I think the Celtics are about to win the title!

5 posters

Go down

I think the Celtics are about to win the title! Empty I think the Celtics are about to win the title!

Post by NYCelt Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:40 pm

Watching a replay of game 6 from the 2008 title game on ESPN.

4th quarter about to start.

Big lead. I think we're going to win the title!

Things you do when the world has stopped...

Can't wait to see the next one!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

I think the Celtics are about to win the title! Empty Re: I think the Celtics are about to win the title!

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:06 am

NYCelt,

I think you are onto something. I watched the not-so-good 2010 Game 7. Man, I had completely blocked that one out. What a defensive clinic on both ends! We still should have won that game even without Perk. Lakers D was just a little more stifling than ours. Hard game to watch knowing the outcome.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

I think the Celtics are about to win the title! Empty Re: I think the Celtics are about to win the title!

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:37 am

That game is on national tv this afternoon, I refuse to watch it.

On another note, any of you that can pull up NBC/TV Boston sports channel, the channel the games are broadcast on, is repeating the 1976 triple overtime game tonight at 7:00PM. If you have never watched it, do yourself a favor and tune in. The greatest game in Celtic history as far as I am concerned. I may be prejudiced, seeing that I was sitting in the second balcony of the Old Garden front row, right where Havlicek hit the "leaner" shot. It was one heck of a game

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:00 pm

dbrown4 wrote:NYCelt,

I think you are onto something.  I watched the not-so-good 2010 Game 7.  Man, I had completely blocked that one out.  What a defensive clinic on both ends!  We still should have won that game even without Perk.  Lakers D was just a little more stifling than ours.  Hard game to watch knowing the outcome.    

db

Worst officiating I’ve ever seen, they were allowed to mug us in the paint, any little possible tiny tack foul would always be called on us

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:42 pm

We still should have won that one, despite the odds against us without Perk. Hell, we lead most of the way up until the last 6 minutes and still had a chance to win it. Dang!! I'm still pissed about that game and series 10 years later!! Well, the Lakers thought they should have won in 1984 as well.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:22 pm

Ah, folks, we won that game 131 - 92 and clinched the title.

June 17, 2008. Game 6 at TD.

What game are you thinking about?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:42 pm

2010 world championship game lakers won
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:22 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
dbrown4 wrote:NYCelt,

I think you are onto something.  I watched the not-so-good 2010 Game 7.  Man, I had completely blocked that one out.  What a defensive clinic on both ends!  We still should have won that game even without Perk.  Lakers D was just a little more stifling than ours.  Hard game to watch knowing the outcome.    

db

Worst officiating I’ve ever seen, they were allowed to mug us in the paint, any little possible tiny tack foul would always be called on us

23 offensive rebounds for the Lakers compared to only 8 for Boston is what won game 7 for the Lakers.
Boston scored 146 points combined in games 6 and 7.
You are not going to close out a series when scoring 67 then 79 points in games 6 and 7.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:35 pm

No Perk, no championship. To still be in it until the last few seconds sans Perk and the OR imbalance shows us all we need to know.

Break for the Lakers. (No pun intended Perk.)

Just like the Rambis Clothesline...it completely changed what was the inevitable direction of the series.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down