant Coach

Post by gyso Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Celtics add Frank to staff:

The Celtics found a coach with NBA head coaching experience to fill the spot of Tim Thibodeau, who left for the Chicago Bulls. As expected, the Celtics hired former New Jersey Nets coach Lawrence Frank as Doc Rivers' lead assistant coach, according to a team source.

Frank, 39, was fired by the Nets last November after six seasons. A one-time manager for the Indiana University basketball team under Bobby Knight, Frank ascended to an NBA head coaching role 12 years later. He was an assistant at the University of Tennessee and then with the Vancouver Grizzles before being named interim head coach of the Nets in January 2004 when Byron Scott was fired.

He led New Jersey to a 25-15 mark at the Eastern Conference semifinals that first season and then playoff appearances in the next three seasons before consecutive 34-48 marks. The Nets, in total rebuilding mode after trading Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson, fired Frank after a 0-16 start to the 2009-10 season.

Frank had been working as an analyst for NBA TV and traveled to Orlando last week to interview for the position with the Celtics' brass at the Orlando Summer League.

"Lawrence Frank is a great defense guy, but he knows the game (also)," Rivers said last week about Frank. "I want to get a guy like that who does everything."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

Not Associate Head Coach?

Back to top Go down

UpDate on  Frank As Assistant Coach Empty FRANK HIRED AS DOC'S ASSISTANT

Post by 112288 Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:20 am

CELTICS HIRE FORMER NETS COACH FRANK
By: Rob Bradford
Print
Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com/FoxSports.com has confirmed multiple reports that the Celtics have hired former New Jersey Nets head coach Lawrence Frank as an assistant coach under Doc Rivers. The 39-year-old Frank had been the Nets head coach for seven seasons before being fired 16 games into the 2009-10 campaign. His career record with New Jersey was 225-241 in the regular season, and 18-20 in the postseason.

“I think it’s a good situation for me – I wanted to get back and coach, and I didn’t want to sit and wait, and you can’t ask for a better situation or a better organization,” Frank told the Newark Star-Ledger.

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:29 am

I hope this Frank knows something about how to stop a bean (Kobe Bean) that is! (LOL)-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down